I dont get "fans" who say:

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
the cowboys dont deserve to get in. If they get in, they DESERVE IT! If they dont get in, THEN AND ONLY THEN DO THEY NOT DESERVE IT! DANG.

Can some, or rather one of you who spew this this stupidity, please explain to me how they dont deserve it. There is 6 playoffs spots available, if the boys get one then guess what...THEY DESERVE IT.

Now if you want to say they underachieved, say that. They shoot themselves in the foot, say that. They are not disciplined, say that. But even with all those issues, and they still get in, they still freakin deserve to be there...And if you dont want them there then are you truly a fan.

Im done.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I don't get fans who decide what makes a fan right or wrong.

Just understand that nobody is posting on a Cowboys board under duress and everyone wants the team to succeed.

Save the judgments.

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
Alexander;2514866 said:

Just understand that nobody is posting on a Cowboys board under duress and everyone wants the team to succeed.

Save the judgments.

thats why i asked for someone with this reasoning to explain themselves. That reasoning just doesnt seem reasonable. Playoff spots are not given away in a ranking system like the bcs, they are earned, and if you earn one the simply, that spot is deserve...imho

Nav22

Reaction score
It's one of the dumbest cliches on this board, and in sports in general.

They don't draw straws to select playoff teams. If you got in, you deserved it.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Nav22;2514909 said:
It's one of the dumbest cliches on this board, and in sports in general.

They don't draw straws to select playoff teams. If you got in, you deserved it.

:hammer:

Kevinicus

Reaction score
thechosen1n2;2514857 said:
the cowboys dont deserve to get in. If they get in, they DESERVE IT! If they dont get in, THEN AND ONLY THEN DO THEY NOT DESERVE IT! DANG.

Can some, or rather one of you who spew this this stupidity, please explain to me how they dont deserve it. There is 6 playoffs spots available, if the boys get one then guess what...THEY DESERVE IT.

Now if you want to say they underachieved, say that. They shoot themselves in the foot, say that. They are not disciplined, say that. But even with all those issues, and they still get in, they still freakin deserve to be there...And if you dont want them there then are you truly a fan.

Im done.

I agree in the Cowboys case or whoever the wild card teams are. However, I think it's perfectly fair to say Arizona and whoever wins the AFC West do not deserve to go to the Playoffs.

cowboy4life

"I Love Me Some Me." Hit The Bricks, *******. Team
Reaction score
As a proud Cowboys fan(for over 30 years), I bleed silver and blue. I want my team in the playoffs every year. I don't give a damn if we back in, jump in, fall in, earn our way in, slip and slide in, I want in. Period.

Nav22

Reaction score
However, I think it's perfectly fair to say Arizona and whoever wins the AFC West do not deserve to go to the Playoffs.
I could see where this argument makes sense.

But a wildcard team (like, potentially, the Cowboys) MUST be in the top 6 of their conference to get in.

strathound

Reaction score
Dude, I was in the CowboysZone chat room during the game and there were "fans" that were calling the game over in the 2nd quarter when Romo through an interception. It's pathetic. You gotta wonder if they tuck their junk back when they put on those panties? Anybody that ever actually played the game, I hope, realizes that the game ain't over until it's over. Some of the greatest games of all time involved last minute heroics. Same is true of some playoff runs.

We need to learn from last night. Garrett and the offensive staff needs to do their homework. The Offensive Line coach needs to start kicking some butts. Stay positive. Cry in your beer when it's over. But keep fighting till the end.

:star:

Michael

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
strathound;2514989 said:
Vanessa Hudgeons? LOL.

i saw that and i was gonna ask how old he was....anything older than 19, and there just might be a problem. :lmao:

Batman

Reaction score

Im done.

I don't get it either. If we make the playoffs we deserve to be there. If our defense doesn't choke again next week, and we make it to the playoffs at 10-6, we deserve to be in there. I saw a couple posts last night with that about Dallas not deserving to be in the playoffs. I replied the same way in both posts and told them to go find another team to be a fan of.

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
Batman;2515052 said:
I don't get it either. If we make the playoffs we deserve to be there. If our defense doesn't choke again next week, and we make it to the playoffs at 10-6, we deserve to be in there. I saw a couple posts last night with that about Dallas not deserving to be in the playoffs. I replied the same way in both posts and told them to go find another team to be a fan of.

it has to be just and emotional rant (cause of disappointment), because no one defended there point of why they dont deserve it.

Cali'sFinest

Reaction score
ChldsPlay;2514920 said:
I agree in the Cowboys case or whoever the wild card teams are. However, I think it's perfectly fair to say Arizona and whoever wins the AFC West do not deserve to go to the Playoffs.

Exactly, under these kids "logic" there are OTHER teams that also don't "deserve" to go to the playoffs.

If a team makes it to the playoffs, they deserve it. It's a clean slate in the post season, anything that has happened during the season won't matter. There's always a chance we'll get it right and win some games. Who knows.;)

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Cowboys fans wanted the Cowboys to be 13 and 3 again and not have to win in order to get in the post season. They wanted it to be stress free.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Im done.

I understand what you're saying completely. But also consider this. Most fans that say that are TRUE fans. 90% of the time it is said in the heat of the moment, out of frustration. Mostly meaning that if the continue to play like that, they don't deserve to be in, because they will just get beat.

So take it a little lightly, it's an emotional statement at the moment.

Well, that's my opinion anyway...not that it really matters. But that's why we have this great board.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
Alexander;2514866 said:

Save the judgments.

Not based on the scores of posts to the contrary last night. I see a lot of bandwagon fans.