I don't agree with this

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree that Dez caught the ball but hanging on to the damn thing takes away all doubt. Dez is great at catching the ball. Not so great at hanging on when he hits the ground. Did you guys really think we were going to get that call after the controversial call against Detroit?.....
I kinda want to make the excuse for him that he makes more difficult catches so it's understandable that he drops some, but I agree with you. He has to hold onto the ball all the way through. I think it's concentration. He's thinking about throwing up the X before he even secures the ball. You notice it only happens in the end zone. Just my take on it.

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
Yep... Hard luck for Romo. He put the team on his back and Murray coughed up the rock. It was a good play by Peppers- but still, you can't fumble on the road in the playoffs. Unacceptable.

It was definitely a catch-- but even if we score there, I have my doubts about our D stopping Rodgers with 4 mins to play. Thus-- the fumble was the backbreaker imo.

Agreed. I think that fumble cost us the game but people get caught up with Bryant's catch-non catch call

DenCWBY

Reaction score
On a side note, Murray is proving he's not the bum many claimed after Chip Kelly tried to make him something he wasn't in Philly last year. I'm happy for him.
Murray also had a healthy, top rated Oline, a great veteran QB who could spread or loosen up any NFL defense with his passing game, a healthy set of receivers coming into their own, all pro TE and a deep threat WR motivated by his contract year. It was a perfect storm for this offense with exception to turnovers and the refs (in NY). Just the same, his personality was great for the team and its good to see him moving on.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
That should say Romo supporter not hater....I thought Romo played a great game that day, if Murray don't fumble they win going away.

Think it could go either way. Those who think Romo sucks as a quarterback might come out to agree with it because it seems like a lot of them are pretty irrational with their blame.

Those of us who understand Romo hasn't been the problem with this team would just laugh and shake our heads.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Murray also had a healthy, top rated Oline, a great veteran QB who could spread or loosen up any NFL defense with his passing game, a healthy set of receivers coming into their own, all pro TE and a deep threat WR motivated by his contract year. It was a perfect storm for this offense with exception to turnovers and the refs (in NY). Just the same, his personality was great for the team and its good to see him moving on.

Sure, but he's doing pretty well in Tennessee without almost all of those same things now. He deserves some credit for that.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Sure, but he's doing pretty well in Tennessee without almost all of those same things now. He deserves some credit for that.
Point well taken and don't want to take anything away from his record year. He's a grinder and definitely been through some tougher moments. Good to see he's coming out on a productive side again. I really appreciate/respect any player who handles adversity without feeling sorry for himself. He's making the best out of the situation. One of the good guys.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Our defense also played a major role. Giving up a passing TD on 3rd and 15 along with other big plays at the worst of times. Giving up a 3rd and 12 to ice the game was pathetic.

Romo was 15/19 for 191 yards. We didn't pass the ball enough.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
maybe im reading it wrong. I took the tweet as saying, people always blame romo for losses and even though it was not his fault. So by saying "its a shame romo..." would get replies from people who blindly blamed romo for the loss even though murray fumbled and dez "didnt" catch the ball

gimmesix

Reaction score

Murray appears to be back to being the same back he was during his four years here. I know a lot of fans jumped on his bad year in Philly, but there's no reason to believe that was anything more than an aberration.

The only concern with Murray is the same one we had when considering re-signing him: Will he be able to stay healthy for an entire season? If he does, he's yards per carry is likely to end up in the high 4's to low 5's.

As far as his health goes, though, he played in 14, 16 and 15 games the previous three years, so it looks like he figured out how to take care of his body better after the first couple of years.

Hopefully, Elliott already knows how to do that. I see a lot of flexibility in his movements, which could be a good sign for his health. He also doesn't run as upright as Murray, which should help. And he has a good build for the position, with nothing disproportionate, except for his head.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
On a side note, Murray is proving he's not the bum many claimed after Chip Kelly tried to make him something he wasn't in Philly last year. I'm happy for him.

He has always been a beast. That fumble though will be spoken of decades from now.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Murray appears to be back to being the same back he was during his four years here. I know a lot of fans jumped on his bad year in Philly, but there's no reason to believe that was anything more than an aberration.

The only concern with Murray is the same one we had when considering re-signing him: Will he be able to stay healthy for an entire season? If he does, he's yards per carry is likely to end up in the high 4's to low 5's.

As far as his health goes, though, he played in 14, 16 and 15 games the previous three years, so it looks like he figured out how to take care of his body better after the first couple of years.

Hopefully, Elliott already knows how to do that. I see a lot of flexibility in his movements, which could be a good sign for his health. He also doesn't run as upright as Murray, which should help. And he has a good build for the position, with nothing disproportionate, except for his head.
You all know I would LOVE to still have DeMarco here BUT having the FREAK in big D has made me completely forget about my boy DeMarco.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Unfortunately, yes. I mentioned during that game that it was his "last mistake as a Dallas Cowboy".

:(

It doesn't look like he's gotten the problem fixed, either. He had two fumbles, both lost, in about half the carries for Philly last year (193 to 392) and already has had two this year with one lost in 66 carries. (Elliott also has two in his 94 carries, but we don't have enough evidence to say he has a fumbling problem.)

Murray has a tendency to get loose with the ball that I haven't seen from Elliott. Neither of Elliott's fumbles happened because he was swinging the ball out away from his body.