How would you feel if the Cowboys took QB Jalen Hurts early?

morat1959

Reaction score
Who does that remind you of? Getting stats and points against teams with losing records and going 1-6 with terrible stats against winning teams? Hmmm....One QB with a 4 year cap hit of about 5 million, the other with a 4 year cap hit of about 150 million.
Two peas in a pod. I don’t want either.

vnick

Reaction score
I would be a little miffed if we take him early because I don't think he's an early round pick. 4th round or later, I'm ok. A 3rd, I'm not shouting expletives but I am shaking my head. Anything higher than third, I'm pissed.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I wonder if we could trade all of 2020 picks for some quality picks in 2021 so we could be in position to trade for Trevor pick?

We shouldn’t need our 2020 picks. Assuming of course there’s no season.

BigD5

Reaction score
40-24 and exactly how many playoff wins? Much less a trip to the dance. Neither is a NFL quality QB.
1 playoff win

1-2 playoff record

Let’s at least see what Dak can do with a capable coaching staff.

The guy has had to deal with retread Scott linehan, Jason garrett and a handcuffed kellen moore

Philmonroe

Reaction score
1 playoff win

1-2 playoff record

Let’s at least see what Dak can do with a capable coaching staff.

The guy has had to deal with retread Scott linehan, Jason garrett and a handcuffed kellen moore
This is junk because didn't he also have his best year ever with these same retreads? When is Dak allowed to get blamed for anything without alllllll these excuses?

BigD5

Reaction score
Here is a sampling of some of the losses while Dak has been QB

2016 Giants - Terrance Williams inexplicably doesn't go out of bounds on GW drive, time runs out.

2016 Eagles - season finale. Team didn’t even try to win

2016 Packers - Go down 21-3 in home playoff game, go pass-happy in RZ, lose opportunity at home Super Bowl.

2017 Broncos - Trevor Siemian turns into Dan Marino - 5 tds.

2017 Rams - Up 12 at home, McVay comes out of halftime and toys with Garrett for entire 2nd half. Switzer fielding that punt like an idiot and changing the entire game

2017 Packers - Rodgers slices and dices D in under 1 minute GW td drive.

2017 Falcons - Adrian Clayborn - 6 sacks, nuff said.

2017 Seahawks - Spend previous weeks destroying draft positioning only to lose home playoff-elimination game. Dez has crucial drop and fumble.

2018 - Texans - garrett opted to punt in OT in opponents territory

2018 Commanders - Snap infraction, Maher hits upright on GW field goal.

2018 Titans - could not stop Mariota

2018 Rams - Give up nearly 300 yds rushing, lose to 2ndyear head coach.

2019 Packers - How many TDs to GBs RB??

2019 Patriots - One missed FG, one blocked punt, delay of game on punting unit, illegal shift on punting unit, three miss handled kickoff.

2019 Bills - total team quit

2019 Bears - defense could not stop Trubisky

2019 Eagles - SEVEN drops by Dallas receivers. Including a potential game winning TD drop by Gallup

ondaedg

Reaction score
jason was terrible indeed. But Dak is not a difference maker . he had many chances the last two years. Whenever the running game or the defense struggled , he could not make a difference . He is simply inaccurate. And now he wants to be top paid NFL player. Why can't jerry learn from the winning teams like the `patriots ? no one player holds the team hostage and there is alwasy redundancy . Heck, beliceck let Brady walk. I wish we had a brady .

Hold the team hostage? Lol. Where do you come up with this stuff? :thumbup:

basel90

Reaction score
Most of the pro Dak crew just goes by out of context numbers. They are always hard pressed to mention what games Dak "won" the game by himself in. They will then get disingenuous after you say that but know good and well you don't literally mean he did everything by himself.
very true. there is a group who think Dak is absolutely a top tier QB due to some combination of his empty stats and his first year in 2016. it has become convenient for them to blame all losses on jason garrett , who was awful himself. But a good QB shows up and saves his team every now and then . I dont recall a game where Dak was the reason the boys came back and won , or where he was the main reason for the win.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Ok now whose fault is it Dallas never went to the NFC championship game while Romo was QB?

Cant say Romo. It’s on the rest of the teams shoulders too right?
Hey D5...Yes this is not bowling, golf or tennis, team sport.

Sorry if I missed it, did you review my earlier response and give me your accessment?

basel90

Reaction score
Here is a sampling of some of the losses while Dak has been QB

2016 Giants - Terrance Williams inexplicably doesn't go out of bounds on GW drive, time runs out.

2016 Eagles - season finale. Team didn’t even try to win

2016 Packers - Go down 21-3 in home playoff game, go pass-happy in RZ, lose opportunity at home Super Bowl.

2017 Broncos - Trevor Siemian turns into Dan Marino - 5 tds.

2017 Rams - Up 12 at home, McVay comes out of halftime and toys with Garrett for entire 2nd half. Switzer fielding that punt like an idiot and changing the entire game

2017 Packers - Rodgers slices and dices D in under 1 minute GW td drive.

2017 Falcons - Adrian Clayborn - 6 sacks, nuff said.

2017 Seahawks - Spend previous weeks destroying draft positioning only to lose home playoff-elimination game. Dez has crucial drop and fumble.

2018 - Texans - garrett opted to punt in OT in opponents territory

2018 Commanders - Snap infraction, Maher hits upright on GW field goal.

2018 Titans - could not stop Mariota

2018 Rams - Give up nearly 300 yds rushing, lose to 2ndyear head coach.

2019 Packers - How many TDs to GBs RB??

2019 Patriots - One missed FG, one blocked punt, delay of game on punting unit, illegal shift on punting unit, three miss handled kickoff.

2019 Bills - total team quit

2019 Bears - defense could not stop Trubisky

2019 Eagles - SEVEN drops by Dallas receivers. Including a potential game winning TD drop by Gallup
The above does not mention Dak’s meltdown plays and failure to make plays or leadership against decent opponents . Good QBs make a difference in games . Cannot recall a game where Dak lifted the team or made a comeback . 1-6 last year against decent teams .

Swagger

Reaction score
The above does not mention Dak’s meltdown plays and failure to make plays or leadership against decent opponents . Good QBs make a difference in games . Cannot recall a game where Dak lifted the team or made a comeback . 1-6 last year against decent teams .

Prescott lifted the team in a meaningless dead rubber against the mighty Giants in 2018.