I can't help but wonder what Tony Dorsett would've been like in today's game

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I just don't know how much better he could have been from 1977 to 1985. While I think his skillets would have translated well to the modern NFL, let's not act like defensive players haven't gotten more athletic.

Also he was 5-11 and 192 pounds. If anything, I actually think he might be used more as a receiver with his carries lowered. Think he'd be more like an Alvin Kamara.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Amazing how quick RBs lose it now days, in spite of it being a pass happy league.

Dorsett played 12 seasons, over 2936 carries / 398 rec.

Zeke, 7 seasons 1889 carries / 305 rec

I assume defenders are bigger and faster and backs take more of a beating…or they just don’t make ‘‘em like they used to.
Dorsett played in mostly 14 game seasons and the Cowboys had lot's of playmakers.

Robalocc88

Reaction score
Dorsett's line wasn't no scrubs either..
I 1000% agree... I am just referring to 50-75 carries in Emmit's career where he wasn't touched for the first 7 yards or so, I just feel Td would of gone wild in that scenario. Both legends.

MikeT22

Reaction score
Dorsett played in mostly 14 game seasons and the Cowboys had lot's of playmakers.
Dorsett was drafted in ‘77, the league switched to 16 games in ‘78.

Tony also had over 1000 more carries than Zeke.

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
I have been watching lots of videos as well as full games from my uncles collection of 70's 80's cowboys.
I can't help but wonder what Dorsett would of been like in today's game, I honestly believe he would be even better in today's open game. This guy was shifty and smooth!!!! Hits top speed in a instant!!
I also never knew how tough of a runner he was!! Amazing back. Those who saw his career first hand... who would you compare him to today?
I watched every game he played for us. There is no one like him today to compare him to.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
No he didn't. Dorsett played in exactly one 14 game season and that was his rookie year in 1977. The league went to the 16 game schedule in his second season 1978. This stuff is on the internet.. Look it up.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
No he didn't. Dorsett played in exactly one 14 game season and that was his rookie year in 1977. The league went to the 16 game schedule in his second season 1978. This stuff is on the internet.. Look it up.
Lol...Yep my bad.

Thomas82

Reaction score
I still think it's amazing that TD didn't start until the 10th game of his rookie year and still got 1,000 yards.