HUMOR: Terrell Owens Tells Cowboys, Fine Me What I'm Worth or Trade Me

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Terrell Owens Tells Cowboys, Fine Me What I'm Worth or Trade Me
By Douglas Salguod
Aug 29, 2006, 11:27
to_2.jpg

IRVING, Texas - Injured Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Terrell Owens has told team management that he wants to be fined what he's worth or traded to a team that appreciates him. Owens' demand came just days after the Cowboys had fined him $9,500 for missing a team meeting and a rehabilitation session and for showing up late to an offense meeting.

"That's chump change," said Owens. "That's what you fine special teams players. That's not what you fine your franchise player."

Owens' ultimatum was delivered on the same day that he was named preseason offensive player of the week by the National Football League (NFL). The troubled but talented wide receiver is the first player in league history to receive player-of-the-week honors without participating in a single play. Owens has been sidelined for most of training camp and preseason with a mysterious hamstring injury.

Newly appointed league commissioner Roger Goodell said Owens exceptional award was a result of his exceptional presence.

to_3.jpg

"T.O. has shown week in and week out, on the field and off, that he can make himself known offensively like no other player, or non-player, in the game. The league needs to recognize that," said Goodell.

"Terrell understands like no other player in the league that making first downs and touchdowns and contributing to team victories counts for something, but the real thing is making the paper and, of course, Sports Center," said Bob Kuzarnich, head of the NFL's awards committee.

Owens was gratified to receive the honor.

"I think it's safe to say that this award is based not just on my work in the last week," said Owens. "There's ten years of tape to show what I can do offensively, and I think the awards committee, unlike [Coach] Parcells, took that into account. The league knows what I'm worth. If Dallas doesn't figure it out soon, I'm gone."

Cowboys head coach, Bill Parcells, in keeping with his policy of not discussing players who don't practice, declined to comment on Owens' demand.

austintodallas

Consider Yourself Sucked
Reaction score
It's gotten so ridiculous around here that you actually almost had me for a second there with the thread title.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
Alexander said:
It worked so well last time.

:banghead:
oh dont worry, this is gonna freak some people out.. and they will post something before reading these comments and feel really dumb when they realize it is a joke..

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I find this whole article, very hard to believe. This sounds like a bunch of crap designed to start a story. I'm no fan of TO but this just sounds way too over the top, even for this player.

onetrickpony

Reaction score
I'm sure there is someone out there dumb enough to believe this. That is what is sad about this whole situation.

It's probably being quoted on Extreme Skins as I type. ;-)

Champsheart

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
I find this whole article, very hard to believe. This sounds like a bunch of crap designed to start a story. I'm no fan of TO but this just sounds way too over the top, even for this player.

You think?

sbuscha

king****
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:

Here is the first one !!!:lmao2:

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
I find it rather sad that Alexander thought he had to add the word humor to the title

AtlCB

Reaction score
Did anyone see the latest bang cartoon making fun of T.O.?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zaxor said:
I find it rather sad that Alexander thought he had to add the word humor to the title

I am pretty sure he did not add Humor to his own title.

onetrickpony

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Nice Stang OTP. Looks like a 65.

You are exactly right.

I bought the car 33 years ago when I was in high school for $500. It was my daily driver on and off for 20 years before I sold it.

Sometimes I do really stupid things...:(