I almost like it better this way

slotshot

Reaction score
Really.

I have hated the way that the media (and fandom) have not been able to cast a positive light on the Cowboys' season thus far.

Basically, we have not been allowed to enjoy any portion of the victories thus far because this team is supposed to be able to beat any team ever assembled (except for a team of Chuck Norris clones...that would be a terrible matchup problem).

Perhaps with all of these injuries we can revel in a victory due to now-lowered expectations. It seems we have been slightly down for our victories and near-suicidal for our losses.

That just isn't fun, and why else do we watch football?

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
something that may be a positive coming out of all of this is that our defense will no longer be able to play a bend but dont break defense because we will not be scoring as much so hopefully we will a much more aggressive defense throught the entire game and not just in certain moments because any points we give up will make it tough. so if we play more aggressive and improve our defense then if this happens then Romo getting huirt its the best thing that could have happened to us...

sweetness0986

Reaction score
I hear ya kinda. Part (ok most) of me is shocked, horrified, and distraught over all the news today. The other part of me is slightly relieved because all expectations have shot out the window. If we win next week I will be ecstatic, no matter how ugly. Am I glad it happened though? No.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Lets say Romo missed 3 game and we lose all 3 or win 2 of 3.

Record 5-4 or 4-5.

THEN we will see if this team can downright mean and nasty and START TAKING from other team instead of thinking they are gonna be GIVEN anything.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
slotshot;2335547 said:
Really.

I have hated the way that the media (and fandom) have not been able to cast a positive light on the Cowboys' season thus far.

Basically, we have not been allowed to enjoy any portion of the victories thus far because this team is supposed to be able to beat any team ever assembled (except for a team of Chuck Norris clones...that would be a terrible matchup problem).

Perhaps with all of these injuries we can revel in a victory due to now-lowered expectations. It seems we have been slightly down for our victories and near-suicidal for our losses.

Amen.

Now maybe people will realize that it's hard to win games in the NFL no matter what kind of attention or how many accolades you get in the offseason.

And I really do buy that this is a shock to the team and they'll rally around each other. I just hope they have enough talent left with Felix, Spencer, and McBriar out.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I really don't see how watching Johnson start, having Felix out 2-4 weeks, Newman out, and McBriar out is a recipe for something to be happy about, in any form or fashion.

We're staring at the very real possibility of being no better than 5-4 going into our bye week and that is not something to be thrilled with.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
Some positives are that some of the pressure on this team is relieved. If we manage to win 2 (or more) of the 3 games we are in fine shape with alot of players coming back from injury. Romo could be back sooner than media reports.

Boysboy

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2335622 said:
I really don't see how watching Johnson start, having Felix out 2-4 weeks, Newman out, and McBriar out is a recipe for something to be happy about, in any form or fashion.

We're staring at the very real possibility of being no better than 5-4 going into our bye week and that is not something to be thrilled with.

We're not going to win at The Meadowlands on 11/2-and that's fine with me b/c we have another shot at them at TX Stadium in Dec. However-if at the very least, we can beat the lowly Rams this week, I'll be happy, and we have the Bucs at home.

lewpac

Benched
Reaction score
The only loss is Felix Jones..........
Newman is part of the chronic secondary problem that includes Roy Williams the last 5 years. He's way over-rated and can't cover mediocre receivers.
If they did a "highlight" film on Romo since he's been the starter, it would be an "America's Funniest Home Video" segment. Because so far, he's known more for his blunders, unforced fumbles, erratic play and single-handed losses than anything good. The only rush he sees are those coming right at his face. Anything coming from the side or rear is an adventure in "turnover world", usually in our own endzone. Even WHEN he see's the rush, he does his usual "corkscrew" manuever, half way to the turf, twisting in the wind, and holding the ball with one hand extended from his body. Half the time the ball just squirts out with no help from a defender.
Me. "Vunder-child" OC is a bust. All of two years QB coach in Miami apparently can't call an inventive offensive scheme...........
Wade Phillips (or should we call him "BUM") hasn't won a playoff game ever. That record will remain as the head coach in Dallas. I advocated for Ron Rivera (Bears DC) two years ago, and I was right. Why can't Dallas have a head coach who was born AFTER 1925???? What's with the line of Elmer Fudds we've had since Switzer????
Romo's star has eclipsed. He's a B-Movie Brett Faververeorovereferer. He's dangerous. Don't by into the numbers and the smile. When you need him the most, the ball will bounce of his own thigh on his own 2 yard line, and hand the game to the "Bengals" or the "Cardinal" de jour..............

