How we gonna sign Rackers now?

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Sorry Racker Backers

Cardinals | Rackers Receives Extension
Tue, 8 Nov 2005 10:04:58 -0800

Darren Urban, of the East Valley Tribune, reports Arizona Cardinals PK Neil Rackers has received a contract extension. Terms of the deal are not currently available.

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
abersonc said:
Sorry Racker Backers

Darren Urban, of the East Valley Tribune, reports Arizona Cardinals PK Neil Rackers has received a contract extension. Terms of the deal are not currently available.

Well....so much for my plan! Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
abersonc said:
Sorry Racker Backers

Guess we better keep looking.......dang!

Hiero

Reaction score
that sucks, we should really try and draft one if we can. Kicker needs to be taken care of for a team that plays a lot of close games, and is a playoff contender.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Did I hear an F-bomb at Valley Ranch?

I think Parcells would have made a play for him.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Kickers are so unpredictable, yet are very important. Rackers is having an amazing season, but who knows what will happen with him next year. Good decision for Arizona to extend his contract. Relatively cheap for them. Dallas could have signed him for more money and then he could come in and go into a slump. Getting a good kicker takes some luck and patience. Just don't sign a jerk like Cortez and I will be mostly happy. Kickers shouldn't be showing up teammates.

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
Hostile said:

I think so too...maybe Rackers did not pick up the subtleties. What BP was trying to say to him...don't sign until we talk in the off-season because you will be on a playoff team and we will pay some dough...he obviously missed that. I guess he's not married :lmao2:

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Hostile said:

I think unlike most of us, BP was smart enough to know the guy wasn't going to hit the open market.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) -- Neil Rackers was rewarded for his perfect field-goal kicking Tuesday, receiving a four-year contract extension from the Arizona Cardinals.

Rackers is 26-for-26 on field-goal attempts this season, including 13 from 40-plus yards. The kicker leads the NFL in scoring with 86 points, and his kickoffs have resulted in 20 touchbacks.

With a club-record 26 straight field goals, Rackers needs four more to match the team record for most in a season set in 1995 by Greg Davis.

Rackers joined the Cardinals as a free agent in 2003. He was a sixth-round pick by the Cincinnati Bengals in 2000. In 79 games, Rackers has made 101 of 134 field goal tries

Rackers is on pace to break the league record for field goals in a season. Olindo Mare kicked 39 for Miami in 1999 and Jeff Wilkins matched that number for St. Louis in 2003. Mare was 25-of-27 and Wilkins 16-of-18 after seven games.

He has a way to go for the NFL record for consecutive field goals. Mike Vanderjagt had 42 in a row for Indianapolis from 2002-2004.

Financial terms of the deal weren't disclosed

Hiero

Reaction score
This guy would have been a huge boost to the cowboys, but we still need to find a bigtime kicker likethat, maybe we will have to draft one.