Howdy

Oreycsg

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Im a transfer from the official Dallas forum... but since it shut down I had put off making an account here (I have basketball right now to distract me from my football endeavors) I typically do mostly Draft analysis, so if there is someone you want to know more about hit me up, I'll do the HW for you. With that being said... What do you guys think will be the biggest surprise of the off season from here on out?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hey guys,

Im a transfer from the official Dallas forum... but since it shut down I had put off making an account here (I have basketball right now to distract me from my football endeavors) I typically do mostly Draft analysis, so if there is someone you want to know more about hit me up, I'll do the HW for you. With that being said... What do you guys think will be the biggest surprise of the off season from here on out?
Hey, Oreo, glad you made it over. Now Juggy will have to update his list again. He is the Official Archivist of the Refugees from DC.com.

Oreycsg

Reaction score
Hey, Oreo, glad you made it over. Now Juggy will have to update his list again. He is the Official Archivist of the Refugees from DC.com.

Hey Couch! Glad to finally make it over. Ive been having Cowboys withdraws!

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Welcome to the board. My request would be, who are some 1-Tech’s that could be had between rounds 3-5 that might command double teams. Only say this because Vea and Settle likely get ignored by the braintrust.. Thanks in advance..

Oreycsg

Reaction score
Welcome to the board. My request would be, who are some 1-Tech’s that could be had between rounds 3-5 that might command double teams. Only say this because Vea and Settle likely get ignored by the braintrust.. Thanks in advance..

I lot of the biggest 1 tech type of guys you are going to be getting in the 3-5 range wont require double teams, youre most likely getting a project that can eventually pan into a double team machine, or you are getting a guy who will be a mid level 1 tech. basically a stand in until you find your real man. but some DT names in that range that have real potential are Poona Ford Texas, Lowell Lotulelei Utah, And BJ Hill NC State. Poona has a real shot at being someone we bring in. Texas kid, more of a 3 tech, could play 1 tech but not really the size you want for it... kinda fits what we do here

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I lot of the biggest 1 tech type of guys you are going to be getting in the 3-5 range wont require double teams, youre most likely getting a project that can eventually pan into a double team machine, or you are getting a guy who will be a mid level 1 tech. basically a stand in until you find your real man. but some DT names in that range that have real potential are Poona Ford Texas, Lowell Lotulelei Utah, And BJ Hill NC State. Poona has a real shot at being someone we bring in. Texas kid, more of a 3 tech, could play 1 tech but not really the size you want for it... kinda fits what we do here

Yeah maybe BJ Hill, I forgot about him.. Thanks

Oreycsg

Reaction score
Yeah maybe BJ Hill, I forgot about him.. Thanks
Not a problem my good sir. DT is always hard to evaluate just because teams dont value them much at all. Thats why you are getting guys projected to go in the first sometimes slipping all the way to the 5th. Could see that happening with Hurst, maybe he will be there in the 3rd or 4th depending on what news comes out about his heart. Likely he will stay in the 1-2 range, or fall out of the draft completely... but in all honesty if he starts falling I would see Dallas taking a chance on him in the 2nd unless they already drafted Vea. This draft is just reaming with talent.

Xelda

Reaction score
Hello and welcome to our new home, Orey! Lots of good Cowboy fans here and a few other people. Stick around and you are bound to run across them. We try to be polite as good Cowboy fans are well known to be, but the Rowdy comes out every once in a while.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Oh, ksk is gonna love you guys!

kskboys

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Hey, ya old studmuffin!!! Glad you could make the trip!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
Not a problem my good sir. DT is always hard to evaluate just because teams dont value them much at all. Thats why you are getting guys projected to go in the first sometimes slipping all the way to the 5th. Could see that happening with Hurst, maybe he will be there in the 3rd or 4th depending on what news comes out about his heart. Likely he will stay in the 1-2 range, or fall out of the draft completely... but in all honesty if he starts falling I would see Dallas taking a chance on him in the 2nd unless they already drafted Vea. This draft is just reaming with talent.
My midrounder is Kentavius Street. Whatcha think?

kskboys

Reaction score
Oh I forgot about Street! Im a big Street fan. I think he and Poona provide the best combo of potential and value.
I realize that Street's a bid of a tweener, but that's the reason he's not a 2nd/3rd rounder.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Howdy Ware comes out of retirement will be the big surprise