I am officially no longer a "Sports" fan.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
I hate hearing about the NIT, March Madness and brackets and all of that. I can't stand Basketball anymore, the game is ruined.

Baseball bores the heck out of me anymore, and they show a bunch of spring traing highlights of guys who will more than likely not even be in the Majors when the season opens. To me it's just a big game of catch interupted occasionally by a hit ball.

Hockey, well, it's dead.

I honestly now only get into two sports and that is football and NASCAR.

I was really surprised to come to this realization. I just am not a sports fan anymore.

OK, not that anyone else cares but wanted to get that off my chest.
<End of rant>

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Watch NCAA Lacrosse if you get a chance the final four is shown every memorial day on ESPN good stuff by the way

They have a pro outdoor version now on ESPN2 during the spring. They have a shot clock to speed up the shots (I do not thin that is a bad thing because of how LaCrosse works) any ways just a suggestion

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
jacs said:
since Tiger Woods appeard :banghead:

A guy running around the lawn trying to knock a ball in a hole in the grounf with a crooked stick, all the while telling people that he needs quiet to do it, is not a sport. I wonder how good he would be with a 350 LB lineman bearing down on him while 85,000 people were screaming? Or maybe trying it at 200 MPH while the whole time knowing if you mess up you could die?

No my friend, it's not a sport. It's a hobby. :banghead: :banghead:

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
A guy running around the lawn trying to knock a ball in a hole in the grounf with a crooked stick, all the while telling people that he needs quiet to do it, is not a sport. I wonder how good he would be with a 350 LB lineman bearing down on him while 85,000 people were screaming? Or maybe trying it at 200 MPH while the whole time knowing if you mess up you could die?

Invariably, those who say that are 20 handicappers-- at best...

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
silverbear said:
Invariably, those who say that are 20 handicappers-- at best...

Hey Bear, I don't even pretend to be any good at it. I tried it and I stink up the joint. But to call it a sport it has to have three things.

1. Wildly cheering fans. -Strike one

2. The very real possibility of a serious injury occuring. - Strike 2 (No blisters don't count)

3. At least one even where the line is said, "Hey what are you doing for the Masters". - Strike 3

And when was the last time you have ever seen a bunch of young, hot looking golf groupies?

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
When did golf become a sport? Honestly. :rolleyes:

The last I checked, golfers could not ride carts and they didn't have a pit crew for them either.

Final Four is the greatest sporting event on the planet. The fact that you would even put it down is sacrareligious. Unlike college football, it is fair and everyone gets a shot. The best of the best compete.

Football is my favorite sport but nothing can replace March Madness. It's by far the best playoff series in any sport.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
I hate hearing about the NIT, March Madness and brackets and all of that. I can't stand Basketball anymore, the game is ruined.

Baseball bores the heck out of me anymore, and they show a bunch of spring traing highlights of guys who will more than likely not even be in the Majors when the season opens. To me it's just a big game of catch interupted occasionally by a hit ball.

Hockey, well, it's dead.

I was really surprised to come to this realization. I just am not a sports fan anymore.

<End of rant>

I feel ya Cajun. I love two sports....Football and HorseRacing. I can watch a football from start to finish, and I can spend all day at the track and all night at the barns, but I can't stand watching any other "sport" on TV or Live for that matter.

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:

hobby indeed i freaking hate golf and when i had espn i hated them showing lowlights

LatinG187

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:

Hockey, well, it's dead.

<End of rant>

The only two sports I follow is football & basketball,both the pros & college.I wanna ask why do you think that basketball is ruined?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Football (college and pro) are the only sports I watch on a regular basis.

When M.Jordan was first in the NBA I started watching basketball because he was just magical....so I rooted for him and the bulls...this was when the bulls were not contenders or at best they went to the playoffs...this was when the bad boys of Detroit ruled the roost.

After a few years the bulls became the best team in the NBA and ruled the roost but some of what I seen turned me against basketball.
The obvious special treatment that MJ got was bad enough, it got even worse when they got Rodman on the team...Many times rodman deserved to get foul calls against him or even for them to toss him...but there were also many times when he did nothing but look at a guy a certain way and they would toss him, meanwhile MJ would do things that should have gotten him fouls and they would not call them.

So even before the bulls ended their reign of championships I decided I could not even watch the sport any longer.

This continued until the mid 90's when WVU made it into the Tourny...I thought I would watch a game and then they would be done, but they had some great games and then exited in teh sweet 16 game.

Since that time I had never watched a basketball game until this year when WVU was in the Big East Tourny and now in the NCAA Tourny...I plan on watching them until they go all the way or lose.

Once that is over I will not watch basketball again until they or marshall get back to the dance.

I just can not follow it in the regular season as there are too many games.

I can not stand baseball...I have only watched one full game in my life and only then because I was watching it live in the Astrodome in Houston.
While in the Army one day they set it up for a field trip, they said you could go or stay on base and pull duty....I went lol.

I can not stand to watch Nascar.

I can only watch golf if I am visiting relatives and even then only in short spots before I have to go home or do something else.

Never have watched a hockey game and never intend to do so.

Can not watch soccer.

Nope...it is college and NFL football and once in a great while, tourny basketball if WVU or Marshall are playing.

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:

Perhaps it's just me, but I enjoy baseball, especially the minor leagues. Why not catch the unspoiled kids while they're trying to learn the game with dreams of the big leagues, it's not like they're 18 year olds that are already living the Pro life in the NBA, the minor leaguers have to prove themselves in smaller yards while learning the fundamentals of the game. True, most won't make the show and if they do it'll be for a cup of coffee, but in any sport if you have 4 minor league teams and a rookie team (125 players total before counting the majors) odds are 90% will fail. Still is fun to watch the guys develop into future players.

And I wonder what's worse - getting hit by a Warren Sapp or being the first to bat against Randy Johnson after your pitcher intentionally beaned one of their guys.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
I dont get Nascar. You can go down to LBJ and watch that ish all day for free.

I love Golf, love playing it, love watching it.

Love basketball, college and pro, love playing it especially, played 4 years of varsity B-Ball in HS.

Love football, college, pro, arena, etc.

The only sport I hate is hockey. MLB is ok every once in a while.

Hoov

Reaction score
I'm strictly a fan of pro football, anything else is just backround noise or conversation piece while im drinking a beer.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
LatinG187 said:
The only two sports I follow is football & basketball,both the pros & college.I wanna ask why do you think that basketball is ruined?

I just think all the talk of brackets and seeding and all are way too much and you have colleges that you know are never going to make it in all kinds of tournaments. As for the pro game, you just never know when a rumble is going to break out on the court, the stands or both.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:

Hockey, well, it's dead.

<End of rant>

Don't forget to mention boxing...

I grew up watching....Ali...Frazier...Foreman...Holmes....Leonard...Duran....Hearns...Hagler....Arguello...et al..

Uh..and now we have whom, Lennox Lewis???

Yikes...

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Don't forget to mention boxing...

I grew up watching....Ali...Frazier...Foreman...Holmes....Leonard...Duran....Hearns...Hagler....Arguello...et al..

Uh..and now we have whom, Lennox Lewis???

Yikes...

he retired and the Heavywieght class is overhyped and horrible and if you have HBO and if you didnt watch Morales vs Paquiao card atch it because all fights were awesome.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I'm an avid football fan but I do enjoy watching Astros Baseball but think the season last to long and I don't keep up with other MLB teams as I do in Football same goes for hockey I will watch the Dallas Star but again do not keep up with the other teams. Also enjoy watching NASCAR and PGA Golf. Hey it all helps me get through these long months while waiting for the return of Football.