I am ready to get toasted for this but for all the Garrett lovers.....

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
y'all need to slow down. This is the same coach who has kept us out of the playoffs 3 years in a row. This is the same coach that has no idea how to manage a game correctly regarding the situation. This is the same coach/offensive coordinator who's pass to run ratio was 65/35 his whole time as OC. This is the same guy who abandoned the run when it worked and forced the pass.
Oh, and for all of those who keep on saying "Garrett always wanted to build an offensive line", you could shove that. Remember two drafts ago when we traded back and got Fredrick and Williams, it was Garrett who looked like he was about to cry because we didn't sit put and take DT Sharif Floyd.
Now having said that, Garrett is finally what he should be, a walk around head coach who only has to worry about certain decisions. The guy does have his team ready and they respect him. He can win in this league but as its been proven the less on his plate, the better for both him and the team.
If you guys wanna give anyone credit it should go to Linehan. I still can not believe that this guy has stuck to the run. I will be the first to admit that I thought for sure his signing would be a failure just based on the fact that Stafford routinely threw for 45+passes a game. I give him all the credit for sticking with the run and he and the talent on the offensive line deserve all the credit. As we all have known and seen you could have the talent but you need the coach that knows how to use the talent.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
y'all need to slow down. This is the same coach who has kept us out of the playoffs 3 years in a row. This is the same coach that has no idea how to manage a game correctly regarding the situation.

You forgot the "he costs us 2 games a season"

Red Dragon

Reaction score
I don't disagree that Garrett remains a lucky coach, rather than a good one, but we're stuck. It's not like Jerry is going to fire Garrett mid-season.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
y'all need to slow down. This is the same coach who has kept us out of the playoffs 3 years in a row. This is the same coach that has no idea how to manage a game correctly regarding the situation. This is the same coach/offensive coordinator who's pass to run ratio was 65/35 his whole time as OC. This is the same guy who abandoned the run when it worked and forced the pass.
Oh, and for all of those who keep on saying "Garrett always wanted to build an offensive line", you could shove that. Remember two drafts ago when we traded back and got Fredrick and Williams, it was Garrett who looked like he was about to cry because we didn't sit put and take DT Sharif Floyd.
Now having said that, Garrett is finally what he should be, a walk around head coach who only has to worry about certain decisions. The guy does have his team ready and they respect him. He can win in this league but as its been proven the less on his plate, the better for both him and the team.
If you guys wanna give anyone credit it should go to Linehan. I still can not believe that this guy has stuck to the run. I will be the first to admit that I thought for sure his signing would be a failure just based on the fact that Stafford routinely threw for 45+passes a game. I give him all the credit for sticking with the run and he and the talent on the offensive line deserve all the credit. As we all have known and seen you could have the talent but you need the coach that knows how to use the talent.

slow down? many seem to be pretty fast when it comes to slamming coaches and players I never hear "Hey slow down" Garrett has the team playing very good ball and there is still a long ways to go. As for Linehan he is running the same offensive system that he and Garrett ran under Nick Saban in Miami. I credit Linehan and I credit Garrett for getting him with the Cowboys.

jrumann59

Reaction score

so who should be coaching the team?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
http://www.knowyourdallascowboys.com/2013/10/28/jason-garretts-signature-losses-piling-getting-old/

Not to mention the loss to NE a couple of years ago when he played super conservative and in 2010 Commanders the fumble before the half

Funny.....its actually more like 3 a year

Every single team, ever single year, loses games where fans can second guess the outcome of critical coaching decisions. There are exceptions to every rule, but, usually, this is not a coach 'losing games.' It's a coach getting put in a tough situation.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Every single team, ever single year, loses games where fans can second guess the outcome of critical coaching decisions. There are exceptions to every rule, but, usually, this is not a coach 'losing games.' It's a coach getting put in a tough situation.

Not true..........Freezing your own kicker is not second guessing. Calling a pass play at your own 20 yard line with 3 seconds on the clock before halftime is not second guessing......it should have never happened. Baltimore play clock isn't about second guessing.....its about not managing the clock(see attachment)
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...-mistakes-game-management-dallas-cowboys-loss

Now I can understand you don't go second guessing a 2nd and 7 in the third quarter of a game. Stuff like that I am with you. But second guessing decisions that should never happen like the Jets game isn't actually second guessing. It was idiotic of Garrett. I will never forget Lee intercepts the ball and is taken down at the 1 1/2 yard line and Garrett ran 3 straight pass plays, 2 from shotgun, the last one resulting in a Romo fumble. That is where second guessing isn't really second guessing.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not true..........Freezing your own kicker is not second guessing. Calling a pass play at your own 20 yard line with 3 seconds on the clock before halftime is not second guessing......it should have never happened. Baltimore play clock isn't about second guessing.....its about not managing the clock(see attachment)
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...-mistakes-game-management-dallas-cowboys-loss

Now I can understand you don't go second guessing a 2nd and 7 in the third quarter of a game. Stuff like that I am with you. But second guessing decisions that should never happen like the Jets game isn't actually second guessing. It was idiotic of Garrett. I will never forget Lee intercepts the ball and is taken down at the 1 1/2 yard line and Garrett ran 3 straight pass plays, 2 from shotgun, the last one resulting in a Romo fumble. That is where second guessing isn't really second guessing.

The icing his kicker thing is a good example. Icing doesn't work, and he didn't ice him, anyway. He called the TO his coordinator wanted, and then the kicker missed the kick. That's on the kicker and not the coach, and you don't want that going down any other way.

The Commander play call *is* second guessing. You don't know what the check was, and, anyway, it was the fumble and not the play call that got the team in trouble. It would have been no better a call if we'd called a run and Choice had coughed it up and let it get returned for a touch.

The Baltimore game was a legitimate mistake on his part in my opinion. So was the mishandling of the AZ game when we could have gotten closer for the fg and had time to do so. So was the play calling at the end of GB last year. The guy isn't without his mistakes. And some of his mistakes have obviously contributed to some close losses. That's not the same thing as saying he loses 2-3 games/year. In every one of those close losses you can point to a half dozen obvious mistakes or execution errors that also contributed to the game being closer than it should. Mistakes happen when you have 53 guys and a full coaching staff trying to win a football game. What's much, much more important is do you have a guy with the ability to execute his vision for the team over the long haul, and that's Jason Garrett's real strength.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
The icing his kicker thing is a good example. Icing doesn't work, and he didn't ice him, anyway. He called the TO his coordinator wanted, and then the kicker missed the kick. That's on the kicker and not the coach, and you don't want that going down any other way.

The Commander play call *is* second guessing. You don't know what the check was, and, anyway, it was the fumble and not the play call that got the team in trouble. It would have been no better a call if we'd called a run and Choice had coughed it up and let it get returned for a touch.

The Baltimore game was a legitimate mistake on his part in my opinion. So was the mishandling of the AZ game when we could have gotten closer for the fg and had time to do so. So was the play calling at the end of GB last year. The guy isn't without his mistakes. And some of his mistakes have obviously contributed to some close losses. That's not the same thing as saying he loses 2-3 games/year. In every one of those close losses you can point to a half dozen obvious mistakes or execution errors that also contributed to the game being closer than it should. Mistakes happen when you have 53 guys and a full coaching staff trying to win a football game. What's much, much more important is do you have a guy with the ability to execute his vision for the team over the long haul, and that's Jason Garrett's real strength.

Keep defending bad coaching and keep pretending he knows what he's doing. Bottom line is we have a head coach that year after year has single handedly kept us from going to the playoffs. It's a process, I just wish it was a process when we had no QB and a bad team like 2001-2005 and not when we had the QB and talent all these years to make something of ourselves.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
Garrett sucks because when we snap the ball with two seconds left, he should throw salt over his left shoulder to remove the curse.

that, and the icing the kicker thingy. boo Garrett! everyone knows these things, except Garrett, the moron

DFWJC

Reaction score
No idea what will happen long term with Garrett.

But Dallas had no business even being in the playoff hunt the last three years.
A certain QB drug them kicking and screaming into contention when they really had 5-11 or maybe 6-10 type teams....though the 2012 Washington game WAS ugly. :D