I Always Find the Cowboys Offseason Fascinating!

Jinxx13x

Reaction score
I as all of you, hate when the season ends, But absolutely love the weeks leading up to the draft and FA ( Kinda Like Football Heating up again). I am not someone who really follows college football! Don't really know why, it has just always been Pro Football for me. Since i don't follow College Football I think i remain fairly unemotional regarding the Cowboys draft picks. For me FA is more frustrating then the draft !

What I really enjoy is reading all of your posts on this forum, articles, or watching Cowboys / football Youtube creators I enjoy leading up to FA and the draft regarding players you hope we draft, or what direction you want the cowboys to go. The debates and differences of opinions are always interesting. Like everyone else i have my own ideas about positions i would like to see addressed or changes i would like to see made, but as far as what players in the draft i tend to just trust the coaches and Will McClay.

The highs and lows we all feel as the draft unfolds is kinda nuts! i mean its not only the emotions of who we DO or DON'T pick! it spreads to who our NFC East opponents pick, or who trades up to steal someone they thought we would take. It's crazy to me that sometimes people feel immediately following the draft that it's either over or its Super Bowl time. I gotta kinda laugh at myself sometimes when i get disappointed or stunned a little over someone the Cowboys picked because my expectations were a little different based on creators i have watched or posts i have read which caused me to think the boys made a horrible pick or reached. This is why i think i love the whole process of the offseason I mean for example :

For years i have read things like we need that big body DT to Stop the run !

Then we draft Mazi Smith - emotions fly - lots of people don't like the pick, think we could have gotten him in the 3rd, or we should have went O-Line ETC !
My immediate reaction not gonna lie my mind shot right to Taco :lmao:have no idea why it just did for a split second ! I then saw a video of Micah showing a text he made to Dan Quinn at like 3:00pm on draft day begging him to draft Mazi Smith and Dan Quinn replying i'm all about that life - then i remember how worn down Micah looked towards the end of the season and i say to myself Mazi is gonna keep the wear and tear down on Micah and free him up !

Seems to me some feel this was not a great draft- Seems there is a feeling the Eagles killed it ! I have no idea, but i can't wait to watch how it all plays out next season, I feel like our draft philosophy is finally changing and so is the identity of this defense !

I Haven't posted in awhile BUT wanted to just share my thoughts so

No matter where you stand on the Cowboys Offseason Gotta Love the Ride !

GO COWBOYS :flagwave:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I then saw a video of Micah showing a text he made to Dan Quinn at like 3:00pm on draft day begging him to draft Mazi Smith and Dan Quinn replying i'm all about that life - then i remember how worn down Micah looked towards the end of the season and i say to myself Mazi is gonna keep the wear and tear down on Micah and free him up !
Great post. This was my favorite part. Watching #11 get so excited because he understands what Mazi can bring to the DL.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
I have no idea how new you are to this forum but. The more this board hates the draft. The better the draft is. I'd take the opinion of a maggot living on a crumpled up pile of used toilet paper in the streets of San Fransisco next to a homeless camp over 99 % of posters on this boards opinion. I've never in my life seen a group of people so bad at evaluating talent at the NFL or College level.

817Gill

Reaction score
I have no idea how new you are to this forum but. The more this board hates the draft. The better the draft is. I'd take the opinion of a maggot living on a crumpled up pile of used toilet paper in the streets of San Fransisco next to a homeless camp over 99 % of posters on this boards opinion. I've never in my life seen a group of people so bad at evaluating talent at the NFL or College level.
:laugh: :laugh:

Jinxx13x

Reaction score
Been on this board for years just took a long break posting hahahaha this is funny

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good to see you back and we could give little ole ladies a run for their money with all the pet cats in the offseason.

There is certainly no lack of passion for the draft or shortage of opinions on who we should have taken and we don't wait to see them play.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Shoot your shot. Lets hear your breakdown of of the draft picks.

CWR

Reaction score

Lmao, word.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This is on point. Posters are lucky there is no search function on this site because some of the player evaluations on this site is laughable.

Jinxx13x

Reaction score
Good to see you back and we could give little ole ladies a run for their money with all the pet cats in the offseason.

There is certainly no lack of passion for the draft or shortage of opinions on who we should have taken and we don't wait to see them play.
Great to see you as well couch

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Entertainment on FA and the draft to me anymore.
I did not research the draft prospect as much as I used to do. Rely much upon the articles, mock drafts, video clips on here. And I appreciate all that contribute immensely.

I will trust their draft board and decisions as they have been pretty good. I will post what I like or don't like about it. But will also say, day 3 I really did not know much about any of the players.
I still am not sure how I feel, but it is not a horrible feeling. I will wait and see how they do on the field.

No one stands out but mixed in with the other talent on the roster. It is another piece of the puzzle. Or as some great rock band once said ...another brick in the wall... (though different meanings)...to complete the wall in this case.

I agree about Micah. Hence, adding to the puzzle. Mazi can take pressure off of Micah, and others to allow an overall better defense. Adding Gilmore even helps as well.

blueblood70

Reaction score
This is on point. Posters are lucky there is no search function on this site because some of the player evaluations on this site is laughable.
like a lot of the zone using terms like "historically bad offseason" Organically tanking" FAs were unimpressive, no way we are winning."

that was before the season.

after dak goes down they said if RUsh is our QB we have zero chance to win 7 games etc and the FO just doesnt care..

the tank talk started. then they dont want Dak back in and want ruish to stay the qb even though Dak immendialy had to score and was doing so for 5 straight games as a top scoring/RZ/3rd down% team in the league at what 36PPG?? as if Rush could play when asked to actually have to move the ball and the team for more then one TD.. now they want Dak gone. this place never stops.

irony, is here we go again much of the media and zone dont like the draft say we haven't done enough. they never learn or hope of they stick to they same post year in and year out they will be right, eventually.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
like a lot of the zone using terms like "historically bad offseason" Organically tanking" FAs were unimpressive, no way we are winning."

that was before the season.

after dak goes down they said if RUsh is our QB we have zero chance to win 7 games etc and the FO just doesnt care..

the tank talk started. then they dont want Dak back in and want ruish to stay the qb even though Dak immendialy had to score and was doing so for 5 straight games as a top scoring/RZ/3rd down% team in the league at what 36PPG?? as if Rush could play when asked to actually have to move the ball and the team for more then one TD.. now they want Dak gone. this place never stops.

irony, is here we go again much of the media and zone dont like the draft say we haven't done enough. they never learn or hope of they stick to they same post year in and year out they will be right, eventually.
You’re right. Everyone’s a know it all and when proven wrong they don’t say a thing. Go ghost. Now everyone believed in Micah…..naw I remember how pissed people were and wanted us to take Slater.

blueblood70

Reaction score
You’re right. Everyone’s a know it all and when proven wrong they don’t say a thing. Go ghost. Now everyone believed in Micah…..naw I remember how pissed people were and wanted us to take Slater.
fact is worse then that they wanted us to make a historical trade to go from 10 up to 3 and get one of the CBs..instead we trade down get 3rd and Micah and soem were saying what an off the ball LB that high.. :)) put some hot sauce on that Crow, make it taste better. that project reach in Tyler smith as well..

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
fact is worse then that they wanted us to make a historical trade to go from 10 up to 3 and get one of the CBs..instead we trade down get 3rd and Micah and soem were saying what an off the ball LB that high.. :)) put some hot sauce on that Crow, make it taste better. that project reach in Tyler smith as well..
Yeah that gets lost in it all. Got Micah and a 3rd for Devonta Smith. Can’t remember who the 3rd was I guess Golston?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
And people aren’t expected to be able to comment on a draftee’s skill set. They’re couch potatoes. But what’s fascinating is all the posters who THINK they know as much, if not more, than scouts and coaches. Those are the fake people you need to avoid. What’s cool, is they‘ve let you know up front so you don’t have to bother with them.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Shoot your shot. Lets hear your breakdown of of the draft picks.
Easy. This front office is probably one of, if not the best drafting front offices in the NFL. I absolutely trust their evaluation of college players. I don't get paid to scout college players. I'm completely fine admitting that. Will they hit on every single pick? Well, going off the fact that it's never been done before, I'd say probably not. Will I ***** about the 5th or 6th round pick they might miss on? Nope. You see, the people in here *****ing about the draft have no basis to go off of. The Cowboys have hit on way more draft picks then they've wiffed on over the past decade. *****ing about our draft right now is doing so ONLY to *****. Unfortunately, as the *****er knows this, us realist can't defend our position for another 4 months. So that means the *****er gets to have no backlash on any stupid **** they might say right now. Trust me. Come October, I'll be reminding the exact same posters on how wrong they where back in May. It happens every single year. Can't wait to do it again.

shabazz

Reaction score
The only thing funnier than the people who don’t know as much as the scouts, are the people who criticize them as thinking THEY know as much as the scouts.

Lets be real….nobody but nobody here knows more about players potential than the professional scouts.

if any of y’all did, you wouldn’t be here wasting time on a fan message board site.

all we have is OPINIONS and nobody’s is better than the other guys……so all the “all knowing experts “here that criticize others are Full of crap too.

Go Cowboys!