I am in a deep depression

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I, like many fans, feel that I am FAR too emotionally invested in the team's fortunes. When they lose during the freaking regular season, it absolutely ruins my week. I'm hard to get along with, and just generally unhappy. A freakish playoff loss like this is just emotionally devastating. I know this is very unhealthy, but I've always been this way. I wish there was some way to keep from getting so caught up in this crap. I'm 44 years old and have been the world's biggest Cowboy fan all my life. I wish I could just give up watching the Boys and football in general, but I know I can't. It's like an addiction. I'm both emotionally and physically sick right now. Pathetic.

demdcowboys#1

Reaction score
today, watch Wizards basketball, they just f-in lost to TOR. Then play some Saints Row on my 360........ no football, well maybe just a lottle of the pats jets game..... no BSPN though

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Star4Ever;1298035 said:
I, like many fans, feel that I am FAR too emotionally invested in the team's fortunes. When they lose during the freaking regular season, it absolutely ruins my week. I'm hard to get along with, and just generally unhappy. A freakish playoff loss like this is just emotionally devastating. I know this is very unhealthy, but I've always been this way. I wish there was some way to keep from getting so caught up in this crap. I'm 44 years old and have been the world's biggest Cowboy fan all my life. I wish I could just give up watching the Boys and football in general, but I know I can't. It's like an addiction. I'm both emotionally and physically sick right now. Pathetic.

Beast feels your pain and agrees it is like a bad addiction, I cant "divorce" myself from this team, I just feel devastated today.

demdcowboys#1

Reaction score
eduncan22;1296666 said:
Remember..this is only football. Real life matters. Football does not.

There is ALWAYS another game to watch.

what?!?!?!?!?!
This is Cowboys football, only Cowboys football matters!!!!
;)

It was so bad to see us lose like that, such a devastating loss, tears me apart. I am depressed, and so sad, it pains me to see us fight and play so hard, for a ref to decide the outcome of the game.....with his horrible call on J.Witten's FD.

Ben_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;1296347 said:
I dont know if this is healthy guys.

The way I am feeling right now is hard to explain. I mean, I was so mad that I started throwing stuff after the botched FG, I even broke a lamp I paid $150 for.

My girl wanted to go grab a bite to eat, but I was so sick to my stomach that I couldnt eat. I just sat there and watched her eat a hamburger. I still fell physically ill right now, I just cant stand losing a freaking playoff game like that. I would rather get beat by 50 points than lose like that.

Does anybody else feel this bad, maybe I am too emotionally attached to this team, I dont know. Maybe Beast needs a therapist???:bang2:

Statistics show that police receive the most domestic violence calls against wimmen on Super Bowl Sunday....

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score

The way I am feeling right now is hard to explain. I mean, I was so mad that I started throwing stuff after the botched FG, I even broke a lamp I paid $150 for.

My girl wanted to go grab a bite to eat, but I was so sick to my stomach that I couldnt eat. I just sat there and watched her eat a hamburger. I still fell physically ill right now, I just cant stand losing a freaking playoff game like that. I would rather get beat by 50 points than lose like that.

Does anybody else feel this bad, maybe I am too emotionally attached to this team, I dont know. Maybe Beast needs a therapist???:bang2:

Never get too emotionally attached to any entity unless said entity snuggles up next to you in bed every night or calls you daddy, grand daddy, son, etc. etc.

I got over my sickness by starting to post again on the board this morning. Sharing with fellow fans was very therapeutic for me.

zeromaster

Reaction score
crazytown41;1296528 said:
You're not a "true" fan if this loss doesn't make you ill.
<snip>

I love this stuff. Like if we all just believed a little harder, yesterday would have turned out all right.

Unless you're betting your mortgage or the kid's college fund on the game, I don't see it. Yeah I hated to see them lose, but the sun still rises. All the things they were doing wrong throughout the season seemed to come together. It was all sitting there before the playoffs started, but some of us would rather believe it didn't matter. Other people would rather blame coaches, players, whatever. Great, if it makes you feel better.

It's all tied together, because it's a team. The places in the game where they could've taken control, like the interceptions that became FGs, not TDs, and the 3-and-out at the start of the second half, it was really nothing we hadn't seen before.

IMO, it is still largely a business to these guys. If they cared that much about the fans and the city, they wouldn't leave in FA. That alone should remind you that they may play the game because they love it, or it's what they do best, but it's still about the paycheck first, and the rest of it second. The only exceptions I see is the player that re-signs for less than his agent thinks he should be getting. A Bill Bates sort of player, that plays lights out and because he cares, and always remembers how close the end of his career could be. A team full of those types is worth emotionally dying for, nothing less.

There's nothing wrong with getting worked up about it, we can still take pride in the wins and hate the losses, but let each of us deal with it in our own way, without worrying if we're "true" fans. There are no awards for that. Except maybe here.

JMO

Flame on. I'm sure there will be some :)

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
zeromaster;1299110 said:
I love this stuff. Like if we all just believed a little harder, yesterday would have turned out all right.

