I can't click or use any of emoticons

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
OR QuickReply etc. Any of the mods etc can explain why? Seems like ever since the upgrade I have been having problems. Do I have to perhaps log off and log in to the zone?

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RCowboyFan said:
OR QuickReply etc. Any of the mods etc can explain why? Seems like ever since the upgrade I have been having problems. Do I have to perhaps log off and log in to the zone?

A few weeks ago you did not agree with a point I made...so now it is PAYBACK TIME!!!! :D

Ok ...just kidding...try this,

Juke and Trick.

Goto the UserCP...click on Edit options link on the left.

Scroll down towards the bottom in the Miscellaneous Options / Message Editor Interface section.

In the drop down menu there what option is marked?

If Standard Editor option is marked...try using the Enhanced Interface option.....if the enhanced is already in use, try switching to the Standard.

A few others have had similar problems and that change helped them out....they were all using firefox so I am not sure if you are using that or IE.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
A few weeks ago you did not agree with a point I made...so now it is PAYBACK TIME!!!! :D

Ok ...just kidding...try this,

Juke and Trick.

Goto the UserCP...click on Edit options link on the left.

Scroll down towards the bottom in the Miscellaneous Options / Message Editor Interface section.

In the drop down menu there what option is marked?

If Standard Editor option is marked...try using the Enhanced Interface option.....if the enhanced is already in use, try switching to the Standard.

A few others have had similar problems and that change helped them out....they were all using firefox so I am not sure if you are using that or IE.
I knew it was you, that was upto something :D No, BP, none of that helped. I tried logging out and in. And I do use IE for CowboysZone, although Firefox is other browser I use, but not for this site. Seems like something wrong some setting, not sure what though. I tried back forth with the setting too.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RCowboyFan said:
I knew it was you, that was upto something :D No, BP, none of that helped. I tried logging out and in. And I do use IE for CowboysZone, although Firefox is other browser I use, but not for this site. Seems like something wrong some setting, not sure what though. I tried back forth with the setting too.

When you log off...make sure to clean all of your cookies, history and temp files then go completely out of IE and then back in and see if it fixes the problems.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
When you log off...make sure to clean all of your cookies, history and temp files then go completely out of IE and then back in and see if it fixes the problems.

Nah, its still not working. I think there is some issue with code or bug in the code? Although don't understand why I would be the only guy having that problem, and that too after software update.

Its strange that I can use the Quote Button but not QuickReply or any of the edit options/emoticons etc.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Screwed.jpg

:laugh2: Maybe Reality will see if he can find something for you.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:
Nah, its still not working. I think there is some issue with code or bug in the code? Although don't understand why I would be the only guy having that problem, and that too after software update.

Its strange that I can use the Quote Button but not QuickReply or any of the edit options/emoticons etc.
I know on mine the only way I can use the quick reply now is if I click it in someone elses post like at the bottom of this one on the right. If I click that then the QR box opens up.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
I know on mine the only way I can use the quick reply now is if I click it in someone elses post like at the bottom of this one on the right. If I click that then the QR box opens up.

Well, thats how its supposed to work I think :D But yeah, it doesn't work any where for QuickReply or QuickPost.

But bigger problem seems to be that I don't have ability to click or use the Emoticons or edit options ( i.e. bold,italic etc. )

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RCowboyFan said:
Well, thats how its supposed to work I think :D But yeah, it doesn't work any where for QuickReply or QuickPost.

But bigger problem seems to be that I don't have ability to click or use the Emoticons or edit options ( i.e. bold,italic etc. )
In the User CP, did you try to select the Enhanced WYSIWYG option?

I think there are about three edit options, but that one has the major enhanced options. It should be the last option in the list. If that doesn't work, then I don't know what to tell you.

Also there's an A/A option. It affects the bold, italic options as well. If it's active, you should be ok. If it's inactive, then that could be your solution.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Screwed.jpg

:laugh2: Maybe Reality will see if he can find something for you.

You know what, I think I found the issue. Its to do most likely with this PC I am using, its a laptop, that I use for work.

When I use my own laptop at home, everything seems fine. So I guess I have to see if I have any settings on this Laptop different now. Thanks for the help to you and Woodysgirl too.