I’m bummed

ryanbabs

Reaction score
For so many reasons.

This was a statement game - one that would have elevated the boys had they won. There are a lot of whispers and doubts about this team and it would have proven a lot if they went into Gillette and pulled this off. The stage was set - NE was hurting on offense and vulnerable. All we had to do was step up, be smart and be sharp.

Insert coaching. The little things that even Troy was calling out. Why is Pollard lining up to return the kick in the end zone when the kicks haven’t come close? Why are we losing 20 yards of field position trying to kick a freaking punt? Why aren’t our players coached to try and punch the ball out or have our dbs turn their heads to locate the ball? Zero turnovers in wet and slippery conditions is embarrassing. We are 6-5 with the #1 offense in the league. This team truly has the talent to go the distance but it’s wasting away with continuous poor coaching.

Finally - that tripping penalty took any remaining fun out of the end of that game. The anticipation of seeing if Dak could pull it off even if the odds weren’t in his favor was completely killed. I almost spent good money to go to this game and to be honest I would have been so pissed sitting in the cold rain for 4 hours for that to be the end. What a rip off for the fans who spend their hard earned money on this league. Every year the officiating is under scrutiny and it seems every year it gets worse.

Let’s be real, the bogus calls weren’t the reason the game was lost. But it feels like the final twist of the knife. It’s hard to be a fan of this team.
You have my vote for post of the night. Well said, and I feel exactly the same. :thumbup:

JBS

Reaction score
I think the opposite. As short handed as the Patriots were on offense they benefited from the conditions and probably couldn't have put up enough points otherwise.

weather had less to do w our offensive output than the opponent we were playing ..bb locking up this offense in any climate

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Be honest to yourself - the game was only close because of the bad weather. NE smokes this crappy team otherwise, bad calls or not.
Sure about this? This team isn't crappy. The things that seperates us from the Saints, Vikings, Packers, Patriots, is the coaching. We can play with any good team in the league. It requires competent Xs and Os guys on the sideline. Hell they should have been let go after losing to the Jets.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I froze in the stands today but no worries......flying out to Cayman in the morning to thaw. I was over the game before we got to the hotel. It was stupid of me to think that Dallas would win but they got me again, Garrett will never win a few in a row to get to the dance.

Apathy sucks but these guys have worn me down :thumbdown:

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I enjoyed the game. I don't like the result but it's clear that the Cowboys are very close to being one of the best teams in the league. Get in the tournament and let's see what happens.

NE is not a great team right now. Their record doesnt reflect who they are.

A good team would have won that game a contender would have beaten them to death.

Noclaf

Reaction score
Sure about this? This team isn't crappy. The things that seperates us from the Saints, Vikings, Packers, Patriots, is the coaching. We can play with any good team in the league. It requires competent Xs and Os guys on the sideline. Hell they should have been let go after losing to the Jets.
Nope this team is crappy with a capital CRAP! 6-5 ON ITS WAY YO 7-9

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Finally - that tripping penalty took any remaining fun out of the end of that game. The anticipation of seeing if Dak could pull it off even if the odds weren’t in his favor was completely killed.
Let’s be real, the bogus calls weren’t the reason the game was lost. But it feels like the final twist of the knife. It’s hard to be a fan of this team.

I don't know what's up with the league, but officiating has been awful for years. Whether it's random or fixed, it's not a sport if the refs are routinely determining games with bogus calls.