I am not watching the FOX pre-game tomorrow

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I guarantee it will be about as nauseating as this:

Czar: "The math for the Cowboys to make the playoffs is not good. How do you expect them to play against the Steelers?"

Michael Strahan: "I think the Cowboys have to win this game from the standpoint that they have to learn if they can compete against the best. Because the last two games that they have won were against teams that aren't really that good. As much as the Cowboys like to say that they are back, and that T.O. is back in the offense, they still have to prove to themselves that they can beat a good team. Marion Barber's injury situation could be a factor. On top of that, you have to remember that Dallas has had problems protecting the quarterback. Here you have these two beasts at linebacker and a safety who is a freaking madman who loves to blitz. You know they are going to try to knock Tony Romo's head off. I don't know if Dallas is relentless enough for 60 minutes to keep those pass rushers off of Romo. I'm just not sure how good their offensive tackles are."

Czar: "So, it's up to the Dallas line to win? Isn't this a bad matchup for the Cowboys?"

Terry Bradshaw: "Pittsburgh cannot wait for Dallas to get there. "

MS: "I agree."

TB: "I tell you right now, they cannot wait for the Cowboys."

Curt Menefee: "You're going with the home team, then?"

TB: "All day long. The way they won in New England, you have no idea what that did for the Steelers. They are stoked. They feel like the rest of the season, right into the playoffs, that nobody can beat them. They are jacked up. They cannot wait for Dallas to get there. Trust me. They will get after Romo. They will blitz him and also spy him ... and if Barber cannot play, that means rookie Tashard Choice will be responsible for blitz pick-ups. If I know the Steelers, like I think I do, this could be a whipping."

Howie Long: "Those are two special linebackers in LaMarr Woodley and James Harrison."
TB: "Dick LeBeau does such a great job scheming that Pittsburgh defense. Romo better be ready. They will be coming from all sides. When he has single coverage on the outside, Romo better be quick with it and he better be accurate or it's going to be a long day."

Extreme

Benched
Reaction score
Cbz40;2463702 said:
Hell!! We might as well not even show up.:rolleyes:
lol, according to fox, you guys should have packed up and went home weeks ago :laugh2: This is the worst pregame crew on tv, with the exception of Strahan, who I think is great, and I used to hate him as a Giant.

26-17

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Extreme;2463704 said:
lol, according to fox, you guys should have packed up and went home weeks ago :laugh2: This is the worst pregame crew on tv, with the exception of Strahan, who I think is great, and I used to hate him as a Giant.

26-17

I think I'm beginning to agree w/ya.:)

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
I don't see anything said that couldn't be true given Dallas' performance to this point.

It's up to Dallas to prove them incorrect...seems to be too many people are in a bit of denial and a little thin skinned around here.

cowboyz

Reaction score
nah fox will be fine. it's the cowboys network almost.

TB just has to back his steelers. and michael strahan has to continue to question the cowboys because he's a giant.

howie will go with the defense, whether it's harrison or ware.

and jimmy will say go cowboys!, just hope he doesn't pick them to win

cbs though, will have the old school crowd and just bash the cowboys for their "glitz"

Mansta54

Reaction score
jackrussell;2463721 said:
I don't see anything said that couldn't be true given Dallas' performance to this point.

It's up to Dallas to prove them incorrect...seems to be too many people are in a bit of denial and a little thin skinned around here.

Denial and thin skinned about what? Since Romo's return the Boyz have played damn good ball winning 3 straight. Went on the road and physically ran the ball down the Foreskins throat and flatout manhandled 2 weak teams in Big D. The 49'er and Seahawk games weren't close and they shouldn't have been. If we played them close then I would be concerned but they beat that arse the way they were suppose to. Boyz fans are confident cause of the play of the team, I don't think anyone is in denial or thin skinned...

Don Corleone

Reaction score

What are you talking about man? The hate spews with no basis sometimes, and these shows are unbearable to watch. Dallas doesn't need to prove anything to anybody. They just need to win one game at a time.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
I have pretty much stopped watching all of the pregame shows. The only thing I watched them for was injury info and I can find that on the net.

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
Czar: "The math for the Cowboys to make the playoffs is not good. How do you expect them to play against the Steelers?" TRUE STATEMENT

Michael Strahan: "I think the Cowboys have to win this game from the standpoint that they have to learn if they can compete against the best. TRUE STATEMENT Because the last two games that they have won were against teams that aren't really that good.TRUE STATEMENT As much as the Cowboys like to say that they are back, and that T.O. is back in the offense, they still have to prove to themselves that they can beat a good team. TRUE STATEMENT Marion Barber's injury situation could be a factor. TRUE STATEMENT On top of that, you have to remember that Dallas has had problems protecting the quarterback. Here you have these two beasts at linebacker and a safety who is a freaking madman who loves to blitz.TRUE STATEMENT You know they are going to try to knock Tony Romo's head off. I don't know if Dallas is relentless enough for 60 minutes to keep those pass rushers off of Romo. I'm just not sure how good their offensive tackles are." TRUE STATEMENT

Czar: "So, it's up to the Dallas line to win? Isn't this a bad matchup for the Cowboys?"

TB: "All day long. The way they won in New England, you have no idea what that did for the Steelers. They are stoked. They feel like the rest of the season, right into the playoffs, that nobody can beat them. They are jacked up. TRUE STATEMENT They cannot wait for Dallas to get there. Trust me. They will get after Romo. They will blitz him and also spy him ... and if Barber cannot play, that means rookie Tashard Choice will be responsible for blitz pick-ups. TRUE STATEMENT If I know the Steelers, like I think I do, this could be a whipping."

