I cant believe what i am reading here.

cwbyfn1957

Reaction score
Everyone has a right to their opinion, and to express it here, but....
I cannot believe the Romo bashing i have been reading on this board.
Alot of ya'll are forgetting this is only his 2nd year to start(plus 10 games in 2006).
I can give him credit for maybe 2 Turnovers yesterday. The 1st Int i believe was on TO, but there is no way to know that, so i put it on him. The 2nd one also.
But the Fumble was NOT a Fumble, IMHO. The Ref's blew that call and blew the Replay also. Did ya'll notice how they just looked at each other thru most of the game, afraid to make a call one way or another?
Also, Witten said immediatly the 3rd Int for the score was his fault, and said it again after the game. Said Romo put it right where it was supposed to be, but he(Witten) slipped and it got picked off.
That last pass of the Game, i admit, i dont know where that was supposed to go.
I may be sipping the Blue and Silver Kool-Aid, but i think Romo will be fine.Yes, i cuss him when he makes stupid throws and throws idiotic Int's. :banghead:
But not many other QB's could have moved around, avoiding a sack,and made that throw to Owens for the TD.
I just hope like Hell he doesnt have the bad luck Danny White did.
:starspin

Hoov

Reaction score
cwbyfn1957;2475436 said:
Alot of ya'll are forgetting this is only his 2nd year to start(plus 10 games in 2006).
I can give him credit for maybe 2 Turnovers yesterday. The 1st Int i believe was on TO, but there is no way to know that, so i put it on him. The 2nd one also.
But the Fumble was NOT a Fumble, IMHO. The Ref's blew that call and blew the Replay also. Did ya'll notice how they just looked at each other thru most of the game, afraid to make a call one way or another?
Also, Witten said immediatly the 3rd Int for the score was his fault, and said it again after the game. Said Romo put it right where it was supposed to be, but he(Witten) slipped and it got picked off.
I may be sipping the Blue and Silver Kool-Aid, but i think Romo will be fine.Yes, i cuss him when he makes stupid throws and throws idiotic Int's. :banghead:
But not many other QB's could have moved around, avoiding a sack,and made that throw to Owens for the TD.
You'll learn to just avoid some threads, especially after a tough loss. everyone's entitled to express their oppinion but not everyone is accurate in their assessments.

Boysboy

Reaction score
cwbyfn1957;2475436 said:

Brad Sham said that there's a big communication problem with the receiving unit. No, not just #81, but the entire unit in terms of running routes and getting lined up.

He also said that the Boys defense giving up the game tieing TD to Pitt was a communication failure in coverages, NOT Wade playing prevent.

Obviously, this team lacks communication and details.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I was shocked when I got on here and every post was fire Wade.

I thought for sure everyone saw Tony Romo single handedly lose this game.

I love Tony and games like that just sometimes happen.

Boysboy

Reaction score
CATCH17;2475481 said:
I was shocked when I gotnl on here and every post was fire Wade.

I thought for sure everyone saw Tony Romo single handedly lose this game.

I love Tony and games like that just sometimes happen.

You missed all the "I'm DONE with TO" threads today.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
It's called misplaced anger. Garrett flys away under the radar, again...

SinCityMex

angry1
Reaction score
I agree 100% we are still a young team we need to learn from games like that Romo is the real deal give him a chance.

WG5516

Reaction score
Yeah I feel u man. Just stay out of certain threads. Folks should be thankful we have this guy as I QB. Funny how just a few weeks ago we were begging for him to return now, they want to get rid of him completely. Don't worry about it man, folks are always going to have stuff to say.

CactusCowboy

Benched
Reaction score
cwbyfn1957;2475436 said:

This statement is not true. If you say something the mods don't like, you get berated, happens all the time. You must do and say what is expected of you, plain and simple.

cowboyrock

Benched
Reaction score
O give me a break. staying out of threads wont change the fact that Romo is a loser. the guy chokes in big games.PERIOD!

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
cwbyfn1957;2475436 said:

Romo is a great player, w/o question. We are nowhere near as good a team w/o him as we are with him. However he does have a propensity to turn the ball over. Romo had one of the worst days any QB has had against Pitt's defense this yr. Granted they have a very good defense, but Romo's game rating was under 45, and Pitts QB rating against for the season is almost 67, and was probably around 70 before yesterdays game. Even rookie QB Joe Flacco and the lowly Ryan Fitzpatrick had int free games against Pitt.

It sux and its something he has to overcome, but the fact is he has not been very good in December/January in either of his two seasons as a starter, and yesterday was more of the same. Its not ALL his fault, but at some point you have to quit forcing the ball to one guy and just throw to the guy/s that do come open.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
I pretty much expect this type of thing. We win and people want to put Romo in the MVP talk. We lose and its time to cut him.

cwbyfn1957

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2475522 said:
You must be new. ;)
No, i've been reading the board for a couple of years now. I enjoy the banter, but just got frustrated with all the Romo bashing. He deserves some of it, i agree, but come on, we could have Brad Johnson full time!

Givincer

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2475522 said:
You must be new. ;)

:laugh2:

Exactly what I was thinking.

Even having read these forums for so long, the stupidity that takes place after a loss is still something to behold, though, I think. It's entertaining, at least.

BHendri5

Reaction score
all those INTs were on Romo. If you notice everytime he throws an Int it is right to the DBs, the Receivers never have a chance to break up the INt.

He tried to be slick and to catch Ike with his head turned, but Ike got his head around in time to pick the pass, anyway that pass would have hit him in the helmit if he had not turned around, it was a pass that was off target and late.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;2475695 said:
I pretty much expect this type of thing. We win and people want to put Romo in the MVP talk. We lose and its time to cut him.

tony does not have the mindset yet to be a championship qb.

will he get there.?..maybe.

it's one thing to have fun and all...but he needs to be more of a leader and not clown around so much.

stay focused on the damn game and learn from your mistakes and quit forcing the damn ball.

he likes the limelight too much. just my opinion.

i like tony... but he could be a complete qb with a little more effort.

landryscorner

Reaction score
Boysboy;2475476 said:
Brad Sham said that there's a big communication problem with the receiving unit. No, not just #81, but the entire unit in terms of running routes and getting lined up.

He also said that the Boys defense giving up the game tieing TD to Pitt was a communication failure in coverages, NOT Wade playing prevent.

Obviously, this team lacks communication and details.

This late in the season???? wow just .....wow

landryscorner

Reaction score
lane;2475733 said:
tony does not have the mindset yet to be a championship qb.

will he get there.?..maybe.

it's one thing to have fun and all...but he needs to be more of a leader and not clown around so much.

stay focused on the damn game and learn from your mistakes and quit forcing the damn ball.

he likes the limelight too much. just my opinion.

i like tony... but he could be a complete qb with a little more effort.

Thing about Tony is he hasn't been with the Cowboys that long as a starter, so he hasn't been waiting as long as we have for a SB...makes a big difference...