News: How would you feel if a star Cowboy player was doing this?

revospeed

Reaction score
1. I am a vegetarian and have been for the last 25 years.
2. The way these animals are stabbed with knifes on spears so many times over the course of a few hours for the pleasure of sickos like you is disgusting. Find an idiot to argue with as you try to pull other wrongs into this in order to somehow make what your defending ok. Nothing anyone in any other part of the world does to any animal has jack to do with the way these animals are barbarically tormented and tortured for the viewing pleasure of a bunch of barbarians. These bulls can't speak but somehow I doubt they would agree with you when they are having fire, sticks, spears thrown at them. They are just trying to get away from their tormentors so they can keep breathing.

This is a sick tradition and pointing out that other people are just as disgusting does nothing to make you any less disgusting. In a way it makes you worse.

When did basic humanity and animal cruelty become political?
It isnt a political issue so stop trying to hide behind that to avoid being put on front street for defending this barbaric ritual.

Tell me this is ok.

You sound triggered. It's pretty xenophobic of you to try and press your morals onto the culture of another country. I don't see your indignation about cattle being herded into confined spaces to be abused and killed when you drive your car with leather seats, put on your belt or sit on your couch. Unless you can say unequivocally that you living your life contributes to the suffering of animals, you're being a hypocrite. Americans can eat our Whataburger and wear our leather shoes while knowing about the suffering of animals because of that and sleep well tonight. Spaniards can honor the traditions of the past and the art form of bullfighting, and sleep well knowing that these bulls are treated well up the point they enter the arena and that they aren't letting their traditions die due to society becoming soft.

That being said, I'm done discussing the merits of bullfighting. You can post pictures of bullfights and I could post pictures of the horrors of factory farming, but only one of those practices is in danger of being stopped, the one with hundreds of years of tradition behind it.

superonyx

Reaction score
You sound triggered. It's pretty xenophobic of you to try and press your morals onto the culture of another country. I don't see your indignation about cattle being herded into confined spaces to be abused and killed when you drive your car with leather seats, put on your belt or sit on your couch. Unless you can say unequivocally that you living your life contributes to the suffering of animals, you're being a hypocrite. Americans can eat our Whataburger and wear our leather shoes while knowing about the suffering of animals because of that and sleep well tonight. Spaniards can honor the traditions of the past and the art form of bullfighting, and sleep well knowing that these bulls are treated well up the point they enter the arena and that they aren't letting their traditions die due to society becoming soft.

That being said, I'm done discussing the merits of bullfighting. You can post pictures of bullfights and I could post pictures of the horrors of factory farming, but only one of those practices is in danger of being stopped, the one with hundreds of years of tradition behind it.
Do you not know what xenophobic means?
You have nothing to defend this cruelty so you are trying to accuse me of being against people from Spain because they are from Spain now? Do you even realize that Spaniards are turning against this brutal ritual?
https://www.sbs.com.au/news/spaniards-protest-against-bullfighting

I guess you are xenophobic for being against it.

You again try to divert the conversation to other forms of animal cruelty as a method to defend this form? Really?
How about you deal with the subject on hand? Bullfighting.
What you are doing is like trying to defend a child rapist by pointing to murderer. 2 wrongs have never made a right and your attempt to divert may work on someone else.

Why would bullfighting be in danger of being stopped? hmmm....

btw. Soft is what a nation who prefers to look the other way while injustice and cruelty is being done to the powerless. Its the toughening of people that is pushing bullfighting to the brink of extinction as it should be. Its a lot easier to look the other way. You are not tough, you are soft.

revospeed

Reaction score
Do you not know what xenophobic means?
You have nothing to defend this cruelty so you are trying to accuse me of being against people from Spain because they are from Spain now? Do you even realize that Spaniards are turning against this brutal ritual?
https://www.sbs.com.au/news/spaniards-protest-against-bullfighting

I guess you are xenophobic for being against it.

You again try to divert the conversation to other forms of animal cruelty as a method to defend this form? Really?
How about you deal with the subject on hand? Bullfighting.
What you are doing is like trying to defend a child rapist by pointing to murderer. 2 wrongs have never made a right and your attempt to divert may work on someone else.

Why would bullfighting be in danger of being stopped? hmmm....

btw. Soft is what a nation who prefers to look the other way while injustice and cruelty is being done to the powerless. Its the toughening of people that is pushing bullfighting to the brink of extinction as it should be. Its a lot easier to look the other way. You are not tough, you are soft.

Thank you for your opinion. I can tell you that I went to a bullfight in Cadíz recently and I can tell you that at least in Andalusia, bullfight is not going to be banned anytime soon. And thank goodness that the Andalusian people are not forsaking their heritage for the opinions of foreigners. To me, going to a bullfight is no different than going to Whataburger. There is suffering of bovine (via factory farming) all for the pleasure of humans. The only difference is you don’t see the suffering and there is no cultural significance in factory farming. So until you get offended by a player eating McDonalds, spare the righteous indignation.

But back to the OP, Josh Norman running with the bulls is cool, just glad he didn’t get gored.

Virginia-Dave

Reaction score
I don't know how true this is, but I read that it wasn't a bull he jumped, just a cow w horns. Apparently after running w bulls is over, they bring cows with horns in so all the cool dudes can act tough around them and do stuff like this. I read it on the internet so it must be true.

superonyx

Reaction score
Thank you for your opinion. I can tell you that I went to a bullfight in Cadíz recently and I can tell you that at least in Andalusia, bullfight is not going to be banned anytime soon. And thank goodness that the Andalusian people are not forsaking their heritage for the opinions of foreigners. To me, going to a bullfight is no different than going to Whataburger. There is suffering of bovine (via factory farming) all for the pleasure of humans. The only difference is you don’t see the suffering and there is no cultural significance in factory farming. So until you get offended by a player eating McDonalds, spare the righteous indignation.

But back to the OP, Josh Norman running with the bulls is cool, just glad he didn’t get gored.
Still trying to pretend factory farming is the equivalent to the brutality of bullfighting huh?
Once again let’s deal with the subject on hand..bullfighting. Explain how this isn’t cruel and barbaric. Stop trying to draw false equivalency.

Ive seen the suffering of factory farming. I guess a mob chasing down a human and stabbing them to death, lighting them on fire, throwing bottles and rocks at the man, watching them slowly bleed out without any hope for escape while the creatures that have protected him suddenly turn on him and inflict unbelievable pain over and over again for a long period of time is the same as man who receives a death penalty execution?

Treating any creature this way is absolutely disgusting and only serves to lessen us. I don’t care if this cruelty has gone on for years. The truth is still the truth regardless of the country of origin of the person giving the truth. These imaginary man made borders you want to use to deflect from the truth doesn’t lessen the message or the truth. We have plenty of terrible historic traditions that one could point to in a weak attempt to justify any low down way we chose to be. It doesn’t change the facts.

revospeed

Reaction score
Still trying to pretend factory farming is the equivalent to the brutality of bullfighting huh?
Once again let’s deal with the subject on hand..bullfighting. Explain how this isn’t cruel and barbaric. Stop trying to draw false equivalency.

Ive seen the suffering of factory farming. I guess a mob chasing down a human and stabbing them to death, lighting them on fire, throwing bottles and rocks at the man, watching them slowly bleed out without any hope for escape while the creatures that have protected him suddenly turn on him and inflict unbelievable pain over and over again for a long period of time is the same as man who receives a death penalty execution?

Treating any creature this way is absolutely disgusting and only serves to lessen us. I don’t care if this cruelty has gone on for years. The truth is still the truth regardless of the country of origin of the person giving the truth. These imaginary man made borders you want to use to deflect from the truth doesn’t lessen the message or the truth. We have plenty of terrible historic traditions that one could point to in a weak attempt to justify any low down way we chose to be. It doesn’t change the facts.

We're never going to agree. I believe that animals are lesser beings without generative computation, the complexity of morals and the ability for abstract thought. And you're giving the bull too much credit when talking about its thought process. Stop comparing bulls to humans. Animals are to be used by humans because they are lesser beings, whether that be for food or material. That shouldn't come as a shock to you. I don't see something too wrong with honoring your culture by performing in a bullfight once you gave that bull the best life you could give it up until that point. I grew up around feedlots, and I can tell you that the cattle in feedlots are treated a lot worse for a lot longer than the 15 minutes from first stab to the death of the bull in bullfighting. Sorry.

And Josh Norman wasn't even at a bullfight, so I don't know why you started getting so upset.

superonyx

Reaction score
We're never going to agree. I believe that animals are lesser beings without generative computation, the complexity of morals and the ability for abstract thought. And you're giving the bull too much credit when talking about its thought process. Stop comparing bulls to humans. Animals are to be used by humans because they are lesser beings, whether that be for food or material. That shouldn't come as a shock to you. I don't see something too wrong with honoring your culture by performing in a bullfight once you gave that bull the best life you could give it up until that point. I grew up around feedlots, and I can tell you that the cattle in feedlots are treated a lot worse for a lot longer than the 15 minutes from first stab to the death of the bull in bullfighting. Sorry.

And Josh Norman wasn't even at a bullfight, so I don't know why you started getting so upset.
Wait. We are abusing and torturing an animal for our viewing pleasure and you are telling me the victim is the lesser being?
Let's be honest. The ability to reason, logic, organize and dominate other species gives us responsibility to use the morals we were also given to do the right thing. Bulls, Dogs, Sheep ect do not torture, kill, or take more than what they need to survive. They do not murder each other needlessly. They do not rape their children. They do not slaughter other bulls due to the color of their skin or the god they worship.

I never compared Bulls to Humans until you just did.
Thankfully all humans do not share the callousness that the least of us do.

Having power gives up responsibility. Torturing other species is not suddenly ok because we have the power to do so. In fact it makes it that much sicker.