I certainly hope the team responds differently

rob1son

Reaction score
RCowboyFan;2487350 said:
I hope I am wrong, and you are right, but I just don't see a team with Dallas Cowboys. These are bunch of individual self appointed team captains, who don't how to lead. ANd yeah, I think quite a number of analysts have been saying, they don't see leadership on this team. And I am starting to believe them now.

And I think, ring leader, in this mess, is Jerry Jones. But I am sure, Media, Wade, TO etc. will be blamed more than him. One thing Parcells maybe be proved right on, is that, within three years of him leaving this Organization, they won't even know he was here. The Irony is, that, its not that he got players who were saints ( his own players proved to be knuckleheads off the field), but its the public bickering etc.

Maybe they will win and make it playoffs. But I just don't see a "Team" here that can be special. We shall see I guess.

Boysboy;2487385 said:
I agree-I'm not quick to blame TO too much b/c this has been all Jerry's doing this year.

If anything, he set the stage by being a high profile, media-attention-getter, and the players just fed off of him.

If anything too-we spent a fair amount of time this week with team meetings to qualm things, coaches and players answering the media's questions over the possible turmoil, and NOT the GAME.

Hey-I hope I'm wrong, but when you're preparing for the biggest game of the year, you have no time to lolly-pop around doing other things.

My interpretation of what is going on centers around Jerry Jones.

He is and always will be a businessman first. He makes deals to market the team and bring attention to his team. Why? I think it has something to do with the organization being a cash cow. Marketing folks, plain and simple. It explains the perennial hype around a bunch of names on the team. It's all about business, not about winning.

Jerry is not a "football man". My evidence: Quincy Carter. I truly feel the longer he keeps the team in the family, the greater the chance the organization will turn into the Oakland Raiders model. Crazy owner, more money than sense. As long as that franchise continues to make him and his family ridiculous amounts of stupid money, he will not let go of that team. That monument to his greatness in Arlington tells me that he has no plans to sell anytime soon. The only way I see him getting rid of the team is if the economy really starts to affect the NFL, then all bets are off. At that point, we would have more to worry about than the organization winning Super Bowls.

As much as I hate to say it, and if you want to call me on this you certainly may, but the team will never win a Super Bowl with Jerry as the owner/gm/head coach/publisist.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Boysboy;2487878 said:
It reminded of of the Baltimore Ravens season last year. They were coming off a 13-3, albeit 1 and done(to the Super Bowl Champs Colts) in the playoffs.

They started out the season not great, but still pretty good with flaws(4-2), then after a gut-wrenching loss in Buffalo before the bye week, Ray Lewis went on the airwaves and started calling out Brian Billick for not feeding the ball to Willis McGahee on their last drive of the game(when it was short yardage situations). McGahee, from what I understand, has TO-qualities.

Anyhow-they ended up not winning another game until wk17 that year(including giving the Fins their 1st win late in the year) as the finger pointing and back-stabbing in the locker room mounted.

I hope we're not in this same situation, but like I said, the Ravens didn't recover after losing a tight one to Buffalo.
We are clearly the Ravens of last year, as evidenced by our 4-9 record.

Oh wait.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
YoMick;2489276 said:
Your SIG is KICKING!!!
(simple, but very succinct) ;)
Here's hoping for a Halle week. That Oprah pic haunts my dreams. It's like she's imagining me as a cheeseburger

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
windward;2489281 said:
Here's hoping for a Halle week. That Oprah pic haunts my dreams. It's like she's imagining me as a cheeseburger

I just can't comment on this one. :laugh1:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
windward;2489281 said:
Here's hoping for a Halle week. That Oprah pic
haunts my dreams. It's like she's imagining me as a cheeseburger

Me too.

LOL

"I want a cheeseburger THIS BIG"

LMAO

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
cbartel81;2489372 said:
Winning cures everything. That's all that needs to be said.

You're right. Everyone loves a winner. We really need to win this one tonight. BTW, Atl is about to beat the Bucs in OT. And welcome to the current insanity.