I can't believe Parcells just said...

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
that Drew Rosenhaus is one of the classiest people in the NFL.

Wow.

I love BP but that one is WAY off base.

Rosenhaus personifies all that is CLASS-LESS.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
yeah, that shocked me too. But BP had a point. Self made man, works by himself with maybe 1 or 2 assistants.

Granted, I wouldn't went as far as bill by saying he is classy, but maybe he was just tired of people picking on rosenhaus over the last few months.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:

Wow.

I didn't here classiest, but I heard respects him very much. He's self made and has an office with 2 people. Has the most clients in th eNFL, and he always answers his phone.

CowboyWay

Reaction score
He said it. Trust me. I almost fell off my chair.

Cowboy from New York

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:

Wow.

The difference in perspective from we fans looking in from the outside and a guy who has worked with Rosenhaus face to face before and more importantly, the organization will have to deal with Rosenhaus in the future, probably on some TO crap but also with other clients of his.

CowboyWay

Reaction score
I could really use the ticket not butting in every 14 seconds with ...."You're listening to Bill Parcells on 1310 the ticket"...................

1. I know what radio station I"m listening too.

2. I couldn't care less.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
The problem is that for a guy like Rosenhaus, the owners hate him because he drives a good, hard bargain. The owners will then complain to the media and the media eats it up because it's access they usually don't get.

I've been a Rosenhaus apologist for years. He gets so many clients because he consistently strikes good deals for them, he outworks the other agents, and he takes HALF the commission that other agents do from players.

Where he runs into problems is that so many of his clients are guys that are greatly underpaid playing under their rookie contract. Rosenhaus wants to get a fair deal (I don't recall him ever breaking a team's bank with his demands) and when he doesn't get that fair deal, he'll tell his client to hold out of preseason only to return during the regular season. Outside of Eric Rhett, I don't ever recall him having a client hold out during the regular season. It doesn't help him to do so since he only makes money when his clients are making money. Furthermore, he incurs quite a bit of expense in order to treat and acquire the player to be a client of his.

He's not in the same galaxy as the Postons or in MLB's case, Scott Boras.

Rich..........

JIGGYFLY

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:

Wow.

Rosenhaus personifies all that is CLASS-LESS
Not trying to start a flame war but what has he done to be considered classless
represent TO ?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:

Wow.

I don't like Rosenhaus either, but to be fair, we've never dealt with him in a one on one conversation. All we know is what we see on TV.

That hair certainly doesn't help his persona though.

Kittymama

Benched
Reaction score
I'll start by saying I can't stand the guy. That being said, some respected writers (like King) have said that Rosenmouth is actually a pretty good agent, teams like him (Philly continues to have several of his players on their team), & that he's a good agent. He came off looking like a total jerk & cariacature during the infamous TO "next question" PC, but that's according to people "in the know."

Of course, many of the Dallas media will also say that they think Parcells is a big jerk, so perhaps there's a reason he likes Rosenmouth! :D

VoR

Reaction score
BP said Rosenhaus has never lied to him and that's not always the case with agents in the NFL.

I'll trust that.

gbrittain

Reaction score
Did I hear that Drew R saved some kids life? Do not remember the details, but if that is true it has to count for something.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
gbrittain said:
Did I hear that Drew R saved some kids life? Do not remember the details, but if that is true it has to count for something.

That is true......save a kid from drowning. Happened last Summer..Fall ??

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
gbrittain said:

Yep. An athletic looking kid 'bout 16 was swimming laps, got tired and started to drown. Rosenhaus tossed him two stacks of business cards and the kid floated to safety.:)

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Say what you will about Rosenhaus, but make no mistake, he is the best agent going right now.

Cromartie and Allen should thank their lucky stars that Rosenhaus pimped McGahee into a first round pick and then McGahee panned out else they go the Terrel Davis second day route.

gbrittain

Reaction score
thats7 said:
Yep. An athletic looking kid 'bout 16 was swimming laps, got tired and started to drown. Rosenhaus tossed him two stacks of business cards and the kid floated to safety.:)

:lmao2: :lmao: :bow:

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:

Wow.

I give Rosenhaus lots of credit for how he handled McGhehee...he singlehandedly made that guy a first round pick after the terrible knee injury..

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
He is a GREAT agent.
That is seperate from "class".
Some people are great salesmen. Lawyers. Athletes. etc. That has nothing to do with "class".

If you have ever seen (heard) this guy speak then you should know what I mean. He's a painted-smile car salesman-type hustler...
only with higher priced (paid) clientelle.

His antics last year on television with T.O. numerous times showed his true colors and only emphasized his phony persona.