I don't want to hear anymore

wileedog

Reaction score
We struck downfield when we were ahead.

We blitzed (well) when we needed to.

We got presuure and sacks without the blitz.

Julius ran great.

The kickers were both great.

Just stop. We executed tonight. That was the difference.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
:hammer:

we could have executed better though, 9 drops, the penalties, and the breakdown in kick-off coverage to name a few

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
wileedog said:

Julius ran great.

EXACTLY... At least we're in for a more "sane" bye week around here going into week 4.

We have room for improvement... too many drops and penalties. But most of the issues we saw from Week 1 seem to have been addressed. Maybe the Chicken Littles will take a break for a litle while.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
And Bledsoe deserves as many props this week as bric-a- brac we threw his way last week.

Bizwah

Reaction score
It's strange.

The Skin OL is lightyears ahead of the Jags OL, yet we couldn't sniff Leftwich.

It's nice to see that we were a little more aggressive on defense.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
And Bledsoe deserves as many props this week as bric-a- brac we threw his way last week.

I continue to think he was feeling the ill effects of some injury last week.

bobtheflob

Reaction score
Bizwah said:
It's strange.

The Skins OL has shown nothing in preseason and 2 regular season games to make me think they're good. I don't know why because it's basically the same as last year, but it's been terrible.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Bizwah said:
It's strange.

I didnt think we were a whole lot more aggressive. Maybe the jags OL is just better than the skins.

wileedog

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
:hammer:

we could have executed better though, 9 drops, the penalties, and the breakdown in kick-off coverage to name a few

Yeah, we could have executed better.

But the point is there was ZERO problem with the game plan tonight. If TO hangs on to a few more balls this is a route.

Reaction score
wileedog said:

Julius ran great.

That must be why Bill is so darn happy,,, :rolleyes:

the good thing is that the dropsies won't last, the receivers are too good for that. But the OL penalties are a concern. Defense looked good,,, and I think that 49 yarder was just what ther doctor ordered for Vandy :)

DipChit

Reaction score
You sure, wilee?

Maybe we ought can the whole coaching staff anyway? Surely all these great players wont be able to overcome bush-league coaching week in and week out. ;)

2much2soon

Reaction score
Anybody else notice the stunt Ware ran early in the game?
About !@#$ time they mixed up the pass rush.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
We had way too many dropped passes. Our High dollar FA Be-All-End-All WR grew alligator arms after he took a couple of hits and several of those drops were his because of that (and that was even before he hurt his hand which I do hope is nothing too bad). Bledsoe was ok...much better than last week...although he was far from perfect missing several open receivers when he had time. And we had way too many mental errors with holding calls and other inopportune penalties on both sides of the ball. Special teams were nothing special once again but I have come to expect that from a DeHavens coached ST unit.

Now that I have gotten the "Chicken Little" issues (what some of us like to think of as reality) out of my system; I thought the offense as a whole did a passable job with flashes of being spectacular. Our running game was adequate and Julius had some nice runs as did Barber and Thompson had a great run that was called back on a penalty that did not affect the play at all. The OL gave Bledsoe all the time he could possibly expect. The execution on most plays was handled pretty well with the exception of the aforementioned penalties, dropped passes and missed receivers.

The Defense was excellent. T-New shut down Moss until the very end when we started giving him the underneath stuff. The pass rush was brutal and Brunell was on the run all night. Roy came up with the big play at the perfect time and the Defense was finally what we all hoped it would be this year. I was very pleased with the way they took care of business.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
JackMagist said:
We had way too many dropped passes. Our High dollar FA Be-All-End-All WR grew alligator arms after he took a couple of hits and several of those drops were his because of that (and that was even before he hurt his hand which I do hope is nothing too bad).
TO said he broke the finger on the first drive of the game.

2much2soon

Reaction score
JackMagist said:
We had way too many dropped passes. Our High dollar FA Be-All-End-All WR grew alligator arms after he took a couple of hits and several of those drops were his because of that (and that was even before he hurt his hand which I do hope is nothing too bad).

TO oughta be embarassed at his performance. He is clearly scared of Sean Taylor.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
JackMagist said:
We had way too many dropped passes. Our High dollar FA Be-All-End-All WR grew alligator arms after he took a couple of hits and several of those drops were his because of that (and that was even before he hurt his hand which I do hope is nothing too bad). Bledsoe was ok...much better than last week...although he was far from perfect missing several open receivers when he had time.

Seconded. He was solid, but far from spectacular. That TG td was a heckuva floater....but a good thing is that Taylor was woefully out of position and the LBer was way slow.

The PI call on the deep throw to glenn was a good call too, but that ball was thrown incorrectly as well.

Yes, I am being picky, and I expect plenty of "some people just look for the bad.' But I'm calling what I saw - a lot of drags, good catches on poorly thrown short passes, and yes, Bledsoe got screwed by dropped passes.

But he was still off for some reason or another - he didn't get anyone open with his arm - that's for damn sure.

NickZepp

Reaction score
The thing is that we didn't execute perfectly. But we executed well. We can play much better. The offensive line looked really good. Flo played 1000% better then he did against JVille.

TO wasn't scared of anyone. He couldn't catch well with that broken finger. It's tough for anyone to catch with a broken finger. He's probably embarassed with his preformance some.

wileedog

Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
But he was still off for some reason or another - he didn't get anyone open with his arm - that's for damn sure.

Bledsoe is what he is. Lots of us have said that if he was even average last week we would have won.

Tonight he was, push back the Romo inauguration a week or two.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
2much2soon said:
TO oughta be embarassed at his performance. He is clearly scared of Sean Taylor.
I don't know about that. It could be he is more afraid of being hurt and would have short armed that pass regardless of who was bearing down on him.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
wileedog said:
Bledsoe is what he is. Lots of us have said that if he was even average last week we would have won.

Tonight he was, push back the Romo inauguration a week or two.

Oh I completely agree - I'll take good, solid bus driving any time. I just want it consistently, without meltdowns.