How would you rate overall QB play across the league right now?

InDakEyeBack

Reaction score
I think it's bad, the GOAT retired and Aaron Rodgers is on borrowed time when/if he returns. Mahomes is a beast and the best right now but I think there's a steep drop off after him. Burrow has looked awful this year. Josh Allen can be good but he puts up a stinker about once a month. I think Dak is being made to look better than he is due to bad QB play across the NFL. Someone made a thread saying they think Dak is the best QB in the NFC East and while I'm no longer a fan it's kind of argue when Hurts is only 7 Tds/7 Ints. But Dak is 6 Tds/4 Ints not exactly lighting the world on fire.

Think about it who is the best QBs in the NFC right now? Maybe Purdy but he just had a bad game and is not a QB who will throw for 4 TDs a game typically (although he did against us), just is a bus driver and doesn't make a lot of mistakes.

InDakEyeBack

Reaction score
I think Dak has played mediocre this year, but I see stats like he's 6th in QBR. Not sure if that just shows that QBR is a useless figure or the QBs across the league have just been bad in general.

If you had to pick one QB to win you the Super Bowl that isn't Mahomes who is it right now?

JayFord

Reaction score
Even Mahomes hasnt been typical Mahomes

Now he's elite and he's starting to get that Mahomes magic geared up

Allen? I've said for the past 3 years this dude is Dak Prescott they're the same to me except one is bigger and can run a lil better

Burrow has been almost bottom tier this season my goodness but I'll chalk it up to that injury he'll finish as elite this year just give him time

Idk what Dak is this year, the offense is built the same way it was when rush took over last year....protect the ball don't take too many risk and let the defense win you the games

Daniel Jones is Lamar Jackson with less arm talent

Lamar Jackson is who he is.....he really only needs 175 yards passing and 90 yards rushing and he'll win you the game

Hurts...look this dude ain't elite and wasn't elite last year hes very good but 7tds and 7ints is poor QB play

JayFord

Reaction score
Also forgot...Sam Howell isn't half bad for the commanders

Problem is he'll be on IR because of his offensive line they give up almost 5 sacks a game

InDakEyeBack

Reaction score
The QBs who have the best stats right now are Tua Tagovailoa 1876 yards 14 TDs 5 Ints and Kirk Cousins 1679 yards 14 TDs and 4 Ints. Who had that on their bingo card coming into the season?

Flamma

Reaction score
Keep in mind that Burrow had a calf issue, and supposedly couldn't push off of it. So they say. Obviously he doesn't have that issue anymore as he has been throwing to targets downfield.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Yeah....it definitely feels a bit clunky across the league.

Perhaps with so many offensive coaches changing....it's caused some bumps.

Really thought we were in for some fireworks this year with Burrow, Herbert, Allen, Hurts, Mahomes, etc.

I knew Dak would struggle to even reach mediocrity, so a few things are going as expected still

Flamma

Reaction score
Got to expect QB play is going to drop when all of the hall of fame QBs retired. Even several players that were in the Hall of very good are gone or aging.

Flamma

Reaction score
Yeah....it definitely feels a bit clunky across the league.

Perhaps with so many offensive coaches changing....it's caused some bumps.

Really thought we were in for some fireworks this year with Burrow, Herbert, Allen, Hurts, Mahomes, etc.

I knew Dak would struggle to even reach mediocrity, so a few things are going as expected still
LOL yeah. Just our luck.

InDakEyeBack

Reaction score
I think QBs like Dak and Kirk Cousins are going to be able to cash in on bad QB across the league. The argument is how do you get rid of the 10th best QB (approximately) when you don't know if the next one can even play at all.

This is why I think Dak is heading for an extension and there's no way he's getting cut. Doesn't matter if he loses his first game in the playoffs or even fails to make it.

btgboys41

Reaction score
It’s been very good. Just not all the names expected. Stroud, Goff, Mayfield and Tua are some surprises while Burrow is not at his standard right now. End of season I’m sure the QB top 8-10 will be on point like recent years.

gtb1943

Reaction score
I think its more the case that the usual suspects are not playing well. Plus Brady is gone and Rodgers is injured.
Tua is lighting it up lets see if he can keep it up. Purdy is one of those guys I think will never have the stats but hey AIkman never did either.
Burrows is a puzzle; that injury should not have had the effect it seems to have but we will see as the season goes. Mahoones is not as flashy as he has been but he is still making the plays.
Its still pretty early. I look at it as about game 12 you know whats going on.