I am a Cowboys fan!

KLJ

Reaction score
I'm getting a lot crap about people giving up their fandom for this or that!
The first game I ever watched was the Hail Mary game, haven't missed one since. I used to schedule my weekend practice and coaches meetings around the games. I've hosted eight different players at my ranch for a BBQ. Randy White held three camps for me and I've had a few beers with Wade and his staff. George Teague signed a TO jersey for me! Only one he has ever done. Also got to meet with Jerry for about half an hour back in 94. Point is, I love the Cowboys!!! Especially now that Garrett is gone.
Why do you love them boys!!!
you're such the superfan.. :rolleyes:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
If the TV screen ever went fuzzy, in unison I would hear, "What? Get over there! Hold it, hold it... Good!"

:muttley:
:laugh:

Yeah..

I had to go up on the roof and adjust for the reception for CBS. We would shout back and forth to move the antenna until it was no snow.

That boys and girls was high technology. And we still had B+W with a close hanger for an antenna in my bedroom to watch cartoons.

The color TV was in the den. Color had just been broadcast nationally and many had only B&W.

Bonanza was the first program I ever saw in color on a "huge" 25" console TV. That seems like a lifetime ago.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
Having been born and raised in Texas I was not a fan of football, that is until I realized it was a thing. My step father was a devout Colts fan and Johnny Unitas die hard. So when the Cowboys played the Colts in the Superbowl it was a huge day in our house. The Colts would rein supreme that day. But from that day onward I was a Cowboys fan for life. Started my fandom on a losing note albeit on the the biggest stage. What say you?

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
:laugh:

Yeah..

I had to go up on the roof and adjust for the reception for CBS. We would shout back and forth to move the antenna until it was no snow.

That boys and girls was high technology. And we still had B+W with a close hanger for an antenna in my bedroom to watch cartoons.

The color TV was in the den. Color had just been broadcast nationally and many had only B&W.

Bonanza was the first program I ever saw in color on a "huge" 25" console TV. That seems like a lifetime ago.
The good old days of tuning the antenna

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm getting a lot crap about people giving up their fandom for this or that!
The first game I ever watched was the Hail Mary game, haven't missed one since. I used to schedule my weekend practice and coaches meetings around the games. I've hosted eight different players at my ranch for a BBQ. Randy White held three camps for me and I've had a few beers with Wade and his staff. George Teague signed a TO jersey for me! Only one he has ever done. Also got to meet with Jerry for about half an hour back in 94. Point is, I love the Cowboys!!! Especially now that Garrett is gone.
Why do you love them boys!!!
Some would rather the Cowboys lose so they can say "I told you so" than watch the Cowboys win. I guess there is always that element in a fanbase though.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I attended a Dallas Texans game at the Cotton Bowl. A year or so later I attended a Dallas Cowboys football game at the Cotton Bowl.

The Texans moved to K.C.

There was no other team for me but the Cowboys. I have cried after two games in this team's history.

The Ice Bowl
The NFC Championship game against the 9ers known as The Catch game.

Been one since Day One. That will never change.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
In the military overseas or you could get was the Cowboys. Then how could I not love Tom Landry Roger Staubach. Mr. cowboy Bob Lily. And I have done the same thing. I’ve actually lost jobs because I wouldn’t work the weekend the cowboys are playing. I’ve drove to Connecticut to watch football games. In Disneyland I stayed in the hotel to watch Jimmy Johnson when he was with Miami coaching against the Cowboys. I broke a 26 inch Sears consul TV Smith dropped the ball in the end zone against Pittsburgh. So many great memories.I live 25 minutes from Gillette Stadium. Steve Grogan Drew Bledsoe,Tom Brady Nope I’m a cowboy fan

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We are fans of the team.

Unfortunately just not each other.

Nothing unusual there.

:cool:
People think because you can critique the team or player you’re not a fan. I never accused anybody of that because it’s stupid. But when I do give people a hard time . Is when they consistently bash a particular player. Totally agree