I’d be more than happy with

The Realist

Reaction score
Darnell Savage or Armani Hooker at 58. Not sure why there is no real chatter about them with our 2nd round pick. Both are far better than the unproductive Trysten Hill.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Darnell Savage or Armani Hooker at 58. Not sure why there is no real chatter about them with our 2nd round pick. Both are far better than the unproductive Trysten Hill.
Hooker is my pet cat. Surprised as you are that he has not been connected to the 'Boys. I think Broddus said yesterday that they have no interest in Savage. Did not provide details as to why.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I can live with both those guys but i think Savage goes way early.Safeties who can play in space go earlier than Box safeties.I can also live with Collier,allen and Deebo.

Verdammung

Reaction score
They didn't show any interest in Savage, but it might be irrelevant; lying season take on him is that the NFL likes him enough to make him a first rounder.

kskboys

Reaction score
Hooker is my pet cat. Surprised as you are that he has not been connected to the 'Boys. I think Broddus said yesterday that they have no interest in Savage. Did not provide details as to why.
Prolly height?

Carson

Reaction score
Savage is borderline first early second. You won’t get him at 58

Hooker seems to be an exact fit for what they are looking for in a safety

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
Savage is my guy, but we never showed interest and he looks to be out of our range anyway.

I'm on board with Hooker. He'd be a great fit at SS.

He doesn't look as athletic on film as his combine #'s indicate, but he's instinctive and has a nose for the ball. Has the traits Stephen/Garrett said they're looking for out of a safety.

Would be a great pick at 90, or in a trade down from 58.

Gaede

Reaction score
Me too.

But I'm resigned to the fact that they have skipped over all of the Iowa guys in the past

Mr_437

Reaction score
A safety will probably be there at 90...strange things happen in drafts.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
A safety will probably be there at 90...strange things happen in drafts.

Yes, there will be a Pat Watkins who everyone swears is a second-rounder that doesn't go until the fifth. Then, everyone will be excited that we got a steal before we get to see exactly why the player lasted until the fifth.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
Yes, there will be a Pat Watkins who everyone swears is a second-rounder that doesn't go until the fifth. Then, everyone will be excited that we got a steal before we get to see exactly why the player lasted until the fifth.
Or there will be a Xavier Woods, who everyone has a mid-round pick and doesn't go until the 6th.

kskboys

Reaction score
That's because most teams understand the terms "lateral agility" and "straightline athlete" and we do not.

Watkins was a wasted pick. Dude had 2 X 4's for hips.