I cant believe what i am reading here.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
CowboyFan74;2475489 said:
It's called misplaced anger. Garrett flys away under the radar, again...

Yup. He was the most apparent weakness yesterday. His play calling was predictable, non adjusting and certainly lacking creativity. I'm tired of seeing our WR's catch a pass and the opposing defender is right there on our WR's heels. Every catch, not even a yard off. This is supposed to be a timing offense and the only perfect timing I'm seeing when we're on offense is the oppositions defenders.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
landryscorner;2475975 said:
Thing about Tony is he hasn't been with the Cowboys that long as a starter, so he hasn't been waiting as long as we have for a SB...makes a big difference...

I think Tony is top 3 at his position on most days. The problem with Tony is that he wins a SB every time he splits that blonde's uprights. He looks at football as a game, which it is, but to win a SB you need to be possessed or at least the rest around you need to be. Jay Ratliff is possessed, I think Witten and Ware are also. T.O is 50/50 but more so on himself. Tony did not look like he was starving to win that game yesterday and that seems to be common during most big games.

This is Tony's 3rd year starting and he's been in the league for 6 years now. The guys a veteran and supposed to be the leader of this team. I'm sick of hearing these sugar coaters tell people how he's still green. The guy's 28 and should be in the prime of his career, which he definitely is. He's already been to 2 probowls and will probably make his 3rd in a row. You grant him that stature when it's pro bowl and contract time but when he stinks we make excuses about his playing. The guy is a top 3 talent with serious weapons at every skill position on the offensive side of the ball. We need results, focus, hunger and clutch play during the biggest games. We don't need excuses and sugar coating rational.

Landry has a point, Tony doesn't feel the urgency and that's astonishing because there is more urgency to win now than as far back as I can remember. Yesterday he stunk and could have just managed the game to a win in the 4th but didn't, but Garrett stunk worse. I really think Tony did his best, eventhough his decisions were poor, but our game plan was so predictable and non adjusting that Tony really wasn't in a great position to succeed against a defense that not only forces errors but capitalizes on them. Garrett needed to take it to them before LeBeau had them dictate and take it to us. We struck absolutely no fear in that defense with all the weapons we have. Those corners were not tested at all and when our WR's caught the ball they were right there instantly to challenge the ball like they knew exactly where itl was going.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
Boysboy;2475476 said:
Brad Sham said that there's a big communication problem with the receiving unit. No, not just #81, but the entire unit in terms of running routes and getting lined up.

He also said that the Boys defense giving up the game tieing TD to Pitt was a communication failure in coverages, NOT Wade playing prevent.

Obviously, this team lacks communication and details.

This is why I get frustrated. Babe Laufenberg said the same thing, especially in regards to the Offense being set up correctly prior to each play. We obviously have people who aren't on the same page, and Romo is trying to get everyone on the same page with 4 seconds left in the play clock.

He simply doesn't need to be doing this sort of thing. He needs to be focusing on the upcoming play.

Yet our coaching staff feels its ok to give the players friday, saturday, sunday, and tuesday off.

I simply don't get it.

GY78

Reaction score
cwbyfn1957;2475436 said:
Everyone has a right to their opinion, and to express it here, but....
I cannot believe the Romo bashing i have been reading on this board.
Alot of ya'll are forgetting this is only his 2nd year to start(plus 10 games in 2006).
I can give him credit for maybe 2 Turnovers yesterday. The 1st Int i believe was on TO, but there is no way to know that, so i put it on him. The 2nd one also.
But the Fumble was NOT a Fumble, IMHO. The Ref's blew that call and blew the Replay also. Did ya'll notice how they just looked at each other thru most of the game, afraid to make a call one way or another?
Also, Witten said immediatly the 3rd Int for the score was his fault, and said it again after the game. Said Romo put it right where it was supposed to be, but he(Witten) slipped and it got picked off.
That last pass of the Game, i admit, i dont know where that was supposed to go.
I may be sipping the Blue and Silver Kool-Aid, but i think Romo will be fine.Yes, i cuss him when he makes stupid throws and throws idiotic Int's. :banghead:
But not many other QB's could have moved around, avoiding a sack,and made that throw to Owens for the TD.
I just hope like Hell he doesnt have the bad luck Danny White did.
:starspin

