I Can Explain Today

Zman5

Reaction score
JG needs to dig deeper and come up with a better pregame speech for next week. And the week after that and so on and so on. We are few speeches away from winning the SB. Yeyee.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
The season is a different matter.

Today we played up to our potential. We are that talented.

The question now is what happens next. Most haven't the foggiest. Me included.

We've been here before, with Teams that had a lot of potential but failed to live up to it. The question always is can the talent overcome a lack of good coaching. Sometimes sure, but every week?

Aven8

Reaction score
We would if we had that HC that knew this kind of stuff. Anyone doubt a good HC no matter the talent? That’s always been the problem. Each week, no matter our talent, we have no clue what’s going to happen because our HC.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
I have a theory. This was a game things went right. There was no adversity in the form of turnovers or miscues. Garrett can win in this kind of a situation. But does not have the skill or the know how to help us when things are going less than perfect.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
The team is not needing the newest genius schemes. Today showed the problem has NOT been X’s and O’s It’s been the players focusing in and doing their job.

Today they executed, didn’t turn the ball over or miss tackles.

kskboys

Reaction score
I have a theory. This was a game things went right. There was no adversity in the form of turnovers or miscues. Garrett can win in this kind of a situation. But does not have the skill or the know how to help us when things are going less than perfect.
That is a sound theory. I think it's spot on.

Also, running game was working. Makes everything work.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
That is a sound theory. I think it's spot on.

Also, running game was working. Makes everything work.
Yep, and we saw from the Indy game from last year that when facets of the offense isn’t working the offense just rolls over and shuts down. Seen the same all year.

nobody

Reaction score
Not abandoning the run helps, too. Look at the Time of Possession. The offense did it's job, so the defense didn't get exhausted. Amazing how that works :)

Mobinvans

Reaction score
Well Garrett is a garbage coach so I wouldnt cant on much beyond this win

leeblair

Reaction score
The season is a different matter.

The question now is what happens next. Most haven't the foggiest. Me included.
The Cowboys are a mirror image of the Rams in many ways.
They have speed for defense and at the skilled positions, and neither is strong at the defensive line.
But the Cowboys have a better offensive line.
Usually their opponents are better coached at head coach, but McVay lets Phillips have his way on defense.
Phillips let his defensive line be destroyed by the Cowboys offensive line because he didn't want to commit extra men to stop the run.
Add in the costly mistakes and missed opportunities the Rams had early, and it was too much to overcome.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

The Buccaneers put 55 on the Rams in LA. Are they that talented?

The Falcons went into San Fran and beat the Niners today. Does that mean the 49ers suck?

It's the NFL. People overreact every week.

kskboys

Reaction score
The Buccaneers put 55 on the Rams in LA. Are they that talented?

The Falcons went into San Fran and beat the Niners today. Does that mean the 49ers suck?

It's the NFL. People overreact every week.
Both teams have been playing below their potential, yes.

SSGMIKE

Reaction score
The team is not needing the newest genius schemes. Today showed the problem has NOT been X’s and O’s It’s been the players focusing in and doing their job.

Today they executed, didn’t turn the ball over or miss tackles.

Disagree - They actually mix it up today with the running scheme with Pollard and Zeke in the backfield together, more motions and some reverse.

Plus - D didn't give the same old look everytime and actually got some turnovers by playing physical with man to man, which gave the offense more opportunity to score

kskboys

Reaction score
Disagree - They actually mix it up today with the running scheme with Pollard and Zeke in the backfield together, more motions and some reverse.

Plus - D didn't give the same old look everytime and actually got some turnovers by playing physical with man to man, which gave the offense more opportunity to score
That's pretty similar to what I thought I saw. It was different. It wasn't just execution or more effort, it was different.