I don't like all the "all is well" talk going on

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
It's obvious this team will live and die on playing with emotion. This team needs to feel like their backs are against the wall the rest of the way. Seems like all we're hearing from media, fans, coaches and players after Sundays win is that the Cowboys are back. We're still on the outside looking in when it comes to the playoffs so they are not back.............yet.

links18

Reaction score
HowAboutThemCowboys;2427178 said:
It's obvious this team will live and die on playing with emotion. This team needs to feel like their backs are against the wall the rest of the way. Seems like all we're hearing from media, fans, coaches and players after Sundays win is that the Cowboys are back. We're still on the outside looking in when it comes to the playoffs so they are not back.............yet.

Yes, despite the big win, our margin for error is still pretty close to zero. That Rams loss is really going to hurt. The 2-8 Rams: only victories against us and the team we just beat last night, the same team that just got plastered by the very team we play next week. Does any of that mean anything at all? :confused:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo said they approached yesterdays game like it was a playoff game. That needs to be the case every week from now on. Each game needs to be played with a sence of urgency. No let downs allowed!!!

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
links18;2427192 said:
Yes, despite the big win, our margin for error is still pretty close to zero. That Rams loss is really going to hurt. The 2-8 Rams: only victories against us and the team we just beat last night, the same team that just got plastered by the very team we play next week. Does any of that mean anything at all? :confused:
Considering that we beat the Eagles who beat the Rams 38-3, I'd say very little.

Jay

Reaction score
The Rams loss definitely hurts, but really, wasn't everyone saying we needed to take 1 of 3 in the St. Louis/Tampa Bay/NYG games? Most were expecting a win against STL and then 2 losses before our bye. If we had to lose the STL or TB games, I'm really glad it's the STL game considering tiebreaking down the road may be in play with Tampa.

Everyone is ridiculous on this board, you win and they whine and if they lose they whine. Really annoying.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
While some seem to worry about the next two games, both are very winnable.

That leaves 10 days before heading into Pittsburgh to face a real test.

But that should give Romo time to heal, and time to get in rythm with RoyUT.

I could be way off here, but did we just see the galvanizing game of the season? Just like the loss to the Eagles in 95 on the 4th and 1?

Let down and stay home for Jan.

But there is way too much talent on this team to suggest they can't do it if motivated.

There is not one team on the remainder of this schedule that Dallas can't beat if they don't beat themselves and have their mind's right.

Four out of six games at home.

Sunday's can't get here quick enough now.

ologan

Reaction score
Never said that based on one victory that "all is well",but "all is lost" is just as improbable.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Unless the 2nd half was the REAL "turning point" in the season/players minds... then we will get complacent again.

The "urgency" shown in 2nd half was impressive (and telling... I hope)

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score

thats funny I have the opposite opinion. I have heard lots from the media in the last few days how they are NOT back yet. And my reaction to this is like heck we are not. If the season ended right now a 6-4 would be in and we are 6-4. We have just as good a shot as anyone, better in fact in that we are getting several key players back to where they were before injuries (plus Roy11). This guarantees nothing, they have to still win but so do all the other, less talented, teams.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
LOL. I said it several times last week. All the *****ing and moaning will completely stop with a win against the Commanders. Now, "all is well."

Smith22

Reaction score
The Giants got blown out by the Browns. Any given Sunday....

Let Romo finish healing and get Felix back, which will help both on offense and as a major threat on kick returns.

IF our team plays up to its abilities, we will be very hard to stop.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

These guys know what is on the line and I hope they are feeling confident. Last thing I want is a team doubting themselves.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I didn't even realise anyone had said all was well because of one win. This one win, which was big, simply puts us into position to do what we need to do down the stretch.

aikemirv

Reaction score
The team can't believe all is well. All you have to do is look at the Standings and find out "you're not in yet" if it ended today. They have dug a hole that they are going to have to fight out of EVERY week.

Confidence is a big key to playing good football.

One game at a time - one win at a time. They just can't let up, period!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
aikemirv;2427722 said:
The team can't believe all is well. All you have to do is look at the Standings and find out "you're not in yet" if it ended today. They have dug a hole that they are going to have to fight out of EVERY week.

Confidence is a big key to playing good football.

One game at a time - one win at a time. They just can't let up, period!

I agree and that is why they should be feeling good after the last game because confidence is a big key.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All of this talk about the Cowboys missing the playoffs is so overblown. We're probably a game back of where we should expect to be, given the number and nature of our injuries here in Q2. What's so difficult about expecting a good team to go 4-2 over the last six games of the season? By any standard, if this team has hopes of advancing in the playoffs, that's the level it needs to be playing at in Nov/Dec, anyway. Every game left on the schedule is winnable today. 3, maybe 4 of those teams aren't playoff teams themselves. Cowboy fans just like to ***** so they have a reason to ***** sometimes.