I am a diehard cowboy fan but right now I got Steeler envy.

ilovejerry

Reaction score
DTK;2399376 said:
You must not be very old for if you were you'd NEVER have Steeler envy.

Yeah exactly I clicked on this thread to see what ahem :rolleyes: Cowboy fan would write that .....Shame on YOU !!! Never never should that utter out of a REAL cowboy Fans mouth steeler envy :blech:

btcutter

Reaction score
ilovejerry;2400645 said:
Yeah exactly I clicked on this thread to see what ahem :rolleyes: Cowboy fan would write that .....Shame on YOU !!! Never never should that utter out of a REAL cowboy Fans mouth steeler envy :blech:

Give me a break! You mean to say you NEVER EVER wish you had xxx player or xx defense when we were 1-15. We still cheered for the Boys but we all wish they were better.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
stiletto;2399372 said:
If/When they jettison Wade and his crew of bafoons, we should strongly consider going after a good assistant to Lebeau at Pittsburgh, one of his younger assistants that has been there awhile and can implement similar schemes and philosophies.

their LB coach, Keith Butler

he's been the LB coach in Pittsburgh since '03

MCowboys

Reaction score
The Steelers D is really good. That's a given.

But what seems obvious to me, but yet seems to not be mentioned is how bad their o-line is. Big Ben has been sacked so much it isn't funny. And what makes that so scary is that he doesn't throw that much. They are lucky he didn't get hurt earlier

es22

Reaction score
stiletto;2399372 said:
If/When they jettison Wade and his crew of bafoons, we should strongly consider going after a good assistant to Lebeau at Pittsburgh, one of his younger assistants that has been there awhile and can implement similar schemes and philosophies.

LeBeau would be ideal for us. He is respected as a DC and we can use his 3-4 zone blitz. You cant fault him for his coaching chance in Cincinati.

ilovejerry

Reaction score
btcutter;2400655 said:
Give me a break! You mean to say you NEVER EVER wish you had xxx player or xx defense when we were 1-15. We still cheered for the Boys but we all wish they were better.

No..................well then i did love preston pearson and he was an ex stiller...and colt....but i loath that team.........

DABOYZ

Reaction score
btcutter;2399359 said:
Wow, I am sure most everyone is impressed with the Steelers last night, especially their version of 3-4 defense. First two drives the Steelers offense gave the Skins the ball in Steeler territory but Skins can only muster 2 FGs. That D imposed its will on the Skins. Very impressive!! Why haven't we built a D similar to Steelers, Titans and Raven's....didn't we spent like 10 1st rounders on D?

Ben goes down and Leftwich comes in and plays better than Ben and leads Steelers to a win...............damn...that's just plain wrong because we have WHO as backup????

Steelers got the ageless Hines Ward and functional receivers...but still manage to go deep.......Steelers didn't go spent $$$$$$$$$$ on every position on the FA market but still sports one of the best teams in NFL....

Why...Why...Why....
I conclude it's JJ. It's really all on JJ. Yes, we got a softie for coach...but he hired him....He had Parcells (hardass) prior to that too....didn't matter either.

To me, JJ IS A FOOTBALL FAN JUST LIKE US EXCEPT HE HAS OVER A BILLION DOLLARS AND OWNS THE TEAM. HE LET'S HIS IMPULSE MAKE TOO MANY DECISIONS JUST LIKE AN AVERAGE JOE. I applaud him for able to carry out his fantasy because he is successful but he needs to realize he is killing the team.

Only way to fix what we have in Dallas is to hire a real GM and hire Bill Cowher. We need the attitude of the team to completely change. We need to play down and dirty football and win games 10-9 instead of being the pretty boy and play finesse football by scoring 40 a game in the regular season but can't put up 28 in the playoffs.

Enough rant! Season isn't lost yet but JJ need to realize that HE IS THE PROBLEM and HE ALSO POSSESS THE ABILITY TO SOLVE IT.

The Steelers know how to blitz. They don't send guys into the backs of their own defensive lineman. Our blitz packages have been pathetic since Jimmy was here.

I have had enough of the bend don't break defense. When we blitz we need to play bump and run. And if we get beat oh well. At least our D won't spend 8 minutes on the field because we chose to play conservative.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Everson24;2400189 said:
I live in Steeler country and even root for them to lose even when it would help us out (IE aginst the Eagles, Giants and now the Commanders).
Watch it, you can't hate the Steelers more than a division rival.

UDcowboysfan

Reaction score
Now i dont have steeler envy but i do marvel at the effectivness of the steeler D year after year. I really do think a lot of it is just mental.