I believe I know one of the sources of Arods domination

IheartRomo

Reaction score
Greatest Thrower of the football ever...The first time I saw him was at old Tampa stadium in his first year starting. I was sitting in the end zone and saw him make a throw that as soon as he released it i thought uh oh that is a pick, he fit it through the smallest window possible for a long pass to Greg Jennings. I went home and watched teh replay and saw again just how perfect that pass had to be to make the completion. he has been doing that every year since then. If you can get over your biases and hate for the guy and just watch him play QB, he does things nobody else does. He is the coach on the field. If a play is designed to run a certain way he will tweak it to get the best opportunity for his players to make a play. He did that last year against the Rams in the playoffs. I just shake my head watching him because he really is amazing.

Agreed - for me, he’s the best QB I’ve ever seen play and that includes Brady. Like you said, he’s capable of things that one else has ever been capable of. He’s remarkable.

Id love for a quarter century of demons to be exorcised for this team to take him down this year.

Hayseed

Reaction score
I wouldn’t be looking past San Francisco.
Im not,....believe you me. But I also cant sit and talk about it continuous either. Its show time. Time to play the game and let the chips fall as they may.

Cowboys 27

Niners 23

BTW....I also think the reason they are most likely going to start Joseph this game is because he is damn physical for a corner. Gonna need THAT in this game.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Greatest Thrower of the football ever...The first time I saw him was at old Tampa stadium in his first year starting. I was sitting in the end zone and saw him make a throw that as soon as he released it i thought uh oh that is a pick, he fit it through the smallest window possible for a long pass to Greg Jennings. I went home and watched teh replay and saw again just how perfect that pass had to be to make the completion. he has been doing that every year since then. If you can get over your biases and hate for the guy and just watch him play QB, he does things nobody else does. He is the coach on the field. If a play is designed to run a certain way he will tweak it to get the best opportunity for his players to make a play. He did that last year against the Rams in the playoffs. I just shake my head watching him because he really is amazing.
Rodgers is one of the greatest, no doubt. Only has 2 seasons where he has thrown 10 or more interceptions, he just rarely turns the ball over.

Hayseed

Reaction score
Hand-size is used to sort QBs pre-draft. Brees and Wilson have abnormally large hands for the height, which may be why they can play/played in a league that doesn't have many shorter QBs.
I was the leader of the draft TJ Watt train a few years back. As we know,....hand usage is a massive deal when it comes to rushing the passer. You know who had the biggest hands in the whole draft that year? Yep.....TJ Watt.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
Progressive_Commercial_Dr_Rick.jpg

OK, enough talk about hands.

GINeric

Reaction score
I've always noticed how good Rodgers was, quickly throwing the ball to his receivers before the defender turn their heads around and GB always get a quick 10 to 15 yards every time.

I also noticed, that Rodgers would check down to his runningback for an easy 5 yards a pop passes. He'll do that six or seven times straight, next thing you know, they're inside the opponents redzone very quickly.

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
I know, we are playing the Niners this weekend,...but we may just being seeing Green Bay in the not so distant future. Hear me out on this as crazy as it may sound. So I live a couple hours from GB so I am forced to watch those guys all the time while waiting for the Cowboys game to come on. Gives me a chance to have a new 2nd favorite team every week! Have watched then a TON! IMO ARod has a frikkin grip like a steel vice. Been watching this game a long time and I have NEVER seen another QB hold onto the football while getting DRILLED like he does. I have seen that guy hold on while getting hit from behind and never seeing it coming more times than I cant count,....arm hanging out there in the wild blue yonder, absolutely smashed from behind and the damn ball never as much as moves a fraction of an inch. Are there times he has fumbled? Hell yeah there are. But way more often than not the ball never moves.

I believe that vice like grip of his is a big reason why he has such pin point accuracy, even on the run. I cant stand the guy, but its TRUE. That guy can drop a ball in the smallest of spaces on the run or not. I think that grip gives him amazing control over the ball. Having said all that,....I have no idea how to exploit it as I am in no way in favor of any dirty play. I dont believe in it at all. But if Our pass rushers can get around an edge and try and take a swipe at that throwing hand in an effort to get him to fumble even though he rarely does? Yep...by all means DO IT! Swipe that hand and take him down,...HARD,...but legally.
Brother it doesn’t matter.

if we face rodgers we will lose.

perrykemp

Reaction score

I also noticed, that Rodgers would check down to his running-back for an easy 5 yards a pop passes. He'll do that six or seven times straight, next thing you know, they're inside the opponents redzone very quickly.

For most of his career Rodgers wouldn't take the check-down. He'd run around forever out of the pocket trying to get a mid or long play. It's only when LaFleur showed up did Rodgers start taking the check-downs... something Brady has been totally comfortable with his entire career.

Anybody remember Rodgers in 2017 and 2018, it was constant bolting from the pocket, holding onto the ball, etc, etc.

shabazz

Reaction score
We don't have to worry about playing the Packers.

But if your theory on forearm strength is true I would have been the greatest QB of all time.

well, you know what they say builds up that particular muscle group.......blindness and hair growth in the palm may only be days away. Give it hell!

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Arod is about to become Aroid.....funny how the league allows guys to shoot up pain meds...but poo poos...other things.

As far as I'm concerned...his 2021-22 MVP* will always have a huge *

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Arod is about to become Aroid.....funny how the league allows guys to shoot up pain meds...but poo poos...other things.

As far as I'm concerned...his 2021-22 MVP* will always have a huge *

From the President of the AA-Ron Haters Fan Club. I am sure there have been a Cowboy player or thousand that have had to shoot up pain meds. I am sure you were leading the charge to have it done away with then too. :rolleyes: