I certainly hope the team responds differently

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I hope the team responds differently from this board. If all it takes to blow up a team like this board has been blown up then we are doomed as a team this year.

Fortunately all this crap is manufactured. Oh, there may be slivers of truth interwoven with all the negative spin, innuendo, lies, misquotes, half-truths, and quotes revealed out of their true context. I don't think the team will allow all the crap that has been thrown at it to confuse them and deter them.

If the players buy into this nonsense and polarize against one another as some would have it, then they are truly doomed.

If this board buys into it then we will polarize ourselves further.

This is the most important game since the last NY game here last year. It is the most important game in a long while. This team is definitely able to win a SB. There's no doubt about it. Even with the injuries it has a championship quality defense. If the offense gets back on track as I know it will then we can only beat ourselves.

I've seen all of the great teams in our past. If this one will play STs and stem the tide of all those turnovers then it is quite capable of reaching the rare air some of those teams did.

Let's talk some football.

:giants:

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
I hope I am wrong, and you are right, but I just don't see a team with Dallas Cowboys. These are bunch of individual self appointed team captains, who don't how to lead. ANd yeah, I think quite a number of analysts have been saying, they don't see leadership on this team. And I am starting to believe them now.

And I think, ring leader, in this mess, is Jerry Jones. But I am sure, Media, Wade, TO etc. will be blamed more than him. One thing Parcells maybe be proved right on, is that, within three years of him leaving this Organization, they won't even know he was here. The Irony is, that, its not that he got players who were saints ( his own players proved to be knuckleheads off the field), but its the public bickering etc.

Maybe they will win and make it playoffs. But I just don't see a "Team" here that can be special. We shall see I guess.

Boysboy

Reaction score
RCowboyFan;2487350 said:
I hope I am wrong, and you are right, but I just don't see a team with Dallas Cowboys. These are bunch of individual self appointed team captains, who don't how to lead. ANd yeah, I think quite a number of analysts have been saying, they don't see leadership on this team. And I am starting to believe them now.

And I think, ring leader, in this mess, is Jerry Jones. But I am sure, Media, Wade, TO etc. will be blamed more than him. One thing Parcells maybe be proved right on, is that, within three years of him leaving this Organization, they won't even know he was here. The Irony is, that, its not that he got players who were saints ( his own players proved to be knuckleheads off the field), but its the public bickering etc.

Maybe they will win and make it playoffs. But I just don't see a "Team" here that can be special. We shall see I guess.

I agree-I'm not quick to blame TO too much b/c this has been all Jerry's doing this year.

If anything, he set the stage by being a high profile, media-attention-getter, and the players just fed off of him.

If anything too-we spent a fair amount of time this week with team meetings to qualm things, coaches and players answering the media's questions over the possible turmoil, and NOT the GAME.

Hey-I hope I'm wrong, but when you're preparing for the biggest game of the year, you have no time to lolly-pop around doing other things.

ethiostar

Reaction score
I'm with you Jobb,

I just hope they come out fired up and take all the furustration out on the Giants.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
ethiostar;2487394 said:
I'm with you Jobb,

I just hope they come out fired up and take all the furustration out on the Giants.

I knew this would not get many responses. I think they will take some frustration out on the Giants. I just hope it results in a win. There isn't but one maybe two teams that can compete with this team and none with the overall talent. But they keep finding ways to beat themselves.

I'm certain the coaches have done and not done some things that they either should have or if they had would've changed the outcome of some games. Mostly the Brad Johnson thing and maybe STs as well as a play here and there.

There is no need to blame anyone or anything. Doesn't help. What's done is done. Injuries are the biggest reason we're where we are. That and the team not getting out of its own way.

They can still beat anyone on the schedule.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
I happen to think there is more to it than you do. That said, we are going to find out how grown up and professional some of these guys are.

I think most of our players can get through this for now. I also think that a win tomorrow night will heal allot of this.

A loss, followed by finger pointing or immature remarks will end this season.
Then people will have to be moved.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
If the Cowboys don't win this game, their season is over.

And you thought this week was a mess. :eek:

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2487684 said:
I happen to think there is more to it than you do. That said, we are going to find out how grown up and professional some of these guys are.

I think most of our players can get through this for now. I also think that a win tomorrow night will heal allot of this.

Anything less than a win tomorrow night spells doom in many arenas (incl this board)... you though this last week was crazy... let them go out and lay and egg... The mods will end up with accelerated carpal tunnel.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
As long as they play really well then a loss doesn't have to be the end of the season. It could be or not. But if they lay an egg then this board will catch fire.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
jobberone;2487746 said:
As long as they play really well then a loss doesn't have to be the end of the season. It could be or not. But if they lay an egg then this board will catch fire.

The heck with this forum. It's the team I'm worried about.
What is said here isn't effecting a thing.

