I don;t think there's any doubt that Parcells tampered

Badattitude

Benched
Reaction score
with John Abraham ...I think the Howard deal has bogged down b/c Tuna got into J.A's ear...not a doubt in my mind...JA is his boy.....Francesca raved about how BP loved him a few months back..he also protected him when the media was calling him a softie a faker a fraud a money guy etc..you name..they killed JA here....and now out oif the blue JA is squabbling about his money and wants out again...??
I have no doubt that Dallas and the Jets are talking and that the Howard deal is done...for now....and will be back on again if JA falls through.

But as of now...I think JA willl wearing a Star and Number 94 on opening day...and we will only have 1 First round pick this season.

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
well that would suck, and i hope that isn't the way it goes but i could live with it if we give up our #20 pick

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
BP hasn't tampered because he can offer JA a contract right now. He can tell him whatever he wants essentially. Franchised players are still free agents though with a required price.
He has commended most of his ex-players publicly and it makes sense that he would like Abraham.
But no matter what BP says or does, the only way to get Abraham for sure is to offer him a deal and then pay the 2 first round picks.
There were rumors JA was skipping playoff games because he wanted a long term deal which means he was concerned with getting paid long before this off-season.

Honestly I think ther eis very little chance the Jets part with Abraham for less than a high first and Dallas can't pay that for him and feel they got any kind of value.

Rush 2112

Reaction score
The Jets can trade him for whatever they want. Doesn't have to be 2 firsts.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Badattitude said:
with John Abraham ...I think the Howard deal has bogged down b/c Tuna got into J.A's ear...not a doubt in my mind...JA is his boy.....Francesca raved about how BP loved him a few months back..he also protected him when the media was calling him a softie a faker a fraud a money guy etc..you name..they killed JA here....and now out oif the blue JA is squabbling about his money and wants out again...??
I have no doubt that Dallas and the Jets are talking and that the Howard deal is done...for now....and will be back on again if JA falls through.

But as of now...I think JA willl wearing a Star and Number 94 on opening day...and we will only have 1 First round pick this season.

:bang2:

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Badattitude said:
with John Abraham ...I think the Howard deal has bogged down b/c Tuna got into J.A's ear...not a doubt in my mind...

Of course there isn't... in your mind, the world is a sinister place, full of dark motives and deceit... ALWAYS assume the worst, right??

LOL... man, do you even read the static you keep foisting on us??

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear said:
Of course there isn't... in your mind, the world is a sinister place, full of dark motives and deceit... ALWAYS assume the worst, right??

LOL... man, do you even read the static you keep foisting on us??

I think he just mashes his keyboard then posts whatever comes up. :D

Sandman52

Reaction score
I think Abraham and his agent could put some pressure on the Jets........or one could hope.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
aardvark said:
There is no way I would pay more for Abraham when we could get Howard for less... Howard is bigger and I think Abraham has been injured more in his career... Seems to me that Howard would be better against the run as well.

Abraham- http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/187381

Howard- http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/187563

I was thinkin the same thing. If Howard gets just about as many sacks, can also play DT, and would cost less, i dont see the point in getting Abraham.

I think that Abraham has had worse injuries in his career but i know Howard missed like 4 games last year when he had a broken wrist or hand.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Badattitude said:

I don't think Bill would do anything as foolish as get caught talking to John. That said there are many ways to communicate.

Dallas is not giving up two firsts. Manning is worth two firsts other than that I'd have to think about it.

But some kinda backdoor deal could be struck and it wouldn't surprise anyone that feelers have been made for John. Parcells knows what's going on.

Why would they give up one first for John when he can be gotten for less or just stay where he is and make the guaranteed money.

CaptainComeback

Reaction score
Badattitude said:

On tampering...

You say it is obvious that Parcells is in John Abraham's ear but I don't think that anything is obvious unless John Abraham is a Cowboy in the very near future. Of course then, I won't care. :D

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Sandman52 said:
Isn't Shawne Merrimen pretty much John Abraham-esque?

Having seen them both play John is more athletic but Merriman is a little bigger right now. And less injury history. John missed a year in college.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
jterrell said:
BP hasn't tampered because he can offer JA a contract right now. He can tell him whatever he wants essentially. Franchised players are still free agents though with a required price.
He has commended most of his ex-players publicly and it makes sense that he would like Abraham.
But no matter what BP says or does, the only way to get Abraham for sure is to offer him a deal and then pay the 2 first round picks.
There were rumors JA was skipping playoff games because he wanted a long term deal which means he was concerned with getting paid long before this off-season.

Honestly I think ther eis very little chance the Jets part with Abraham for less than a high first and Dallas can't pay that for him and feel they got any kind of value.

Ironically, it's losing Fergy that really kiboshes the Johnny Abe to Dallas idea - are the Jets willing to lose TWO starters on the Dline, a year that the defense is supposed to keep the team competitive while a new OC gets his act together? What it all hangs on is whether the CS thinks Bryan Thomas can come close to replacing JA full-time (then again, JA rarely plays a full season).

I'd give up the #11 (but not both first round picks) for JA in a heartbeat, but it looks like despite the grumbling of Abe about being tagged and not getting an extension yet, he will remain a Jet this year.

It's too bad. This deal could have been good for both teams, and for Abe, who apparently needs a change of scenery....

....I still hope it happens.

Az Lurker

The Lurker
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
It's too bad. This deal could have been good for both teams, and for Abe, who apparently needs a change of scenery....

....I still hope it happens.

She's back, she's back! woohoo!

also, do you really feel that Abe is better then anyone we could pick up with the #11 pick?

Badattitude

Benched
Reaction score
1. When Healthy JA is a almost as good as Freeney..Stop the BS...you lot most not have seen him...he's a tremendous pass rusher who forces QB's to dump the ball off if he can't get them...his weakness is he's not great against the run.

2. Tuna CANNOT talk to JA...it's tampering...however the Jets CAN talk to Dallas...IMO...Tuna has hit JA up on the Celly....

3. Do you need some Tylenol HeavyHitta ? you're always bashing your head in my magnet like threads.

4. SBK....shouldn't you be patting Booze on the back?