Image: Humor: Jason Garrett's Play Calling Card

CooterBrown

Reaction score
Here's the real screengrab for those folks that haven't seen it
udxJT0M.jpg

I liked Rob Ryan's sheet better. It usually had some kind of entertainment value. He ought to fill up the blank spaces with cheerleader pictures or something. And, I understand wanting to be sure you have all relevant information readily available, but why would the head coach ever need to know the replay assistant's name?

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
I liked Rob Ryan's sheet better. It usually had some kind of entertainment value. He ought to fill up the blank spaces with cheerleader pictures or something. And, I understand wanting to be sure you have all relevant information readily available, but why would the head coach ever need to know the replay assistant's name?

thats what I was trying to figure out. Who cares what the zebra's names are? I guess he wants to know who to send christmas cards to.

CooterBrown

Reaction score
thats what I was trying to figure out. Who cares what the zebra's names are? I guess he wants to know who to send christmas cards to.

Well, I can understand the game officials names, never hurts to suck up to them and call them by name, but I doubt Garrett ever sees the replay assistant or replay official.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Well, I can understand the game officials names, never hurts to suck up to them and call them by name, but I doubt Garrett ever sees the replay assistant or replay official.

Well he must have called them by the wrong name, when they hit him with a delay of game and a 10 second play clock at home on fourth down.

He should just stick with, "Hey Ref!!"

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
haha, I was wondering why the heck the image is upside down till I realized the playcard itself was upside down. I'm hoping the side he's supposedly reading is at least rightside up.

From the way I understand it, the "Have a Plan" is an alert thing. Meaning under 2 minutes, they studied to Eagles tendancies and as he's relaying stuff to the players, he gives them those alerts so they know what to expect. "Have a plan" may be for the players, not for himself - meaning, we know they bring pressure X% of the time under these circumstances, so have a plan for what to do if they do and if they don't, as opposed to just free styling it out there.

I dunno. I'm not a fan of Garrett but I'd like to believe he's not writing encouragement for himself on the card.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
The goal line thing is wrong. It should say Jumbo package (same for any 3rd/4th and less than a yard). Heaven forbid we run from a spread formation.

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
You forgot to clap a lot and look confused on sidelines.
Also for press conference mention stacking good days

khiladi

Reaction score
Many a member of this forum got plenty of wedgies in school growing up. This was hilarious

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Funny pic. Not gut-busting funny, but funny nonetheless.

'Hands Off?' should be crossed out for second down. Jason Garrett has a serious confidence impression of DeMarco Murray. In a season where offensive line play steadily improved each game, it is... bewildering how often Murray was minimized at key moments of a game.

By itself, the Green Bay game was an astonishing indictment for Garrett's lack of faith in his number one running back. I can't wait to see if the franchise acquires or drafts a comparable back to compete with Murray this offseason. That will be more than enough proof of Garrett wanting a replacement in my book.

Wolf2k5

Reaction score
You know nothing wrong with a little humor every once in a while, though I guess some people enjoy being uptight. :cool:

It was just something I thought was humorous and decided to share it ...

You of all people should know the offseason is no place for humor. Now go create 25 threads about how many super bowls we will win if Jerry finds a gm or 30 about how we will go 8-8 for all eternity.