Humor: Abuse Case - Dallas County

RyanBounce04

Reaction score
Dallas, TX **(AP) - A seven year old boy was at the center of a Dallas County courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him. The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulation requiring that family unity be maintained to the highest degree reasonably possible.

The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried and said that they also beat him.

After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him.

After two recesses to check legal references and confer with the child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the Dallas Cowboys professional football team, whom the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone.

I received this in an email and wanted to share with everyone. Maybe it will lighten the mood a little.

Ryan

kmp77

Reaction score
RyanBounce04;3673669 said:
Dallas, TX **(AP) - A seven year old boy was at the center of a Dallas County courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him. The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulation requiring that family unity be maintained to the highest degree reasonably possible.

The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried and said that they also beat him.

After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him.

After two recesses to check legal references and confer with the child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the Dallas Cowboys professional football team, whom the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone.

I received this in an email and wanted to share with everyone. Maybe it will lighten the mood a little.

Ryan

Son of a...........................actually got me!

:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
OH...SNAP....!!!!

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Bigdog

Reaction score
This joke has been around for years. Just have to plug in any team that can't win. Still good for a laugh. Thanks.:laugh2:

TexasTornado

Reaction score
I rec'd this from my sister-in-law who is a Stealer fan:

Headline News:Anthrax Alert Retracted

Training at the NFL's Cowboys stadium was delayed nearly two hours this morning, after a player reported finding an unknown white powdery substance on the ground. Initially the NFL team thought it was a prank! Training was immediately suspended, while police and Homeland Security officials were called to investigate. After a complete analysis, Dallas Police forensic experts determined that the white substance, unfamiliar to most of the players, was in fact, the goal line. Practice will resume this afternoon after Police and Homeland Security decided the team was unlikely to encounter the substance again. :lmao2:

cowboyz

Reaction score
The Texas State Police are cracking down on speeders heading into Dallas.

For the first offense, they give you 2 Dallas Cowboy tickets.If you get stopped a second time,they make you use them.

Q. What do you call 47 millionaires around a TV watching the Super Bowl?

A. The Dallas Cowboys

Q. What do the Dallas Cowboys and Dr.Billy Graham have in common?
A. They both can make 70,000 people stand up and yell "***** ******".

Q. How do you keep a Dallas Cowboy out of your yard?

A. Put up a goal post.

Q. What do you call a Dallas Cowboy with a new Super Bowl ring?
A. A thief.

Q. What's the difference between the Dallas Cowboys and a dollar bill?

A. You can still get four quarters out of a dollar bill!

Q. How many Dallas Cowboys does it take to win a Super Bowl?
A. Nobody remembers and we can't seem to find out!

Q. What do the Cowboys and a possums have in common?
A. Both play dead at home and get killed on the road!

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
I don't find child abuse funny......maybe it's just me

FLCowboyFan

Reaction score
5Stars;3674333 said:
Were you abused as a child?

:confused: :(

Yes and so are many kids each year. For people who are/have been abused, it's not a joking matter

rkell87

Reaction score
omg lets make this about something its not, mods might as well close it now

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
FLCowboyFan;3674355 said:
Yes and so are many kids each year. For people who are/have been abused, it's not a joking matter

I understand...

:eek::

And, I hope everything did turn out right for you. It seems like it did from reading most of your posts.

But, again, it's just humor...nothing serious about it.

:)

FLCowboyFan

Reaction score
No problem. I'm a normaly function adult. Humor is something that is relative. Almost every joke is offensive to someone. Kids are my soft spot.

Sorry to kill the thread.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
FLCowboyFan;3674383 said:
No problem. I'm a normaly function adult. Humor is something that is relative. Almost every joke is offensive to someone. Kids are my soft spot.

Sorry to kill the thread.

Oh! So now you want to go from abuse to killing? :eek:

You are messed up!

I'm messed up too...and I blame the Cowboys....idiots!

:laugh2:

BlueStar3398

Reaction score
Hilarious!! :laugh2: We gotta have some laughs at this point! It helps ease the pain.

I wasn't offended by the first one. And my parents used to grab a belt or a switch to keep us in line. It definitely left a mark.

Bigdog

Reaction score
TexasTornado;3674093 said:
I rec'd this from my sister-in-law who is a Stealer fan:

Headline News:Anthrax Alert Retracted

Training at the NFL's Cowboys stadium was delayed nearly two hours this morning, after a player reported finding an unknown white powdery substance on the ground. Initially the NFL team thought it was a prank! Training was immediately suspended, while police and Homeland Security officials were called to investigate. After a complete analysis, Dallas Police forensic experts determined that the white substance, unfamiliar to most of the players, was in fact, the goal line. Practice will resume this afternoon after Police and Homeland Security decided the team was unlikely to encounter the substance again. :lmao2:
This was a good one. Made me laugh which I needed. Thanks:laugh2: