I don't know... Brad Johnson

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
For some reason I actually feel more comfortable headed into this week with Brad Johnson at QB then I would of Romo. Now I'm not saying Romo needs to go or Johnson should keep the job but at this point in time I think Johnson is what the Cowboys need. Garrett and offense will be forced to get back to the basics instead of looking for the home run ball. Johnson is not going to be prone to the turnovers. They will also be forced to find the running game once again. Now the lack of Felix does not make me feel any better but you know what, let's see how much Barber can handle while were forced into it and why not see take a look at Choice if the situation is right. Really, can we be any worse off later in the season for finding out these things now? We have been screaming to get the running game back on track, now we don't have a choice. Let's get it fixed now so it's working later.

Rams, Bucs, Giants, Bye then a healthy team......come out 2-1 and 6-3 on the season and discovering some thing about this team in the process.

Might just work

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
I'm not even though Romo throws INT he also throws TD. He has twice as many TD's as any QB in the NFCE east right now and I wouldn't trade him for anyone.....

DR.WARE

Reaction score
romo definetly needs to start when he comes back no questions asked but brad johnson i think will be pretty solid in the time he has to play

Ren

Reaction score
Best we can hope for with Brad is 2-1

SDogo

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2341069 said:
I'm not even though Romo throws INT he also throws TD. He has twice as many TD's as any QB in the NFCE east right now and I wouldn't trade him for anyone.....

I'm not saying trade him or replace him I'm simply saying maybe right now this is what Dallas needs. Forcing them back to the basics and maybe giving Romo a chance to get his head together.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Ren;2341082 said:
Best we can hope for with Brad is 2-1

We won't win at the Meadowlands, I know that-at least we have the Giants at home a month afterwards.

At the very least-I hope we beat the Rams this week. Tampa won't be a gimme, but at least we're at home.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Yes - 40 year old Johnson over #3 rated QB in Romo.

Google Brad's stats last year starting 2006. Be careful what you ask for -

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
That is kinda like saying in 1995/1996 you would feel better about Wade Wilson starting than Aikman!

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
Boysboy;2341104 said:
We won't win at the Meadowlands, I know that-at least we have the Giants at home a month afterwards.

At the very least-I hope we beat the Rams this week. Tampa won't be a gimme, but at least we're at home.
It's gonna be a dog fight in all of those but don't count us out of that G men game. I think we will play our best during that one.

I agree that Brad may not be a bad thing. He does not turn the ball over very often and we will be forced to find the run again. With a vet QB and a possession WR he could experience a lot of success.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Nors;2341118 said:

True-but it will only be for a 2-3 game stretch, NOT the remainder of the season.

With that being the case, a seasoned vet(Brad or whoever) should step in just fine knowing his role for a couple of games.

But like I said, if Romo's a goner, then our attention would be turning to the '09 draft instead.

SDogo

Reaction score
Nors;2341118 said:

I'm sorry we can't have Ricky Santos and I don't need your source for all scouting and player info better know as google and..........ah hell why am I bothering and the better question is what the hell is wrong with the ignore feature on this board. The trash is leaking.

By the way, I'm not sure if I liked you better as JohnnyMac or Nors.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2341061 said:
For some reason I actually feel more comfortable headed into this week with Brad Johnson at QB then I would of Romo. Now I'm not saying Romo needs to go or Johnson should keep the job but at this point in time I think Johnson is what the Cowboys need. Garrett and offense will be forced to get back to the basics instead of looking for the home run ball. Johnson is not going to be prone to the turnovers. They will also be forced to find the running game once again. Now the lack of Felix does not make me feel any better but you know what, let's see how much Barber can handle while were forced into it and why not see take a look at Choice if the situation is right. Really, can we be any worse off later in the season for finding out these things now? We have been screaming to get the running game back on track, now we don't have a choice. Let's get it fixed now so it's working later.

Rams, Bucs, Giants, Bye then a healthy team......come out 2-1 and 6-3 on the season and discovering some thing about this team in the process.

Might just work

What? That is not factual at all.

Brad starting in 2006 had 9TD's and 15 Interceptions with 9 fumbles and is now 40.

SDogo

Reaction score
Nors;2341141 said:
What? That is not factual at all.

Brad starting in 2006 had 9TD's and 15 Interceptions with 9 fumbles and is now 40.

So Romo is better right now?

6 fumbles and 5 INT's in 6 games?

kai cyr

Reaction score
Nors;2341124 said:
That is kinda like saying in 1995/1996 you would feel better about Wade Wilson starting than Aikman!

that was a horrible analogy...Romo is playing TERRIBLE. I would rather have jon kitna at this point...

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Boysboy;2341129 said:
True-but it will only be for a 2-3 game stretch, NOT the remainder of the season.

With that being the case, a seasoned vet(Brad or whoever) should step in just fine knowing his role for a couple of games.

But like I said, if Romo's a goner, then our attention would be turning to the '09 draft instead.

We just traded day 1 of our 2009 draft away.

SDogo

Reaction score
Nors;2341160 said:
We just traded day 1 of our 2009 draft away.

I know, I can't believe Dallas threw in the 2nd round pick and Jerry said he was under no circumstances going to make any deals:rolleyes:

Really, what is wrong with the ignore feature right now!

Staggerlee

chip_gilkey
Reaction score
kai cyr;2341156 said:
that was a horrible analogy...Romo is playing TERRIBLE. I would rather have jon kitna at this point...

You are crazy sir, kitna over romo, please some stupidity is hilarious but yours gives me a headache.

JRid21

Reaction score
Nors;2341118 said:

Who exactly did Minnesota have had wide Receiver in 2006? Just a thought