I agree with Pacman suspension but we should keep him

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
MODS: Can you change the title to 'we should keep him'

I understand the no-tolerance policy proposed by Goodell and thus agree with the suspension. That being said, I don't think this last incident was typical of Adamn Jones. The police didn't charge Adam Jones and if anyone knows anything about the Dallas police department, they know they are very aggressive in prosecuting Dallas players and not giving them the benefit of the doubt. The Philadelphia police kept the Marvin Harrison case open; the fact that the Dallas police didn't even leave the case open for future investigation means something. I really think Adam Jones is trying to better himself and he had a slip but not typical of what you would expect. I do think we need to stick by him and give him a chance. If we give up on him, the guy is going to ruin his life even further. I don't think his latest offense is worthy of kicking him off the team. l hope Jerry doesn't listen to the media and considers this young man's life.

Lastly, I think something needs to be said for how he plays on the field. He is not lazy and plays hard on every play. You might take that for granted but I was at the Arizona game and I saw how hard he played despite being outsized by Fitzgerald.

Woods

Reaction score
mr.jameswoods;2339670 said:

I understand the no-tolerance policy proposed by Goodell and thus agree with the suspension. That being said, I don't think this last incident was typical of Adamn Jones. The police didn't charge Adam Jones and if anyone knows anything about the Dallas police department, they know they are very aggressive in prosecuting Dallas players and not giving them the benefit of the doubt. The Philadelphia police kept the Marvin Harrison case open; the fact that the Dallas police didn't even leave the case open for future investigation means something. I really think Adam Jones is trying to better himself and he had a slip but not typical of what you would expect. I do think we need to stick by him and give him a chance. If we give up on him, the guy is going to ruin his life even further. I don't think his latest offense is worthy of kicking him off the team. l hope Jerry doesn't listen to the media and considers this young man's life.

Lastly, I think something needs to be said for how he plays on the field. He is not lazy and plays hard on every play. You might take that for granted but I was at the Arizona game and I saw how hard he played despite being outsized by Fitzgerald.

you mean we "should" keep him, correct?

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
yes we still get a pick back from tennessee,

i understand what your saying about adam jones and possibly keeping him

jerry jones did leave the door open, but its all on adam jones now

reports were that adam jones was going out every night drinking etc, i dont know how true that is, but i dont think alot of people would lie

adam jones has a drinking problem, and he has to address that

thats what jerry jones said, there are steps in place for him to do that, but no more security for him, its all on him now and have to wait and see what the commissioner does

jerry jones said if he does clear the suspension and does what he is suppose to do, then jerry would have to see where the cowboys are in secondary etc and go from there

i do believe sometimes people have to hit rock bottom, i dont think adam jones has never hit rock bottom yet, its a shame that has to happen sometimes, but sometimes people need a rude awakening to wake up

i believe in forgiveness, but at some point you have to say enough is enough, and the person has to be really honest with himsellf and others,

i think that has to take place with adam jones first before anything else

is like nate newton said the other day, adam jones has nothing really inside to take the place of his empty life inside, spirtually or whatever you want to say, that he has to find something to fill that emptyiness inside so he sees that he doesnt have to go out partying and be with the crowd and show off

and he has to stay away from bad people influences, there were reports that he was with a female, if you remember one of the females he was with previously was killed in new york not to long ago, in a violent crime

so you cant hang around those people, i think adam jones hasnt come to grips with that, hanging around with the wrong people and he has to face his empytiness inside by either filling it with a hobbie, or religion, or something to keep himself busy when he isnt resting or playing football,

just my opinion,

mperfection

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2339803 said:
yes we still get a pick back from tennessee,

i understand what your saying about adam jones and possibly keeping him

jerry jones did leave the door open, but its all on adam jones now

reports were that adam jones was going out every night drinking etc, i dont know how true that is, but i dont think alot of people would lie

adam jones has a drinking problem, and he has to address that

thats what jerry jones said, there are steps in place for him to do that, but no more security for him, its all on him now and have to wait and see what the commissioner does

jerry jones said if he does clear the suspension and does what he is suppose to do, then jerry would have to see where the cowboys are in secondary etc and go from there

i do believe sometimes people have to hit rock bottom, i dont think adam jones has never hit rock bottom yet, its a shame that has to happen sometimes, but sometimes people need a rude awakening to wake up

i believe in forgiveness, but at some point you have to say enough is enough, and the person has to be really honest with himsellf and others,

i think that has to take place with adam jones first before anything else

is like nate newton said the other day, adam jones has nothing really inside to take the place of his empty life inside, spirtually or whatever you want to say, that he has to find something to fill that emptyiness inside so he sees that he doesnt have to go out partying and be with the crowd and show off

and he has to stay away from bad people influences, there were reports that he was with a female, if you remember one of the females he was with previously was killed in new york not to long ago, in a violent crime

so you cant hang around those people, i think adam jones hasnt come to grips with that, hanging around with the wrong people and he has to face his empytiness inside by either filling it with a hobbie, or religion, or something to keep himself busy when he isnt resting or playing football,

just my opinion,

And a very good opinion at that.:bow:

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
We don't need to pretend to be morally righteous.

Its a business do whats best for the team.

The bottom line is you minimize risk of CB injury damaging the team if you keep him. You also have a player there who can return punts and play another body on special teams if his CB career doesn't work out.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
i juss dont think this guy will learn. if he comes back from suspension, i say juss cut the guy. man he can be real good on the field, but hes a magnet to problems.

i trully believe his career is close to over. i mean if we cut him, later on wut team is gonna wanna sign him? really? he'll probably end up playing in sum arena league or canada or europe idk.

nflandbooze

Reaction score
Let him see if he can come back this season, but no matter what, move on from him this off season. The guy has had 127 chances in his NFL career, and he keeps having "misunderstandings" that are all everyone else's fault.

I wish him the best, but after this season, I wish him the best somewhere else.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Im not a big Pacman fan. I dont really even want him.

But I think Goodell did go a little to hard on him considering the facts that the fans have.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
mr.jameswoods;2339670 said:

Yeah, i think we should keep him. I think he is really, really, really sorry this last, final, zero-tolerance, absolute lastest time with no second chances.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
If he manages to stay out of trouble and does all the things he has to do to get back after the 4 games then I imagine that he'll be brought back. I think the fact that Jerry is saying 'if' and such, and it appears he's not sure about him, is that he's not sure that Adam Jones is going to actually do what he's supposed to and to stay out of trouble like he's supposed to so he probably doesn't believe that it's even going to matter if Jerry wants to keep him or not cause he'll likely be suspended for longer by the time the 4 games are up because he'll likely screw up again.

He's only been reinstated for 6 weeks and he's already screwed up so it's not out of the realm of possibility to believe that he'll screw up again within the next month when he can't be at the facility, can't be with the team, and doesn't have the Jerry Jones Security team there to keep him out of more trouble.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Did ya see jerry talking about him?

The dude is toast and rightfully so.

He should have never been allowed back in the league, he should never have been allowed anywhere near this locker room and he deserves to be thrown out.

Its not really up for debate. He has to go.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
theebs;2341174 said:
Did ya see jerry talking about him?

The dude is toast and rightfully so.

He should have never been allowed back in the league, he should never have been allowed anywhere near this locker room and he deserves to be thrown out.

Its not really up for debate. He has to go.

I saw him talk about it, a couple of different times, and listened to him talk about it in another interview and in none of those instances did he seem overly confident that Jones would ever get back or would do what he's supposed to in order to get back.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Pacman...and he Is PACMAN again...Is on his own now. He has no more security to babysit him. He has to get his stuff together and keep himself out of trouble and he has to stay in shape and ready to play. It's all on him because if he can't make it with the Cowboys...a team that loves troubled players...then he can't make it anywhere.

If he does what he needs to then we have a choice to make. If our rookies are playing lights out and Newman is back to full strength then Pacman may have played his last game in the NFL...if our secondary is struggling and Pacman is cleared and in shape then bring him back. His career is hanging by a very frayed thread.