I am beginning to think Amari is expendable

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Yes, just a week ago I admonished a fellow forumite for suggesting we trade Amari if possible.
Well, I was so indignant that I cut short my trip to the Atlanta Hair Expo & 'Q Competition.

I said unto him: WE ARE ONLY AN INJURY AWAY TO GALLUP OR CD TO SCOURING THE WAIVER WIRES!

But that was yesterday and yesterday, like me ankle muscles, are fleeting.

But ...
As Cedric the Entertainer and Gallup arise, we could seemingly tire of Amari.
And, hot dog! Maybe an Amari value could get us angry dog safeties corners.
Or a middle linebacker.
Blimey! The things I say!

Knotamus

Reaction score
Think someone has forgotten what Amari does for this WR group outside of just catching footballs. Amari also draws the attention of the opponents best CB which allows guys like CeeDee, Gallup, and Shultz to have favorable matchups, exp when Cooper has a safety over the top. Amari consistently beats one-on-one coverage, has a good rapport with Dak, and has already made a few clutch catches this year.

The fact is.. there’s no one on this team that runs routes like Cooper can. Not Gallup. Not Lamb. Not Wilson.. not even close.

How quickly we forget what Amari did for Dak when he was traded to the Cowboys. Classic case of not appreciating what you have until he’s gone.

I strongly disagree with the OP.

Sydla

Reaction score
I don’t really understand the Amari hate by some of our fan base.

I never have either. I think part of it is tied to the fact we have paid him a lot of money and he's not exactly been Julio Jones dominant (and he has disappeared at times) but overall, he's been a legit #1 WR.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Amari is not worth $20 million/year for standing on the sidelines, especially during crunch time, game on the line end-of-games.

If he was paid $10 - $12 million/year, that would be tolerable, but at $20 mil/year, he needs to be out there no matter what. You never saw Michael Irvin on the sidelines...ever...especially with the game on the line!

How quickly so many forget.

Redline360

Reaction score
Think someone has forgotten what Amari does for this WR group outside of just catching footballs. Amari also draws the attention of the opponents best CB which allows guys like CeeDee, Gallup, and Shultz to have favorable matchups, exp when Cooper has a safety over the top. Amari consistently beats one-on-one coverage, has a good rapport with Dak, and has already made a few clutch catches this year.

The fact is.. there’s no one on this team that runs routes like Cooper can. Not Gallup. Not Lamb. Not Wilson.. not even close.

How quickly we forget what Amari did for Dak when he was traded to the Cowboys. Classic case of not appreciating what you have until he’s gone.

I strongly disagree with the OP.

Agree for the most part. However one can't overlook his past history of "disappearing". Coop does so much for the other recievers

Mannix

Reaction score
-----I don’t really understand the Amari hate by some of our fan base.

The dude just doesn't love the game like he should...its just a job for him.....he never seems engaged with his teammates, and always looks like he would rather be somewhere else.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
I would trade coop for either 2 first rounders or a top tier Dline player....maybe top tier CB maybe.

Loso86

Reaction score
I honestly felt like he might be traded after this season IF Lamb excels. But wilson is healthy and improving too soooooo yea. I know its 1 game but exciting to see

mardwin

Reaction score
We gave up a 1st and a $100M for Cooper. After making Zeke the highest paid RB. This front office makes no sense.

Knotamus

Reaction score
Agree for the most part. However one can't overlook his past history of "disappearing". Coop does so much for the other recievers

Welp, I hear ya. But..

Cooper is literally averaging 8 catches and 90yrds through three games this year. Two of those games was on the road. (Discrediting the false narrative that he’s not good on the road). Not to mention all that “disappearing”, he still finished with 1200yrds and 8TDs last year while playing through a foot injury. Sorry, but I’m sure there’s more than a few players in the NFL that wish they can disappear like that.

Those games that people are saying he disappeared in last year.. I encourage folks to actually lookup the team stats. You’ll see that either the whole team disappeared (that’s called an arse kicking) or another WR had a great game. (Meaning, the opponent strategically took Cooper out the game with extra coverage). That’s called good football.

I always find it funny.. In basketball, when the opponent concentrates on taking the top player out of the game with extra attention (I.e. Lebron), yet the other weaker players have good games.. everyone understands the defense targeted Lebron, yet never questions his ability. On the other hand, when a Wr in football draws extra attention, and can’t produce usual stats, he must not be as good. Smh.. mind boggling narratives.

Last edited:

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I think Gallup is more likely to be trade bait. He's young and cheap and can be a #1. He's not as good as Cooper or Lamb, but he's probably the best trade bait.