How will the Cowboys deal with a Zeke suspension?

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
fat-drunk-and-stupid-animal-house.gif
I feel like I hear that quote in my head every day.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Here we go again.

:omg:

So my question is..

Does Jerrah mount another defense of Zeke?

Or does he remain quiet and stay in the background?

:cool:

If Zeke gets hit with another big suspension...

and it obviously will affect our season if lengthy..

How does this play out?

Do they stop trying to do the contract?

Do they hardball a lower offer?

Do they trade him and wash their hands?

Or do they do like Gregory and wait until the rules changes and wait it out and then pickup where they left off.

The collective bargaining agreement is about up.

Perhaps Jerrah needs to look at backing a reduction of the commishes power going forward.

:angry:

They do not have these issues more or less in MLB or the NBA or the NHL or auto racing.

When was the last time they suspended a NASCAR driver for drinking too much at a festival?

When I watch the video..it really looks like Zeke stumbles into the guard and the guard lost his balence and ends up on the ground.

He was not attacked by Zeke.

This has enormous ramifications for us again.

Why is it always the NFL? And why us all the time?

:popcorn:

Comments and discussion welcome.

The moron will do NOTHING until the day Zeke gets suspended and then will defend his honor like a mother.

What we should do is go out and sign a quality veteran NOW that can go all the way through OTA's and TC. A guy that COULD learn the system and step right in "in the event". But like last time, they will do nothing and act like this all came out of nowhere.

Then will expect a couple of rookies to be "the next man up" and act like Zeke is still there and are a run first offense.

aria

Reaction score
They’ll sign him to a decent or even big contract, no question about it. Jerrah thrives on players like this, if Zeke was with another team and hit the open market because of his behavioral issues Jerrah would be all over him like stink on a monkey. Now he’s got a guy in house, he doesn’t even have to court him. It’s a win win for Jerrah.

After the contract Jerrah will say something like “Well, uh uh, I talked with Ezekiel and I uh think he’s a tremendous young man who’s done a lot for the community and who has a lot of talent. I think Zeke will uh, uh learn from this and we’ll be sure to uh keep him focused on football”.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Oh fiery sky orb of swift travels, from the teachings of the many moons of past troubles ,the learning's of which indicate that the great
Football DaD will shelter the warrior ways of the wayward #21 within walls of his very own lodge much like he's doing with his fellow tribe member ,the cloud rider #94

:starspin::starspin::thumbup::starspin::starspin:

aria

Reaction score
Oh fiery sky orb of swift travels, from the teachings of the many moons of past troubles ,the learning's of which indicate that the great
Football DaD will shelter the warrior ways of the wayward #21 within walls of his very own lodge much like he's doing with his fellow tribe member ,the cloud rider #94

So true and so beautifully elegant, as always!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Here we go again.

So my question is..

How does this play out?

Or do they do like Gregory and wait until the rules changes and wait it out and then pickup where they left off.

Perhaps Jerrah needs to look at backing a reduction of the commishes power going forward.

They do not have these issues more or less in MLB or the NBA or the NHL or auto racing.

When was the last time they suspended a NASCAR driver for drinking too much at a festival?

When I watch the video..it really looks like Zeke stumbles into the guard and the guard lost his balence and ends up on the ground.

Those brain pills I sent you from amazon sure work.
Great post, old fellow. Old boy, old farmer.
Hollah and brings me a dollah!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I agree.

lets just go ahead and hold another draft and lets start over.

Let the other teams have our players.

I want a whole new team..

but I want this new team to be able to smoke and joke and pull girl's tops down with no suspensions.

Sort of like Animal House.

What am I saying? They got suspended and thrown out of college.

We are Animal House.

Check yer fluids, old boy.

GenoT

Reaction score

What Melon said...

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
As long as the OL can play at a high level I would expect the offense to still play well without Zeke.
The protection breaking down was the biggest issue last time, even moreso than missing Zeke. Had Chaz Green not happened, I think the offense probably would have remained decent, at least.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Here we go again.

So my question is..

How does this play out?

Zeke is not getting suspended unless NFL wants to bring in Robert Kraft’s mess.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
We don't know, nor should we assume that Zeke is a lock to be suspended. The league office, at present, is showing at least some improved extent of leniency toward the players, as compared to what they were doing in the past. There are obviously a mixed group of us who feel that Elliott will or will not be subjected to an unfairly harsh suspension, assuming there is even one to be considered likely at all. An increasing number of people in and around the NFL lately have taken the stance that Zeke won't be suspended at all. All in all, it does seem that nobody knows for sure. I do hope he doesn't, although I wouldn't bet on it, knowing full well what Goodell and those around him have done in the past.

In any event, I suspect that the Dallas staff is making some preparations and taking precautions to remain offensively capable in the event that Zeke falls subject to an uncertain length of suspension. Let's not be inclined to panic in view of Zeke Elliott's situation. Here's hoping most of us feel the same to serve our own sense of well being. Whatever happens will happen, regardless of how we, as fans may feel about it. I look forward to a very promising year of football and the chips will fall where they may. This team will likely be one to please most of us when all is said and done. Let's just enjoy it, ok? ;)

Last edited:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I'll say this: last year management thought we didn't need a wr1. That didn't turn out to be the case.

I seriously hope someone's putting together a contingency plan should the worst happen (e.g. find a vet; dunno any names tho tbh) instead of planning it won't happen.

Agreed. I'd sign Ajayi as insurance if Zeke gets suspended.