Hutchinson lights up Friday night with long TDs

Doomsday101

Reaction score
BOURBONNAIS, Ill. - Backup quarterback Chad Hutchinson played bombs away in Friday night's practice, connecting with wide receivers Mark Bradley and Eddie Berlin for deep touchdown passes in a three-play sequence.

"I think it's one of my strengths," Hutchinson said of throwing deep, "but when you have the receivers they make you look good. I feel confident with everybody out there that they're going to make me look good."

Starting the final five games last year, Hutchinson completed 92 of 161 passes for 903 yards with 4 touchdowns, 3 interceptions and a 73.6 quarterback rating. The 6-4, 225-pounder returns for his second season with the Bears as Rex Grossman's backup.

"I feel great," Hutchinson said. "I'm here to push Rex and make him as good as possible so he can lead this team and get a bunch of wins this year."
Hutchinson starred under the lights at Ward Field, hitting Bradley in stride deep down the left sideline. Two plays later, Berlin made a tumbling catch down the right sideline.

"He's come up with some huge catches that I didn't think I had a chance to complete and he's gone out and made the play," Hutchinson said of Berlin. "He's done a really good job for us."

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Good for Hutch. He's a good guy... just wasn't the right time for him here.

I think all the woulda coulda shoulda hand-wringers should also brace themselves for Antonio Bryant having a good year this year.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Danny White said:
Good for Hutch. He's a good guy... just wasn't the right time for him here.

I think all the woulda coulda shoulda hand-wringers should also brace themselves for Antonio Bryant having a good year this year.

There was no doubt Hutchinson needed more time and it was not in the cards for him in Dallas. As for Bryant I think he can become a very good player but he has some maturing to do which seems to be a problem he has had for a while.