CFZ I’m Not Ready To Freak Out

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Not gonna freak out based on last night .....Dallas problem is in the post season and i feel this defense and an offense that is healthier will hopefully go deeper than just one and done. Never really cared about HFA, this team has none. Even with all that went wrong, a QB2 and a defense not at its best, philthy could have been beaten last night. No super teams.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
The rest of the schedule is not that bad. Just expect a rinse and repeat of last season. They get into the playoffs as a wildcard and Dak plays like crap and they have an early exit.

Funny how you leave out the defense. They were pretty bad against SF as well. In any of our playoff losses, defense was a major cause. But yes, its always just Dak...

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Eagles ARE a very good team, playing their “Super Bowl” at home against a team with a QB2 on borrowed time, and they STILL only won by 9. As unsatisfied as we all were with the Cowboy offense, they still had more total yards than Philly.

What killed us? Three INT’s by Rush, that HORRIBLE spot on the Cee Dee catch, and 10 penalties (one or two that were speculative BS). Take those away, and it’s a totally different game.

I suspect Quinn will have a remedy for their RPO shenanigans for game #2, and our future opponents include Chicago, Detroit, Houston, Tennessee, Jacksonville, Indy, Washington, etc., plus Green Bay just ain’t Green Bay this year. Minnesota is beatable too. Philly did it in game one.

I simply think it’s way too early to commence with the handwringing. I just hope that KM doesn’t revert back to the pass happy trickery. We need balance.

Enjoy the ride!
Yep. We’ve played 35% of the season so far. Panicking or acting like what happened last night is some kind of a disaster is crazy to me. How many of us on Sept 11 after that terrible loss to Tampa would have taken a 4-2 start?

Starstruck22

Reaction score
The Eagles ARE a very good team, playing their “Super Bowl” at home against a team with a QB2 on borrowed time, and they STILL only won by 9. As unsatisfied as we all were with the Cowboy offense, they still had more total yards than Philly.

What killed us? Three INT’s by Rush, that HORRIBLE spot on the Cee Dee catch, and 10 penalties (one or two that were speculative BS). Take those away, and it’s a totally different game.

I suspect Quinn will have a remedy for their RPO shenanigans for game #2, and our future opponents include Chicago, Detroit, Houston, Tennessee, Jacksonville, Indy, Washington, etc., plus Green Bay just ain’t Green Bay this year. Minnesota is beatable too. Philly did it in game one.

I simply think it’s way too early to commence with the handwringing. I just hope that KM doesn’t revert back to the pass happy trickery. We need balance.

Enjoy the ride!
Get ready to freak out. LVE will not leave and Dak is coming back. Freak out!!!!!!

plymkr

Reaction score
Out played as well, lets not just leave that part out.
We got outplayed and outcoached. It happens. They just whopped us. They were the better team last night. At the end if the day it's just one game out of 17. We'll play them again. Everything that is being said about the Eagles now was being said about us a year ago. We peaked in October and then struggled in November and December. I feel the Eagles will follow the same pattern. They're peaking now. Let them have their October Super Bowl and we adjust, get healthy, and execute moving forward. We'll be good. Our players are mad and that's a good thing.

Toro9

Reaction score

Enjoy the ride!
Logical and insane.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The 3 int's were ONLY a part of the sum total of what lost this game.
really now its team loss so where that with dak?? lmao its never that no one says that from the 49%ers who are clearly dak haters who cant see 14 penalties, drop passes, missed fgs, missed xps, bad defense etc etc for us losing last year down the stretch Dak was like 5th on the list of top 5 reason we lost those games with the exception of the Denver game, even the Denver game no defense to speak of...

clearly though final INT LOST THE GAME thats on Rush, Period end of story we lost because Rush is nt start had many passes batted down, topped or fell short because his arm strength, cant get it done in tighter coverages , they allow the dbs to break on the ball..FACTS Daks better, daks a starter, rush is a backup.

RUSH was ONLY a SMALL part of the sum total of what WON these last 4 games.
How about that turn of your words??

BTW last week we could of won with NO QB played Wildcat with Zeke, Pollard, and Noah Brown.. clearly dak also wins those 4 games in the exact game played out....

blueblood70

Reaction score
I don't even know if he adjusted. It coincided with Lane Johnson going out for the concussion.
Hes adjusted in just about every game thtis year, hes very good halftime coach, evaluates and makes changes.that why i know it wasn't one Player that went out changed the entire game. we were playing with Backup QB on the road, rookie lT, weak LG, want excuses? And?

also facts Philly first half team, team have adjusted to their first half gameplans and the eagles are not very good in the 2nd half..ther best qtr is #2 they are below average everywhere else and been lucky to this point with late gifts. dak wins this game IMHO..

infamousstyles

Reaction score
The formula on how we actually win a playoff game is out now. Whether we follow it or not will determine if this is a repeat of the last early exits.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Out played as well, lets not just leave that part out.

Only for one half. If it wasn't for their one drive, Philly did nothing in the second half and we outplayed them. I don't care what many think but if Dak played that game healthy, we would have had a WIN!!!. Come Christmas we are going to really give it to them.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
I really don't understand the people concerned.

Philly played a near perfect game at home against QB2 who threw 3 INT's and still might have lost if the refs had spotted the ball correctly.

Personally, I'm walking away from that game thinking Dallas has a chance for a legit playoff run. If Dak just plays OK and Moore doesn't do stupid stuff, the Cowboys are going to be tough.

From my perspective, Dallas is going to run the table in the division (barring major injuries). If Philly drops a single game in division to someone else, Dallas will have the tiebreaker.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Dallas got outcoached this last game.

Agreed. I think DQ is a great coach and light years ahead of where we were in terms of talent evaluation, acquisition & scheme. That being said, I struggle to understand why they seemed to have no clue how Philly might attack them. :huh:

They did better in the second half so that's a positive but it still leaves me confused how the first half was so bad.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
really now its team loss so where that with dak?? lmao its never that no one says that from the 49%ers who are clearly dak haters who cant see 14 penalties, drop passes, missed fgs, missed xps, bad defense etc etc for us losing last year down the stretch Dak was like 5th on the list of top 5 reason we lost those games with the exception of the Denver game, even the Denver game no defense to speak of...

clearly though final INT LOST THE GAME thats on Rush, Period end of story we lost because Rush is nt start had many passes batted down, topped or fell short because his arm strength, cant get it done in tighter coverages , they allow the dbs to break on the ball..FACTS Daks better, daks a starter, rush is a backup.

RUSH was ONLY a SMALL part of the sum total of what WON these last 4 games.
How about that turn of your words??

BTW last week we could of won with NO QB played Wildcat with Zeke, Pollard, and Noah Brown.. clearly dak also wins those 4 games in the exact game played out....
I was making light that Rush was a part of the loss but by no means the only part for the loss. And you say that last pass was all on Rush partly so not entirely so. How about a lineman blocking his man? That too played a role into that pass falling short of CeeDee. I like Dak and you like Dak so why the anger? Penalties played a role as well as not stopping the run in key moments. The offense not scoring enough points obviously played a role. No my friend there are plenty of blame to go around and not just on Rush. Cooper Rush is a backup and has been a bus driver and a very good one. Now time to bring in our starter and begin again.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Enjoy the ride!
We have to play them again, in our house. And I just wish it was tomorrow.

stuckindc

Reaction score
I'm not wired to freak out.. The issues with this team are correctable.. The solution to the Eagles offense is assignments.. Know them and execute them and there's no more of this nonsense of having Parsons have to pick the QB or the receiver to cover. Send someone to handle them both. The run defense same thing.. Guys are getting out of their gaps and the other teams are exploiting. Stay in your gaps and there is no cutback lane. Quit trying to play hero ball.. Assignments.. On offense it's a little more complicated.. The solutions are there.. but will the OC implement them. Stay balanced throughout the game.. continue to run it as long as the score doesn't get away from you.. which, with this defense, it won't if you're not throwing picks.. Pick your spots to take a shot downfield.. Force the defense to always be cognizant of the run and there will always be throwing lanes behind the linebackers in front of the safeties. And for the love of all that is holy.. please stop leaving the backside DE unblocked when we run the delay draw up the middle. It's great that Zeke and Pollard usually squeeze out a yard or two anyway, but they could get so much more if they weren't having to drag an extra 270 pounds on their backs.
Great post. And I would bet that’s why Quinn was so pissed, we did not stay disciplined in our assignments. As more tape comes out on the eagles offense, more DC’s will be prepared. Then we’ll see what Hurts can do. I keep saying and I will continue to say it. Let the Eagles peak now as it will be awesome to watch their fall. And hopefully we get to take them out in December and again in the playoffs. Nothing would rock their fan base more then losing to us in the playoffs. No loss is ever good but at the very least this should get our attention, add a super sized chip on our shoulder and get us laser focused for the rest of the way. Need to handle our business, get to the bye healthy and come out of the break looking to destroy everything in our path.
Keep the faith. The season is just getting started.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Great post. And I would bet that’s why Quinn was so pissed, we did not stay disciplined in our assignments. As more tape comes out on the eagles offense, more DC’s will be prepared. Then we’ll see what Hurts can do. I keep saying and I will continue to say it. Let the Eagles peak now as it will be awesome to watch their fall. And hopefully we get to take them out in December and again in the playoffs. Nothing would rock their fan base more then losing to us in the playoffs. No loss is ever good but at the very least this should get our attention, add a super sized chip on our shoulder and get us laser focused for the rest of the way. Need to handle our business, get to the bye healthy and come out of the break looking to destroy everything in our path.
Keep the faith. The season is just getting started.

I do think that one of the advantages the Eagles will have is that only a few teams in the league run this style of offense. So you just don't see it that often. That makes it that much more difficult to prepare for.. Still having now seen it three times the Cowboys should be much better equipped to deal with it in December. My worry though is that since we probably won't see anything like it in the interim, all the lessons from this last game will be forgotten. Watching this game it was easy to imagine our offense hanging 40 on that defense (again) with Dak at the helm. There were throws there to be made.. running lanes for the QB that presented and do on. No Dak is not perfect or immune to bad throws or a bad game.. but against Philly.. he has pretty much always been money. His two games last year went over 530 yards 8 TDs and no INTs while completing almost 80% of his passes. My guess is the Eagles know what we know.. they caught a break not having to face Dak last Sunday. Yes their offense is good as is going to move the ball and score some.. But with Dak under center the Cowboys offense is simply better.

ESisback

Reaction score
We have to play them again, in our house. And I just wish it was tomorrow.

Yeah, while everything’s fresh! IMHO, the only thing that might stop us from DESTROYING those turds in game #2 is injuries. Quinn will no doubt make plans, and I imagine video of Philly’s ranting HC will be utilized.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m Not Ready To Freak Out
No reason to freak out or overreact to the Eagles game. The Cowboys likely win their next 2 games. So they come out of the bye week at 6-2. Considering the way we all felt after the Tampa Bay game, that is pretty amazing. Many teams in this league wish they were in a position like that.

glimmerman

Reaction score

Enjoy the ride!
Me either. If we do a few things different we could have won. 3 picks and missed a easy challenge. Change that and we are in it. No need to change the formula. Elliot was hot and needed another 5 carries.