I am not taking this win seriously...

Tom [Giants fan]

Reaction score
I know the Cowboys are decimated by injuries. I am expecting a much tighter and tougher game in Dallas in a few weeks. The only thing this game showed me is that the Cowboys need a backup Quarterback.

This is all I am saying about this game. See you guys when we play again.

SacredStar

Reaction score
Thanks for going easy on us Tom.

You guys stomped the daylights out of us.

I can only hope for a respectable showing from Dallas next time.

Congrats on the win.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Don't count on it. I think we are about to pack it in for the year even if Romo comes back after the bye. I think Wade has created a soft team with no heart that just crumbles as soon as things stop going their way.

Tom [Giants fan]

Reaction score
What did you guys think of the call against Tuck when he got a person foul for "tackling the quarterback with his full body weight"?

That is a ridiculous rule if that is the rule. I'm not complaining it was called on the Giants. I am complaining because it is just a ridiculous call period.

What was your reaction when you heard the ref say it?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Tom [Giants fan];2393149 said:
I know the Cowboys are decimated by injuries. I am expecting a much tighter and tougher game in Dallas in a few weeks. The only thing this game showed me is that the Cowboys need a backup Quarterback.

Tom, you've got every right to feel good though. Your team looks great. When you lost Osi, Strahan, and traded away Shockey I really thought you'd fall apart.

Congrats on having a team that shows very real heart. I am impressed.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score

Tom, remember last year when the Giants were crappy and struggling and there was the Fire Tom and get rid of Eli talk? what changed that brought the team together and got them to play well? This Cowboys team reminds me of how the Giants were last season at the midway point.

GMen86

Reaction score

I agree Tom....

Still too much talent on this Cowboys team to count them out.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Tom [Giants fan];2393174 said:
What did you guys think of the call against Tuck when he got a person foul for "tackling the quarterback with his full body weight"?

That is a ridiculous rule if that is the rule. I'm not complaining it was called on the Giants. I am complaining because it is just a ridiculous call period.

I don't like the sissy rules. It's football. Nothing wrong with a hard hit. Not even on a QB. I hate the horsecollar rule. I hate the no contact with a WR after 5 yards rule. I hate the ticky tack pass interference interpretations.

That hit was good football. Period.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Hostile;2393175 said:
Tom, you've got every right to feel good though. Your team looks great. When you lost Osi, Strahan, and traded away Shockey I really thought you'd fall apart.

Congrats on having a team that shows very real heart. I am impressed.

Shockey was a cancer.....he didnt even play in the playoffs....and i think the subraction of Shockey was a huge addition to that offense.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score

Congrats on being smarter than that gap toothed Michael Strahan.

Strahan thinks Romo is all we're missing.

Romo
Newman
Felix Jones
Pacman Jones
Roy Williams S
Kosier

But we're only missing Romo according to mr. strahan.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Eskimo;2393160 said:
Don't count on it. I think we are about to pack it in for the year even if Romo comes back after the bye. I think Wade has created a soft team with no heart that just crumbles as soon as things stop going their way.
The how did we beat the Bucs?

Things stopped going our way vs the Rams and we pulled out a win vs the Bucs.

Kinda discredits your theory.

2much2soon

Reaction score
This game turned out pretty much as scripted.
I don't hate the Giants. They play with a lot of desire.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score

Clean hit....nothing wrong with the play.....but I am darn glad we got the call.

I just wish they would call the Giants OL for holding and illegal hands to the face more often. Their OTs had high hands several times today.

I sure wish Dallas could run block the way the Giants do. BTW, you do realize that Dallas could have drafted Brandon Jacobs right, and you guys would probably have Marion Barber.....since we took MB3 one pick before you took Jacobs.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
EveryoneElse;2393189 said:
Congrats on being smarter than that gap toothed Michael Strahan.

Strahan thinks Romo is all we're missing.

Romo
Newman
Felix Jones
Pacman Jones
Roy Williams S
Kosier

But we're only missing Romo according to mr. strahan.

Dont forget McBriar

18and1

Reaction score
I agree with the original poster. Giants did not play nearly well enough to beat a healthy Dallas team. even though we won, I don't feel too great about the win. If you guys are all healthy next meeting it will be a completely different game. Glad nobody got hurt too bad.

Gibby!

Pom Pom Waving Shill
Reaction score
I don't know, I think I have to disagree with that. The Cowboys have some glaring deficiencies, depth being one of the foremost. In a perfect world, every team would be healthy every game, but that is part of football. These Giants never had to fear losing this game.

Congrats, the Cowboys are going to limp into their bye in last place (probably where they belong right now), and you're Giants are going into next week definite Superbowl contenders.

ladiewolve

Reaction score

Well he jumped in the air to through the ball , so what was Tuck suppose to do? Set him on his feet and then tackle him? He was already going forward for the tackle. I'm with Hostile some of the rules are stupid.