Unless you're betting your mortgage or the kid's college fund on the game, I don't see it. Yeah I hated to see them lose, but the sun still rises. All the things they were doing wrong throughout the season seemed to come together. It was all sitting there before the playoffs started, but some of us would rather believe it didn't matter. Other people would rather blame coaches, players, whatever. Great, if it makes you feel better.

It's all tied together, because it's a team. The places in the game where they could've taken control, like the interceptions that became FGs, not TDs, and the 3-and-out at the start of the second half, it was really nothing we hadn't seen before.

IMO, it is still largely a business to these guys. If they cared that much about the fans and the city, they wouldn't leave in FA. That alone should remind you that they may play the game because they love it, or it's what they do best, but it's still about the paycheck first, and the rest of it second. The only exceptions I see is the player that re-signs for less than his agent thinks he should be getting. A Bill Bates sort of player, that plays lights out and because he cares, and always remembers how close the end of his career could be. A team full of those types is worth emotionally dying for, nothing less.

There's nothing wrong with getting worked up about it, we can still take pride in the wins and hate the losses, but let each of us deal with it in our own way, without worrying if we're "true" fans. There are no awards for that. Except maybe here.

JMO

Flame on. I'm sure there will be some :)

No flame here. I agree 100%

I keep replaying that fumble over and over again in my head, but surprisingly, I feel proud that the Cowboys came to play. I thought they were the better of the two teams last night.

But things happen. Now Romo has playoff experience and will be that much better next year.

And being a Spurs fan, I think my heart has become numb to these situations.
-See .04 play and last years spurs/mavs series.

EagleHarry

Reaction score

The Walt Whitman bridge is free this week if you don't mind a few hour flight to Philly. It will be all better after a little leap. Better hurry though, you may have company if you wait until next weekend.

CliffnDallas

Reaction score

You will be okay. I felt the same way when my girlfriend ran off with the circus. :)

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
The thing that sucks is we have to wait half a year for training camp and 8 months for the season to start again:eek:

bounce

Reaction score
As bad as this one hurt - it wasn't even in the same echelon as Derek Fisher's 0.4 shot to beat San Antonio.

notherbob

Reaction score
I know exactly how you guys feel, I used to feel that way, myself. I allowed myself to get way out of emotional control and would scream, smash things, put my fist through walls, etc.

After one intensive episode, I lay on the floor all exhausted and with a very sore throat and completely limp with defeat, and I heard a little voice inside of me say "Why the hell should I feel this way, I'm not even on the damn team?" That got me to thinking and I decided I had a choice and I decided to love football first and team second so I wouldn't allow myself to get so emotionally tied up in it since they wouldn't let me play on their damn team anyway and that has helped greatly.

I just got tired of embarrassing myself and hurting other people's feelings.

I no longer rant and rave during games, nor throw things if the other team plays better ball - I have come to enjoy the good ball so much it no longer bothers me that others play it if my preferred team doesn't. If they don't play well enough to win, they don't deserve to win. I don't throw wild drunken parties if they win nor am I morose, surly and depressed for a week if they lose.

Over they years friends and family have told me how much better it is to watch games with me than it used to be.

The choice is yours, you can continue to do as you have done or you can summon the courage and personal integrity to learn to control yourself and feel better for it and be better company to be around. It's not easy, it takes a conscious effort but it makes you and everyone around you happier.

It's just one in an endless stream of choices, your call.

And, no, I'm not the least bit upset at the loss, I thought it was a fabulous game and I thoroughly enjoyed it even though it had a bizarre ending and I am grateful to have been able to see it. This team is slowly improving and will be better next season.

The playoffs are always special no matter who wins or loses.

I accept the things I cannot change anyway.

:cool:

roughneck266

Reaction score

BOOOZE! It's not just for breakfast anymore!
Seriously man, it's alright, they will give it another shot next year. It sucks but it ain't the end of the world! Cheer up!

kojak

Who Loves Ya Baby?
Reaction score

Time is the best painkiller.

It was a tough loss to swallow for me as well. And I agree with ya, I would of rather just got blown out than to watch what unfolded towards the end of that game.

CowboyBlog

Reaction score
I normally get that way after every loss. The only thing that saved me this year was that I lowered my expectations when Romo began starting.

Jerry Jones did the same thing. I hope it worked for him also.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
CowboyBlog;1299303 said:
I normally get that way after every loss. The only thing that saved me this year was that I lowered my expectations when Romo began starting.

Jerry Jones did the same thing. I hope it worked for him also.

Get over your Romo hate. Bledsoe is a goner. Have fun leaving with him.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Beast, anytime you don't feel like going out, I would gladly accompany your sweetie out to eat a hamburger.
Get well soon. It's only a game. And a passion. And a religion. And a way of life.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
T-New41;1296412 said:
My name is T-New41 and I am a Cowboysholic....

We should start a support group here.

:lmao2: I agree 100%...NEW ZONE!! :D

I was at a buddies house watching the game, after the botch, i was scrambling around looking for something, anything! to just crush, i couldnt find anything so i threw my cowboys hat against the piano :p: