I dont get "fans" who say:

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
thechosen1n2;2514857 said:
the cowboys dont deserve to get in. If they get in, they DESERVE IT! If they dont get in, THEN AND ONLY THEN DO THEY NOT DESERVE IT! DANG.

Can some, or rather one of you who spew this this stupidity, please explain to me how they dont deserve it. There is 6 playoffs spots available, if the boys get one then guess what...THEY DESERVE IT.

Now if you want to say they underachieved, say that. They shoot themselves in the foot, say that. They are not disciplined, say that. But even with all those issues, and they still get in, they still freakin deserve to be there...And if you dont want them there then are you truly a fan.

Im done.

To add to this I don't think lame butt division winners like Arizona don't deserve to be in the playoffs, but that's just me!

As for the bold. I've probably said that about the Cowboys because I as well as others get tired of going one and done in the playoffs and the post Thanksgiving collapse before it! But if I say that and somebody doesn't think i'm a true fan then so frickin' what! It's not like I lose anything over it, it's not like I care if anyone thinks I'm a true fan. Show me where is the stone written LAWS of what a "true" fan is supposed to be!

LowTech

the most important member
Reaction score
We're all disappointed in how our team played last night. We want our offense to be the scoring machine we know it can be. We want the defense to chew up the opposition and spit them out.

We've seen these things and have been almost spoiled to a point. We curse them when they do not perform to our expectations.

But we will always cheer them on.

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
Royal Laegotti;2516763 said:
To add to this I don't think lame butt division winners like Arizona don't deserve to be in the playoffs, but that's just me!

As for the bold. I've probably said that about the Cowboys because I as well as others get tired of going one and done in the playoffs and the post Thanksgiving collapse before it! But if I say that and somebody doesn't think i'm a true fan then so frickin' what! It's not like I lose anything over it, it's not like I care if anyone thinks I'm a true fan. Show me where is the stone written LAWS of what a "true" fan is supposed to be!

the are you a fan question was a rhetorical question...the question i wanted someone to answer is How do they not deserve it, if they do what is needed to get in?

links18

Reaction score
If someone says a team that makes the playoffs, doesn't really deserve to be in the playoffs, then by that logic half the teams that make the playoffs every year don't deserve it. You may not like that we "need help" to make the playoffs, but every year teams make the playoffs "with help." Hell, it is possible to be 14-2 or even 15-1 and still "need help" to make the playoffs assuming your losses are to your closest divisional opponent.

You may not like that divisional champions get an automatic birth, but in reality there are 5 different competitions for the playoffs in each conference: 4 divisional championships and 2 Wildcards. If you look at it as 5 seperate competitions there is no injustice. Does this mean the 6 best teams make it in? Not necessarily, but its not unjust and there are no teams who "don't deserve it." If you can't win your division, than you better have one of the 2 best records among non-divisional winners if you want in......

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
thechosen1n2;2514890 said:
thats why i asked for someone with this reasoning to explain themselves. That reasoning just doesnt seem reasonable. Playoff spots are not given away in a ranking system like the bcs, they are earned, and if you earn one the simply, that spot is deserve...imho

Agreed.

For as ticked as I still am about yesterday, I'll even go as far as to say I don't agree with the notion that we're "backing in" if we do get in. In my opinion, backing in would be if we were to lose to Philly yet somehow still qualify (I realize this is impossible; just sayin'). We're in a one-and-done situation and if we win, yes then we absolutely deserved to get in.

I don't like the situation we're in, nor do I feel confidently about our playoff chances if we qualify. But I also don't feel necessary to belittle any achievements that might be earned.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Alexander;2514866 said:
I don't get fans who decide what makes a fan right or wrong.

Just understand that nobody is posting on a Cowboys board under duress and everyone wants the team to succeed.

Save the judgments.

Totally. We root for the same team, so all of us must be right about everything we say. And this forum should be a place where any of us can babble about whatever we want, as much as we want, because, you know, we're all Cowboys fans in the end.

What's become of things when sports message boards are places where so many judgments are made? It's a sad state of affairs.

lcharles

Negativity King
Reaction score
rocyaice;2515373 said:
Cowboys fans wanted the Cowboys to be 13 and 3 again and not have to win in order to get in the post season. They wanted it to be stress free.

No, but humiliation free would have been nice. :rolleyes: