I am really wondering if McNabb can finish this

Woods

Reaction score
season out (and play respectably)?

Or maybe he really should just get his surgery done now?

At one point in the 4th quarter I almost felt sorry for the guy.

The dilemma the Eagles have is that if they let McNabb sit for 4-6 weeks, they could lose several more games and possibly the NFC East title.

On the other hand, the more hits McNabb takes now, will he even be effective come post-season?

You would think that every defense coordinator is going to come after McNabb with everything he has. Even when scrambling, McNabb is in pain.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Woods said:

The dilemma the Eagles have is that if they let McNabb sit for 4-6 weeks, they could lose several more games and possibly the NFC East title.

On the other hand, the more hits McNabb takes now, will he even be effective come post-season?

You would think that every defense coordinator is going to come after McNabb with everything he has. Even when scrambling, McNabb is in pain.

It did not seem to hurt him in his last 3 games where he passed for 342,365 and 369. Yesterday Dallas just kicked the crud out of him no excuses for McNabb

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I think he aggravated the injury 2nd half on that play where he was chased to sideline.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Woods said:

You are so alone.

Eskimo

Reaction score
They were talking about a recovery period of 8-12 weeks after the surgery which means he would return to the field around playoff time if he had the surgery now. If they were going to go this route, they should have done it when they first discovered the problem about 3 weeks ago. My guess is that he continues to try and tough it out the remainder of the season - don't know how effective he will be. Right now he has a big bullseye on him and every DC in the league is going to try and go after him like they never have before.

The best thing Philly could probably do for McNabb is try and establish a reliable running game. That would take some heat off of him.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Eskimo said:
The best thing Philly could probably do for McNabb is try and establish a reliable running game. That would take some heat off of him.
yeah, and astonishing how few rush attempts they tried yesterday..what was it? 19?

Duane

Reaction score
Eskimo said:
They were talking about a recovery period of 8-12 weeks after the surgery which means he would return to the field around playoff time if he had the surgery now. If they were going to go this route, they should have done it when they first discovered the problem about 3 weeks ago. My guess is that he continues to try and tough it out the remainder of the season - don't know how effective he will be. Right now he has a big bullseye on him and every DC in the league is going to try and go after him like they never have before.

I agree but Westbrook isn't a guy you hand the ball off to 30 times a game and their backups leave a lot to be desired.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Eskimo said:

Bryan Cox on FoxSports said that friends of his in the NFL said it takes a full year to feel "right" again after that type of surgery for a sports hernia...

BigTex

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
It did not seem to hurt him in his last 3 games where he passed for 342,365 and 369. Yesterday Dallas just kicked the crud out of him no excuses for McNabb

Doom, you make a good point but they were playing San Fran, Oak, and KC, these teams are not known for the defenses. Maybe some of the worst in the league, agree?

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
I may not like McNabb but he's as tough as they come and expect him to play as long as he feels he can.

1fisher

Reaction score
Da Hammer said:
I may not like McNabb but he's as tough as they come and expect him to play as long as he feels he can.

......but if he's holding the team back then he should take a few weeks of and get the surgery...... I don't feel sorry for him at all......

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Well so far he hasn't hurt the team, yesterday the Cowboys just manhandled him. Now if he keeps playing like he did yesterday then your right he should sit out.

BlueWave

Reaction score
trickblue said:
Bryan Cox on FoxSports said that friends of his in the NFL said it takes a full year to feel "right" again after that type of surgery for a sports hernia...

No need, you have a man right here who went through it, because my hernia became infected. I had the surgery in Feb 2003. I couldn't even go back to work until Apr 2003. I was off and on sore until summer 2004. I became completely recovered and resumed full sports participation at 100% level in Feb of 2005 (this year). But, of course I don't have the trainers or medicine and after surgery care McNabb will get. But there is no way he returns in 4 to 6 weeks, not a chance at all. He will be lucky to even play again this year.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
BigTex said:
Doom, you make a good point but they were playing San Fran, Oak, and KC, these teams are not known for the defenses. Maybe some of the worst in the league, agree?

They were playing NFL teams and McNabb played very good so good that all the pre-game shows drooled over him and how tough he was. Well the boy got this butt handed to him yesterday and like I said no excuses just as Dallas has never been given an excuse because of an injury. If he is hurt then he needs to sit his ars down if he is healthy enough to play then play but sorry not buying any excuses about McNabb.

BARRYRAY

Reaction score
Still think he should have had it done, he's not right, you can see it, it will wear him down as the season goes on, teams will hit him and make him run, they have no ground game at all, it will catch up with them, this is not the same team it was a year ago, hate to see the guy playing hurt, he's just not dynamic, but then again it's Phileadelphia, there time has passed...