How to fix their anemic pass rush?

How to fix it? Play better. Solutions come from within, not outside the facility. This ain't Madden. Hired mercenaries mid season rarely walk in and solve existing issues. Can they help? Sure
 
How to fix it? Play better. Solutions come from within, not outside the facility. This ain't Madden. Hired mercenaries mid season rarely walk in and solve existing issues. Can they help? Sure
I have to disagree. I think it's a scheme problem. We have enough talent to have at least a viable pass rush.
 
Outside of Maxx Crosby there aren't any truly pass rushers available, with the Raiders early success, he is most likely off the block. Could be the reason why Cowboys management pivoted in acquiring the high-end press corner. They still could add a mid-level type like a Josh Sweat, but probably would have to overpay. Point is, they isn't an elite edge rusher coming to save this defense.

As I mentioned, in another post Mike Pettine has worked with CP in the past while both of them in Green Bay. Matter of fact the Cowboys tried to hire him as a consultant onto CP's staff. His last stop was with the Vikings under Brain Flores, but he also was Rex Ryan's DC with the Jets:

Jets designed a defense around Darrell Revis with an average pass rush. They used a ton of simulated pressures. Not saying Porter is on the level as Revis, nor has to be, but this can work to generate more pressure and force the ball out more quickly.
Blitz? Vs the Texans when Parker did good things happened. Plain and simple it seems but nope
 
Outside of Maxx Crosby there aren't any truly pass rushers available, with the Raiders early success, he is most likely off the block. Could be the reason why Cowboys management pivoted in acquiring the high-end press corner. They still could add a mid-level type like a Josh Sweat, but probably would have to overpay. Point is, they isn't an elite edge rusher coming to save this defense.

As I mentioned, in another post Mike Pettine has worked with CP in the past while both of them in Green Bay. Matter of fact the Cowboys tried to hire him as a consultant onto CP's staff. His last stop was with the Vikings under Brain Flores, but he also was Rex Ryan's DC with the Jets:

Jets designed a defense around Darrell Revis with an average pass rush. They used a ton of simulated pressures. Not saying Porter is on the level as Revis, nor has to be, but this can work to generate more pressure and force the ball out more quickly.
Iron supplements!
 
Maybe but didn't we say that last year too?
Not me. Don't you remember me screaming from the rooftops that Eber didn't have a chance due to an extreme lack of talent?

Right now as it stands, Eber is a much better DC than Parker. I sure hope it changes. We would be better right now if we'd have kept Eber and found a different scapegoat. Still amazes me how many fall for Jerry's scapegoating tactics.
 
Not me. Don't you remember me screaming from the rooftops that Eber didn't have a chance due to an extreme lack of talent?

Right now as it stands, Eber is a much better DC than Parker. I sure hope it changes. We would be better right now if we'd have kept Eber and found a different scapegoat. Still amazes me how many fall for Jerry's scapegoating tactics.
Yes I do. As did I. I also thought he lacked any ability to adjust.
 
Not me. Don't you remember me screaming from the rooftops that Eber didn't have a chance due to an extreme lack of talent?

Right now as it stands, Eber is a much better DC than Parker. I sure hope it changes. We would be better right now if we'd have kept Eber and found a different scapegoat. Still amazes me how many fall for Jerry's scapegoating tactics.
Agree, so far CP is getting a free pass and it's odd. It's like many content creators are telling us one thing yet we see another on the field.
 
Yeah, Q SHOULD be enough inside with Clark or Otito (get the rook LT in there too)….we have next to zero rush around the edge. All I see is the ends/lob running right into the tackle, nobody has pass rush moves or burst to get AROUND the tackles…at least not the players I’ve watched. Bet Barham would do better getting around the tackles than EZ, just looks like he really tries to get into the backfield.
When it’s third and long, I would be tempted to rush Barham every time. Move him around. He is a solid pass rusher.
 
There are serious personnel deficiencies at all 3 levels of the defense.
At the first line Parker needs 3 better edges than EZ, Lawrence and Gary. Add Houston and Miller and that edge room is sorely lacking production.
But he does have QW so that's a start with a core piece.

At the second level he's got Barham as a downhill at the LOS MLB thumper/enforcer.
Overshown is always hurt.
Winters has underperformed.
Neither is the short or long term answer at LB. Parker needs 2 new ones to help Barham.

At the 3rd level he's got Downs. So again he's got one core piece at all 3 levels. Opinions may vary but I like Porter and Durant as the 2 outside CBs. After that I'm not sure how Parker would like to do position flex. Put Downs in the slot? That means Hooker's on the field though. I'm trying to avoid ANY Bland or Hooker even seeing the field. All the rest of the depth corners including Revel are hardly even meh.
Parker needs 2 unless Durant and Porter are re-signed. Naw, he still needs 2 anyway.

It's NOT scheme.
Football smarts/IQ is also included in a player skill set.
I mean do you really think Parker aint yelling, teaching, preaching edge contain on mobile QBs?

Gimme a freakin break.

jmo
 
When it’s third and long, I would be tempted to rush Barham every time. Move him around. He is a solid pass rusher.
Yup, looks like he just does more to get back there. EZ doesn’t look like he explodes, not enough moves to get around tackles.
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,248
Messages
14,674,871
Members
24,227
Latest member
Nathaniel
Back
Top