I know you don't care for my opinion but I give it any way.:D
I think this your thread should be discussed.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
jobberone;2487746 said:

:huh: I think we should stop enabling ourselves to accept the perpetual December landslides and say that tomorrow is a must win and anything less than a win is disastrous.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2487684 said:

It reminded of of the Baltimore Ravens season last year. They were coming off a 13-3, albeit 1 and done(to the Super Bowl Champs Colts) in the playoffs.

They started out the season not great, but still pretty good with flaws(4-2), then after a gut-wrenching loss in Buffalo before the bye week, Ray Lewis went on the airwaves and started calling out Brian Billick for not feeding the ball to Willis McGahee on their last drive of the game(when it was short yardage situations). McGahee, from what I understand, has TO-qualities.

Anyhow-they ended up not winning another game until wk17 that year(including giving the Fins their 1st win late in the year) as the finger pointing and back-stabbing in the locker room mounted.

I hope we're not in this same situation, but like I said, the Ravens didn't recover after losing a tight one to Buffalo.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
How can I enable them? I'm not even a wisp in the wind to the reality of the Dallas Cowboys.

I think they can be great. I also think that we go as Romo goes. It's mistakes and turnovers that are killing them more than their opponents are.

Will tomorrow be a cakewalk? Nope. Will they win? I hope so. Can NY beat them in a st8 up game? I don't think so. But I don't take myself so seriously to think I really know the future.

Losing the game is going to hurt our chances of making the playoffs but it doesn't mean we have no chance. Not a miniscule one but a decent shot.

It'll be a lot easier if they win out.

Boysboy

Reaction score
jobberone;2488346 said:
How can I enable them? I'm not even a wisp in the wind to the reality of the Dallas Cowboys.

I think they can be great. I also think that we go as Romo goes. It's mistakes and turnovers that are killing them more than their opponents are.

Will tomorrow be a cakewalk? Nope. Will they win? I hope so. Can NY beat them in a st8 up game? I don't think so. But I don't take myself so seriously to think I really know the future.

Losing the game is going to hurt our chances of making the playoffs but it doesn't mean we have no chance. Not a miniscule one but a decent shot.

We lose, we're 0-2 in Dec...yet another Dec doldrum and our team's confidence is shot to ****.

Yah-we lose, our season is done.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Bleu Star;2487757 said:
:huh: I think we should stop enabling ourselves to accept the perpetual December landslides and say that tomorrow is a must win and anything less than a win is disastrous.

jobberone;2488346 said:

Note your response to my statement. Bottom line... I was simply saying we should put our collective feet down and stop accepting the possibility of loss after loss after loss.

Here's a quick news flash. It's December. We're currently 0-1 this year in the months where it matters most. Romo has developed a puzzling trend over the last two seasons. Someone else on this board has his stats in their sig. The December/January decline is alarming. He has to right that ship this year! It should start tomorrow. Period!

He makes too much damned money to continue to shake off his shortcomings with that "aw shucks" reaction. Turn that into a positive and start winning these big games. He should be the leader that we all know he can be. He should take the team on his back and carry them deep into the playoffs. That's the future QB I am looking for. Everything else is just early season smoke n mirrors.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Bleu Star;2488494 said:
Note your response to my statement. Bottom line... I was simply saying we should put our collective feet down and stop accepting the possibility of loss after loss after loss.

Here's a quick news flash. It's December. We're currently 0-1 this year in the months where it matters most. Romo has developed a puzzling trend over the last two seasons. Someone else on this board has his stats in their sig. The December/January decline is alarming. He has to right that ship this year! It should start tomorrow. Period!

He makes too much damned money to continue to shake off his shortcomings with that "aw shucks" reaction. Turn that into a positive and start winning these big games. He should be the leader that we all know he can be. He should take the team on his back and carry them deep into the playoffs. That's the future QB I am looking for. Everything else is just early season smoke n mirrors.

This franchise has been tanking in December for over a decade now.

Also, people failed to mention all the disastrous things that have happened that Tony Romo can't control. Events such as Terry Glenn and Patrick Crayton dropping huge passes during crunch time.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
jobberone;2486997 said:
I hope the team responds differently from this board. If all it takes to blow up a team like this board has been blown up then we are doomed as a team this year.

Thanks for your post. This sentence puts it right on the money.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
No sound mind wants to lose a game. And losing this game will hurt on many levels. But it is not the end of the season should we lose. Lose big then that says something. Lose another hard fought game it says something a little different but it still counts as a loss and will hurt our chances. That's a nobrainer.

All I'm saying is it isn't over with a loss. There is still a chance to get in even with a loss. We can still finish 10-6 with a loss. We won't control our destiny. I don't give up very often and would never quit on a football team whether as a fan or as a player. I hope the players feel the same way. That's the take home message.