I’m bummed

sweetness0986

Reaction score
For so many reasons.

This was a statement game - one that would have elevated the boys had they won. There are a lot of whispers and doubts about this team and it would have proven a lot if they went into Gillette and pulled this off. The stage was set - NE was hurting on offense and vulnerable. All we had to do was step up, be smart and be sharp.

Insert coaching. The little things that even Troy was calling out. Why is Pollard lining up to return the kick in the end zone when the kicks haven’t come close? Why are we losing 20 yards of field position trying to kick a freaking punt? Why aren’t our players coached to try and punch the ball out or have our dbs turn their heads to locate the ball? Zero turnovers in wet and slippery conditions is embarrassing. We are 6-5 with the #1 offense in the league. This team truly has the talent to go the distance but it’s wasting away with continuous poor coaching.

Finally - that tripping penalty took any remaining fun out of the end of that game. The anticipation of seeing if Dak could pull it off even if the odds weren’t in his favor was completely killed. I almost spent good money to go to this game and to be honest I would have been so pissed sitting in the cold rain for 4 hours for that to be the end. What a rip off for the fans who spend their hard earned money on this league. Every year the officiating is under scrutiny and it seems every year it gets worse.

Let’s be real, the bogus calls weren’t the reason the game was lost. But it feels like the final twist of the knife. It’s hard to be a fan of this team.

Noclaf

Reaction score
This team is trash, its a 8-8 trash team, it has been all year, we all bought into the hype, they suck thats all there is to it they just suck

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Pretty sure I read here that the Saints win was a "statement game" last season, yet it didn't mean a thing in the end.

This one won't, either. It's just another moral victory in another underachieving season.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
I told you guys, Dallas will do what Dallas will do.

They dont care about winning.

NorTex

Reaction score
I enjoyed the game. I don't like the result but it's clear that the Cowboys are very close to being one of the best teams in the league. Get in the tournament and let's see what happens.

Reactions: CWR

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I enjoyed the game. I don't like the result but it's clear that the Cowboys are very close to being one of the best teams in the league. Get in the tournament and let's see what happens.

Tad bit of blind homerism? This team is only 6-5 because the 6 wins came against teams with god-awful defenses, and an Iggles team that fumbled a game away. There's zero chance Dallas would get to play against a defense that bad come playoff time. You saw Dak today against a great defense, right?

CWR

Reaction score

They are close but close doesn't count. We cant get over the hump with Garrett, Marinelli and co.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
We are what we are. We saw a HOF coach going head to head versus a scared high school coach. The only shocking thing about the game was that we had a chance at the end.

Noclaf

Reaction score
THEY are 6-5, they are closer to being one of the worst. They have not beat anyone and I mean anyone!!!!

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Be honest to yourself - the game was only close because of the bad weather. NE smokes this crappy team otherwise, bad calls or not.

I think the opposite. As short handed as the Patriots were on offense they benefited from the conditions and probably couldn't have put up enough points otherwise.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am still so VERY HAPPY I was able to dump my PSL's and season ticket rights for break even price in 2016.
I have not regretted it one second.

As now they are probably worthless. So I am not bummed over that.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
For so many reasons.

This was a statement game - one that would have elevated the boys had they won. There are a lot of whispers and doubts about this team and it would have proven a lot if they went into Gillette and pulled this off. The stage was set - NE was hurting on offense and vulnerable. All we had to do was step up, be smart and be sharp.

Insert coaching. The little things that even Troy was calling out. Why is Pollard lining up to return the kick in the end zone when the kicks haven’t come close? Why are we losing 20 yards of field position trying to kick a freaking punt? Why aren’t our players coached to try and punch the ball out or have our dbs turn their heads to locate the ball? Zero turnovers in wet and slippery conditions is embarrassing. We are 6-5 with the #1 offense in the league. This team truly has the talent to go the distance but it’s wasting away with continuous poor coaching.

Finally - that tripping penalty took any remaining fun out of the end of that game. The anticipation of seeing if Dak could pull it off even if the odds weren’t in his favor was completely killed. I almost spent good money to go to this game and to be honest I would have been so pissed sitting in the cold rain for 4 hours for that to be the end. What a rip off for the fans who spend their hard earned money on this league. Every year the officiating is under scrutiny and it seems every year it gets worse.

Let’s be real, the bogus calls weren’t the reason the game was lost. But it feels like the final twist of the knife. It’s hard to be a fan of this team.
A friend of mine (a CZ member) went to this game and said it was a terrible experience. Said he couldn't even see the game, because the rain was pelting his eyes so hard.

Silverstar

Reaction score
It was a close game and I think the Cowboys would have won playing at home.
Not scared of them at all that's for sure and would rather play them again then the Ravens etc.