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
lewpac;2335692 said:
Newman is part of the chronic secondary problem that includes Roy Williams the last 5 years. He's way over-rated and can't cover mediocre receivers.
If they did a "highlight" film on Romo since he's been the starter, it would be an "America's Funniest Home Video" segment. Because so far, he's known more for his blunders, unforced fumbles, erratic play and single-handed losses than anything good. The only rush he sees are those coming right at his face. Anything coming from the side or rear is an adventure in "turnover world", usually in our own endzone. Even WHEN he see's the rush, he does his usual "corkscrew" manuever, half way to the turf, twisting in the wind, and holding the ball with one hand extended from his body. Half the time the ball just squirts out with no help from a defender.
Me. "Vunder-child" OC is a bust. All of two years QB coach in Miami apparently can't call an inventive offensive scheme...........
Wade Phillips (or should we call him "BUM") hasn't won a playoff game ever. That record will remain as the head coach in Dallas. I advocated for Ron Rivera (Bears DC) two years ago, and I was right. Why can't Dallas have a head coach who was born AFTER 1925???? What's with the line of Elmer Fudds we've had since Switzer????
Romo's star has eclipsed. He's a B-Movie Brett Faververeorovereferer. He's dangerous. Don't by into the numbers and the smile. When you need him the most, the ball will bounce of his own thigh on his own 2 yard line, and hand the game to the "Bengals" or the "Cardinal" de jour..............

:lmao2:

Just wow.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2335702 said:
:lmao2:

Just wow.

there should be a football IQ test you have to pass before you sign up for this message board.

Something like what colors are on the jerseys shown. If you cant pass that, you cant sign up.

Reaction score
lewpac;2335692 said:

Yeah, I disagree with almost everything you said. Just thought I'd point that out.
But I do kinda agree with the premise of the thread... kinda. Can't put my finger on why, exactly, but it is almost refreshing to see everyone (myself and the media included) adjust our expectations and it is definitely refreshing to see the Cowboys staff and players looking hard at themselves in the figurative mirror. But it's NEVER fun to watch our Cowboys losing a game, especially when they are the most talented team (which, these days, is every week), so it's bittersweet overall, I guess.

Ender

Reaction score
lewpac;2335692 said:

First of, this is an idiotic statement, Romo is the only reason we won last week and he is definitely not the reason we loss this week. But it is better this why. Ive said it all year, we as fans, dont deserve to have a good football team. We're like little children with no supervision. This team has the worst fans period. And what even more funny is these people saying we're going to be better off without Romo. Whats going to be funny is in 3 weeks everybodies going to be wishing we had Romo. lol. Because hes not the problem. The Oline is and has always been the problem. Last years playoff game they were the problem. There not a smart bunch, if they arent giving up sacks theyre holding are commiting false starts are not snaping the ball on time, are just simply not snaping the ball correctly. So Imaging Brad Johnson back there. ?its not going to be pretty these next couple of weeks

I like to think this is the football gods getting us back for all the complaining. We complained about Roy, he's gone, then Terrence Newman, now he's gone, then Romo of all people. The reason we even got to the point where we were considered the best team was when we got Romo. Now he's gone. So we got what we asked for. We couldnt take being good. We have to have a sorry *** team to be happy. So now we got what we wanted.
So Enjoy,

lewpac

Benched
Reaction score
theebs;2335712 said:
there should be a football IQ test you have to pass before you sign up for this message board.

Something like what colors are on the jerseys shown. If you cant pass that, you cant sign up.

And you "fans" are the part of the problem too. Anyone who loves the Cowboys and is an honest broker about our efforts (instead of burying your head in the sand and drinking "Cowboy Kool-aid") needs their head examined.
If you're gonna' sit there and whistle through the graveyard, thinking all we need is a "tweak" hear, a "spark" there, or a "roll of momentum" to get on, you're not a fan. Your lost.
You need to join up with the Lions ala Matt Millen and "keep believing" despite the carnage. You're better suited to hook-up with the Bengals and "believe" year after year in the face of being a bottom feeder. Maybe even get on the Jets band-wagon and fool yourself into thinking that Favre is the answer...........
Yeah, go do that. But save us all the shallow "fan" crap and coming down on anyone who see's the truth about this team. WE'RE THE REAL FANS!! Folks who ain't gonna settle for this garbage and circle-jerk ourselves into thinking everything is just swell in Cowboy-land. It isn't. Anything BUT!!
Grow a brain...................................

nflandbooze

Reaction score
slotshot;2335547 said:
Really.

Um, I like less attention and praise, but I hate it when half the team seems to be hurt. :(

lewpac

Benched
Reaction score
With regards to "expectations" and "spoiled brat fans"....................
We don't have a parade like the Saints did just for making the playoffs. We're Cowboy fans. Like Yankee fans and Celtic fans and Laker fans and Jeff Gordon Fans. Nothing less than a Ring will do.
But I guess YOU don't get that, being a fair weather fan since 1993. No, I understand.
WE, have been fans since 1965 and remember when Dallas was the "team that couldn't win the big one"!!
So go play with the other "fans" who weren't even born when Randy White and Harvey Martin split the MVP in the Denver SB. Your parents weren't even dating when Dallas held Miami to the (to this day) the only team to not score a TD in a SB. The pain of losing both winnable Steeler SB's in the 70's.
We don't need a lecture from some kid who got on board when the winning started again in 1992...............................

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
In a way, it's a good thing we are facing some adversity early in the season.

Romo being out....not really a good thing. But maybe it will give him some time to calm down and get his head straight.

With the offense sputtering early, and now realying on Brad Johnson, and without our playmaker, Felix Jones, I think the defense will be forced to respond.

The offense scoring almost at will early in the season, IMO, caused the defense to get lax, knowing the offense would probably bail them out....as they had been doing most of last season and this season.

I'm not happy with what is happening, but at 4-2, we aren't in that bad of a position. If we go 2-1 over the next 3 games, which I think is well possible...the team should regroup and come out firing after the bye.

At 4-2, no one should be ready to throw in the towel. Hopefully the players understand this to and come out and respond to a bit of adversity.

I'm gad alot of the hype is gone now. The player's seemed to have an attitude that just showing up would equal a victory. I hope the current situation envokes some passion, and makes them realize they must earn everything they get in this league.

Ender

Reaction score
lewpac;2335797 said:
And you "fans" are the part of the problem too. Anyone who loves the Cowboys and is an honest broker about our efforts (instead of burying your head in the sand and drinking "Cowboy Kool-aid") needs their head examined.
If you're gonna' sit there and whistle through the graveyard, thinking all we need is a "tweak" hear, a "spark" there, or a "roll of momentum" to get on, you're not a fan. Your lost.
You need to join up with the Lions ala Matt Millen and "keep believing" despite the carnage. You're better suited to hook-up with the Bengals and "believe" year after year in the face of being a bottom feeder. Maybe even get on the Jets band-wagon and fool yourself into thinking that Favre is the answer...........
Yeah, go do that. But save us all the shallow "fan" crap and coming down on anyone who see's the truth about this team. WE'RE THE REAL FANS!! Folks who ain't gonna settle for this garbage and circle-jerk ourselves into thinking everything is just swell in Cowboy-land. It isn't. Anything BUT!!
Grow a brain...................................

Well im happy youve been a fan for so long, but maybe your like Al Davis and is losing it in your old age, lmao, because it a fundamentaly difference between us and the Lions, ummm we have talent. LMAO. Wake up, you call your self a fan, please. You think being a fan is crtisizing the one player who gives us a chance. PLease. That not being a fan. A fan is supporting your team no matter who's [laying not crying. A fan of football would know that Romo isnt the at fault, the Oline is at fault. When he has time, he one of the best in the league. When he doesnt have time he gets saked. How about we get some one like Jason Cambell who wont turn the ball over but will only throw for 150 yards a game. OR David Garrad who wont throw a pic but only will complete 14 passes a game. Your a fan, yeah right. Place the blam were it belongs, the Oline. They are and always have been the problem.