Howie Long: "Those are two special linebackers in LaMarr Woodley and James Harrison."
TB: "Dick LeBeau does such a great job scheming that Pittsburgh defense. Romo better be ready. They will be coming from all sides. When he has single coverage on the outside, Romo better be quick with it and he better be accurate or it's going to be a long day." TRUE STATEMENT

So yes, if all of the above outlined in blue bothers you, you are thin skinnned. If all of the above outlined in blue is something you disagree with, you are in denial.

tiny tim

Reaction score
Alexander;2463696 said:

Czar: "The math for the Cowboys to make the playoffs is not good. How do you expect them to play against the Steelers?"

Michael Strahan: "I think the Cowboys have to win this game from the standpoint that they have to learn if they can compete against the best. Because the last two games that they have won were against teams that aren't really that good. As much as the Cowboys like to say that they are back, and that T.O. is back in the offense, they still have to prove to themselves that they can beat a good team. Marion Barber's injury situation could be a factor. On top of that, you have to remember that Dallas has had problems protecting the quarterback. Here you have these two beasts at linebacker and a safety who is a freaking madman who loves to blitz. You know they are going to try to knock Tony Romo's head off. I don't know if Dallas is relentless enough for 60 minutes to keep those pass rushers off of Romo. I'm just not sure how good their offensive tackles are."

TB: "All day long. The way they won in New England, you have no idea what that did for the Steelers. They are stoked. They feel like the rest of the season, right into the playoffs, that nobody can beat them. They are jacked up. They cannot wait for Dallas to get there. Trust me. They will get after Romo. They will blitz him and also spy him ... and if Barber cannot play, that means rookie Tashard Choice will be responsible for blitz pick-ups. If I know the Steelers, like I think I do, this could be a whipping."

TB: "Dick LeBeau does such a great job scheming that Pittsburgh defense. Romo better be ready. They will be coming from all sides. When he has single coverage on the outside, Romo better be quick with it and he better be accurate or it's going to be a long day."

When I first read this I did not think that this was something that they had allready said, but something that you thought they might will say before the game Tomorrow. When and where did they say all this?

irishline

Reaction score
They didn't say it... but the magic 8-ball predicts that this is what would be said

Alexander

Reaction score

I agree somewhat as this is a real test and yes there is a great deal of excessive optimism after beating three rather average to poor opponents.

But the way that imbecile Bradshaw is carrying on, we might as well just mail it in as there is no possible way we can beat them.

And all of this after beating a Patriots team last week. I watched that game several times and honestly it was turnovers that sealed the win, not to mention very bad drops by Randy Moss. There was no sort of domination at all. It was a fine effort by the Pittsburgh defense, but that was not present when they were playing teams like Indianapolis and the Giants. Their record against "better" teams is not that great. They have just as much to prove as we do IMO.

Alexander

Reaction score
tiny tim;2463743 said:
When I first read this I did not think that this was something that they had allready said, but something that you thought they might will say before the game Tomorrow. When and where did they say all this?

It was on the Fox Sports site.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
You seriously want to miss all that great analysis? [/tongue out of cheek]

Boysboy

Reaction score
Alexander;2463696 said:

Barber may not play, Pitt's D schemes are sick, the weather conditions are horrible with a very bad field, we're a pass-first team...

As much as I really hate to say it, did any of them say anything ground-breaking?

And besides, didn't all of the DMN writers(Archer, Cowlishaw, Goose, Watkins, etc) pick Pitt to win AND cover the spread?

Like I said, I hope they are ALL wrong, but not many favorable things are pointing our way.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Boysboy;2463767 said:
Barber may not play, Pitt's D schemes are sick, the weather conditions are horrible with a very bad field, we're a pass-first team...

As much as I really hate to say it, did any of them say anything ground-breaking?

And besides, didn't all of the DMN writers(Archer, Cowlishaw, Goose, Watkins, etc) pick Pitt to win AND cover the spread?

Like I said, I hope they are ALL wrong, but not many favorable things are pointing our way.

The problem I have is the one-sided reporting. OK, the Steelers have some postives, but what about Dallas? Our defense is much improved and the offense is hitting its stride. Pittsburgh has not faced an offense like this all year - yes that includes the Giants. Even the Dallas special teams are playing better now. But all we hear is how excellent the Steelers are and how the weather will be a factor. I don't want to take anything from Pittsburgh, but they have not done squat against a decent team all year and they will be affected by the weather and crappy field too. Pittsburgh is 3-3 at home in the last two Decembers. They can be beaten by a good team and the Cowboys are a good team. Now that's THE TRUTH.

As far as the local writers picking the opposition, what's new about that?

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
http://img119.*************/img119/7540/ch21thunov272008070553pzt1.jpg

Switz

Reaction score
On top of that, you have to remember that Dallas has had problems protecting the quarterback.

we do?

well yea a 40 year old QB who is a 5 step drop QB and can not get the ball more than 15 yards down field we have issue pass blocking for him...

the 90's cowboys would have issues pass blocking for him

Romo has only been sacked 8 times..

steelers will sack him tho..

its obvious Strhan does not wactch many cowboys games... or he would know this...

he is really an idiot.

they could pay me millions to make dumb comments like this... shot I would do it for 500K