Hypothetically! but possible

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
How much better would this team be if Randy Gregory some how gets reinstated and plays the whole year?
yes he doesn't have a sack, but everyone who watched him play saw the pass rush ability.
If he somehow gets reinstated and even plays on 3rd downs, what could he do with D Irvin and D Lawrence drawing attention?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How much better would this team be if Randy Gregory some how gets reinstated and plays the whole year?
yes he doesn't have a sack, but everyone who watched him play saw the pass rush ability.
If he somehow gets reinstated and even plays on 3rd downs, what could he do with D Irvin and D Lawrence drawing attention?
He has not played in a long time.

Having said that, he can fall out of bed with no practice and be better than Mayowa.

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
Taco is a 4-3 DE.

DT? Seriously?
He’ll be a day. He’s too slow to be a great end. He ran a 4.9. I don’t want to hear that nonsense excuse they use” he plays fast”. He’s slow. The best way to hide his speed is to make him a dt. I’d give Irvin tine at end too:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He’ll be a day. He’s too slow to be a great end. He ran a 4.9. I don’t want to hear that nonsense excuse they use” he plays fast”. He’s slow. The best way to hide his speed is to make him a dt. I’d give Irvin tine at end too:
40 times dont matter for DE's nearly as much as other positions. His 10 split ( first 10 yards of his 40) is identical to Myles Garrets

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Many very good DE's run a 4.9. If he learns some moves, read the offensive schemes, and plays quicker than a 300 pound OT that runs a 5.5. His 4.9 speed will make him look like Jesse Owens...the Bob Hayes, before Bob Hayes, for those that do not know the name of Jesse Owens.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Randy Gregory is the most physically gifted pass rusher on the team. He will be good if he can pass drug tests.

Since when? College? Cause its damn sure not since he was in the pros.

Hell our one legged linebacker that everyone hates has better stats than Randy.

Jaylon Smith 14 games 1 sack, 47 tackles, 2 forced fumbles, 2 passes defended, 4 hurries

Randy Greg 14 games 1 sack, 15 tackles, 0 forced fumbles, 0 passes defended, 8 hurries

Last edited:

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
Since when? College? Cause its damn sure not since he was in the pros.

Hell our one legged linebacker that everyone hates has better stats than Randy.

Jaylon Smith 14 games 1 sack, 47 tackles, 2 forced fumbles, 2 passes defended, 4 hurries

Randy Greg 14 games 1 sack, 15 tackles, 0 forced fumbles, 0 passes defended, 8 hurries
YOu sounded mentally challenged. Jaylin is a LB.
Also, I said most physically gifted not best.
Which skills help you as a pass rusher? Arm length and size help a lot. You can have length and average speed(Taco has below average)and be a good pass rusher. Good speed alone can make you a great speed rusher.
Randy Gregory ran 4.61 which is the 2nd fastest on the team(tapper runs 4.59) Gregory is 6'5 with long arms.
Those physical tools make him the most talented pass rusher on the team(not the most polished or technically sound).

Also watch him rush. He didn't get sacks(even though they barely played a season so far). He gets pressure.

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
Many very good DE's run a 4.9. If he learns some moves, read the offensive schemes, and plays quicker than a 300 pound OT that runs a 5.5. His 4.9 speed will make him look like Jesse Owens...the Bob Hayes, before Bob Hayes, for those that do not know the name of Jesse Owens.
Yes he can learn to read schemes and learn moves, so can Gregory. Gregory is faster and more athletic though.
TAco also had more playing time in his rookie year than Gregorys had so far.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
YOu sounded mentally challenged.

Mentally challenged is still believing 3 years later that the pothead will suddenly "get" it.

He has not had more than one sack and 7.5 hurries since 2014

Do you need someone to tell you what year this is?

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
Mentally challenged is still believing 3 years later that the pothead will suddenly "get" it.

He has not had more than one sack and 7.5 hurries since 2014

Do you need someone to tell you what year this is?
Gregory was drafted in 2015. He missed most of 2016. He missed the entire 2017.
By the way, Chris cArter was a crack head and turned it around a few years later.
Brett Favre was a alcoholic and turned it around eventually.
That shows it can be done.
You're welcomed