:lmao2:

Batman

Reaction score
AKATheRake;2476009 said:
I think Tony is top 3 at his position on most days. The problem with Tony is that he wins a SB every time he splits that blonde's uprights. He looks at football as a game, which it is, but to win a SB you need to be possessed or at least the rest around you need to be. Jay Ratliff is possessed, I think Witten and Ware are also. T.O is 50/50 but more so on himself. Tony did not look like he was starving to win that game yesterday and that seems to be common during most big games.

This is Tony's 3rd year starting and he's been in the league for 6 years now. The guys a veteran and supposed to be the leader of this team. I'm sick of hearing these sugar coaters tell people how he's still green. The guy's 28 and should be in the prime of his career, which he definitely is. He's already been to 2 probowls and will probably make his 3rd in a row. You grant him that stature when it's pro bowl and contract time but when he stinks we make excuses about his playing. The guy is a top 3 talent with serious weapons at every skill position on the offensive side of the ball. We need results, focus, hunger and clutch play during the biggest games. We don't need excuses and sugar coating rational.

Landry has a point, Tony doesn't feel the urgency and that's astonishing because there is more urgency to win now than as far back as I can remember. Yesterday he stunk and could have just managed the game to a win in the 4th but didn't, but Garrett stunk worse. I really think Tony did his best, eventhough his decisions were poor, but our game plan was so predictable and non adjusting that Tony really wasn't in a great position to succeed against a defense that not only forces errors but capitalizes on them. Garrett needed to take it to them before LeBeau had them dictate and take it to us. We struck absolutely no fear in that defense with all the weapons we have. Those corners were not tested at all and when our WR's caught the ball they were right there instantly to challenge the ball like they knew exactly where itl was going.

Romo needed to hit the WRs more. Owens and Williams are both 6'3" and will create size mismatches in almost every game. The only good pass Romo threw all game was the one where Owens was allowed to use his size to grab that TD catch. Owens and Williams are both big, strong physical WRs, let them use that. There would be a lot of QBs that would love to have two 6'3" WRs on both sides of the field. I can only imagine what a Manning, Brady or some of the other QBs could do with that!

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hoov;2475453 said:
You'll learn to just avoid some threads, especially after a tough loss. everyone's entitled to express their oppinion but not everyone is accurate in their assessments.

Hoov, I agree that avoiding some of these threads is best after a tough loss, and that everyone's entitled to their opinion. This doesn't mean that we shouldn't collectively try to keep this board a smart place for measured football discussion. The knee-jerk overreaction is going to happen, but it can be kept in check if enough posters confront it when they see it and keep the hysterical in line.

Suggesting we cut Romo and questioning Barber's toughness are examples of this. Those opinions are too stupid to be left standing by a legitimate fan base, and they're not interesting discussion points.

Posters who come in here to express extreme opinions better be able to back it up with smart evidence, or they should get shouted down. This place needs to be a welcoming place for Cowboys fans of all shapes and sizes, but coming into the clubhouse to throw a tantrum, break the furniture and poop on the rug isn't civil and doesn't need to be treated gently. This is just my opinion.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Boysboy;2475476 said:
Brad Sham said that there's a big communication problem with the receiving unit. No, not just #81, but the entire unit in terms of running routes and getting lined up.

He also said that the Boys defense giving up the game tieing TD to Pitt was a communication failure in coverages, NOT Wade playing prevent.

Obviously, this team lacks communication and details.

Communication failure leading to a loss or Wade playing prevent defense leading to a loss.......what's the difference.........it's still bad coaching either way.