Huge Reason we Won

blumayne38

Reaction score
This was our 1 weakness.

I'm not bagging on Woods or Heath but we need a ball hawk back there to help our corners. Heath gets there in the box but his tackles get shed too often and Woods gets there in the backfield but he doesn't come up with the ball.

I'm all for getting ET in FA.
Heath has been playing badly, in terms of tackling. He started well in the season so I’m thinking he may have some kinda of upper body injury that is holding him back from being 100% I always felt Heath was a solid player. You are right Earl Thomas would have been that guy, but we may be able to find a True free safety with good instincts in the draft.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I don't see the benefit of TOP if you don't score points. We dominated TOP early on and only walked away with 3 points. We won the game in the 2nd half when our offense stepped up.

Reactions: BAT

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
:huh::omg:
TOP.

Not sure why no one is talking about it, but it was a huge reason we won yesterday as well as several other times this year.

Our first drive was like 6 min. SEA 3 n out. Then more TOP.

At the end, the SEA O had a horrific time getting traction and our D was kept fresh.
Actually the real reason we won is we scored 24 points and Seattle scored 22 .. just saying :huh::grin:

DFWJC

Reaction score
TOP is more key for some than others.
Its perfect for our team

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
TOP.

Not sure why no one is talking about it, but it was a huge reason we won yesterday as well as several other times this year.

Our first drive was like 6 min. SEA 3 n out. Then more TOP.

At the end, the SEA O had a horrific time getting traction and our D was kept fresh.
TOP without scoring is meaningless, teams do win TOP some times and fail to win because they fail to score points.

Happy we did both yesterday but at times they struggled.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They were dumb to only have him throw it 25 times thank god.

He had like 200yards and 2TDs on16 completions o_O
A lot of that was in the asinine "prevent defense", but I agree, they were foolish. It's like they just wanted to prove they could run the ball.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
This was our 1 weakness.

I'm not bagging on Woods or Heath but we need a ball hawk back there to help our corners. Heath gets there in the box but his tackles get shed too often and Woods gets there in the backfield but he doesn't come up with the ball.

I'm all for getting ET in FA.
The Seahawks players, specifically Baldwin said that our DL is stout but they knew they would have opportunities in the secondary, they did of course but our DL did show up and their opportunities were not as great as they hoped!

kskboys

Reaction score
I don't see the benefit of TOP if you don't score points. We dominated TOP early on and only walked away with 3 points. We won the game in the 2nd half when our offense stepped up.
The benefit is that it limits their drives and keeps your D fresh.

Yes, we need to get much better at scoring.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Dallas was simply more physical in every phase of the game. In the playoffs, usually the most physically dominant teams win. The Cowboys can play that way now. They couldn’t 5 years ago.

Yes, it was a very physical performance. Reminiscent of when Parcells was here. We didn't have the most talent, but we beat teams up physically.

cern

Reaction score
How many times have we heard when zeke rushes for 100 yards we win x% (insert large number) of the time. Or murray, or emmitt or dorsett.....i could go on. It appears to me there is a correlation between a good running game and winning games.

kskboys

Reaction score
TOP without scoring is meaningless, teams do win TOP some times and fail to win because they fail to score points.

Happy we did both yesterday but at times they struggled.
Of course, that's stating the obvious.

However, TOP allows us to get by being a sub par scoring team.

Sometimes? Of course. You can find a scenario for anything.

We'll need to be a better scoring team if we want a team that can make several deep playoff runs over the next several years.

cern

Reaction score
The other team can't score if its kept off the fielf.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Heath has been playing badly, in terms of tackling. He started well in the season so I’m thinking he may have some kinda of upper body injury that is holding him back from being 100% I always felt Heath was a solid player. You are right Earl Thomas would have been that guy, but we may be able to find a True free safety with good instincts in the draft.

BPA with our 2nd. I like Dak and he's only going to get better. But even if a Will Grier is sitting there in the bottom of the 2nd you grab him and groom him to back up. Dak's tough as it gets but the right shot could change our season with no viable backup.

Then I would say safety, DT and TE. TE I think these 3 guys are going to be even better next year and there will be a hell of a competition at TE in camp. So I'm not so worried about TE because we have 3 viable young guys.

FA is not my favorite thing to do but we have the cap and should get at least 1 star and good, young viable depth at other positions in need of depth/special teams talent.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
How many times have we heard when zeke rushes for 100 yards we win x% (insert large number) of the time. Or murray, or emmitt or dorsett.....i could go on. It appears to me there is a correlation between a good running game and winning games.
If those rushing yards lead to points, absolutely. I imagine there's more to the argument's details than just something that simple though.