I entered a contest at Sweetwater and I won this guitar

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Guess what my guitar friends! Two weeks ago I entered a contest at Sweetwater and, well, I won this guitar! I can't freaking believe it! I just got the email this morning and an hour or so the salesman called me and congratulated me and to expect the guitar in a couple of days. I have never won anything like this in my life! It's an amazing Taylor guitar to go along with my two other Taylor acoustic guitars, but they are not as expensive as this one. Later on this evening when my band comes to the studio for a jam session, I'm going to spring this on them!

I'm going to write me a blues song about fate and and the love it brings about time, the first time luck hit my face.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...dition-acoustic-electric-guitar-natural-gloss

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Guess what my guitar friends! Two weeks ago I entered a contest at Sweetwater and, well, I won this guitar! I can't freaking believe it! I just got the email this morning and an hour or so the salesman called me and congratulated me and to expect the guitar in a couple of days. I have never won anything like this in my life! It's an amazing Taylor guitar to go along with my two other Taylor acoustic guitars, but they are not as expensive as this one. Later on this evening when my band comes to the studio for a jam session, I'm going to spring this on them!

I'm going to write me a blues song about fate and and the love it brings about time, the first time luck hit my face.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...dition-acoustic-electric-guitar-natural-gloss
That is awesome news, man. Congrats! Taylor makes superb guitars. You're going to love that thing. Do post pictures of it!

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
That is awesome news, man. Congrats! Taylor makes superb guitars. You're going to love that thing. Do post pictures of it!
I'll try and post some pics, but I'm not puter smart like that, I would not know how to do that?

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I'll try and post some pics, but I'm not puter smart like that, I would not know how to do that?
If you want help in doing it, send me a private message. I'll help you with it if you want me to. Only if you want to -- your call.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Don't tell them you won it. Say you found it after the last gig, just laying behind the stage or something.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
If you want help in doing it, send me a private message. I'll help you with it if you want me to. Only if you want to -- your call.
Thank you I will. It won't arrive for a few days yet. But it's one of those in the link I posted. I've never had a brand new Taylor, my other two I got used, but they are still very cool. But this one! Holy crap!

Big_D

Reaction score
That's awesome.. congratulations! Nice to know people actually win those sweet water giveaways.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Don't tell them you won it. Say you found it after the last gig, just laying behind the stage or something.
That might be a good idea. Instead of telling them I won this guitar, I won't mention it. Then when I'll tell I just stole it...which is really what I did. Contest.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Thank you I will. It won't arrive for a few days yet. But it's one of those in the link I posted. I've never had a brand new Taylor, my other two I got used, but they are still very cool. But this one! Holy crap!
I've never owned a Taylor. I've only played them, but I would love to own one. Every one of them that I've played as felt great in my hands, has been easy to play, and has had superb tone. This is way cool that you won one, and it looks to be one of their high-end ones. The make wonderful instruments. Congratulations.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I've never owned a Taylor. I've only played them, but I would love to own one. Every one of them that I've played as felt great in my hands, has been easy to play, and has had superb tone. This is way cool that you won one, and it looks to be one of their high-end ones. The make wonderful instruments. Congratulations.
I have two used... Taylor 214-ce and a 422 Taylor because I use them in my blues band.

But, brother man, if you are an acoustic guitar player, you must have a Taylor guitar. lol. Now I wish I could send one to you.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I have two used... Taylor 214-ce and a 422 Taylor because I use them in my blues band.

But, brother man, if you are an acoustic guitar player, you must have a Taylor guitar. lol. Now I wish I could send one to you.
I appreciate the sentiment, but I'll get my Taylor at some point. I the meantime, I'm doing okay for guitars. I own a 2018 Takamine GN51CE 6-string (left) and a vintage 1985 Ibanez V302 12-string (right). I love them both. The Takamine is one of their more affordable made-in-China ones. I don't think anything else can compete in its price range. On my shopping list is one of their higher-end, made-in-Japan P5NCs, and of course a Taylor, and a Martin. Those are all great guitars, but in different ways. I happened upon this vintage Ibanez acoustic over the summer. An elderly gent was its original owner, and was selling it because he didn't play it very much. I was wanting a 12-string acoustic because it works great for playing Hawaiian music. Ibanez is better known for their electrics, but they've made some good acoustics over the years, especially their made-in-Japan ones. The electrics in the photo are my Ibanez Artist AR325QA. I love it. The blue electric is my Sire Larry Carlton S7 FM. It's basically a superstrat designed by Larry Carlton and made in Indonesia. I'm blessed with some nice instruments that I enjoy playing.
That Taylor that you've won is a really high-end one! It's probably made in USA, in El Cajon, California. If you're ever out there, you should totally visit their manufacturing facility. That's on my bucket list. If it's not made there, it would have been made in Tecate, Baja California, Mexico. But I think yours is probably a made-in-USA one. Either way, Taylor knows their stuff. Their guitars are outstanding. It's time for you to celebrate, man. You've won a wonderful instrument. Contrats again.

Ibanez-V302-12-String-1.jpg

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I appreciate the sentiment, but I'll get my Taylor at some point. I the meantime, I'm doing okay for guitars. I own a 2018 Takamine GN51CE 6-string (left) and a vintage 1985 Ibanez V302 12-string (right). I love them both. The Takamine is one of their more affordable made-in-China ones. I don't think anything else can compete in its price range. On my shopping list is one of their higher-end, made-in-Japan P5NCs, and of course a Taylor, and a Martin. Those are all great guitars, but in different ways. I happened upon this vintage Ibanez acoustic over the summer. An elderly gent was its original owner, and was selling it because he didn't play it very much. I was wanting a 12-string acoustic because it works great for playing Hawaiian music. Ibanez is better known for their electrics, but they've made some good acoustics over the years, especially their made-in-Japan ones. The electrics in the photo are my Ibanez Artist AR325QA. I love it. The blue electric is my Sire Larry Carlton S7 FM. It's basically a superstrat designed by Larry Carlton and made in Indonesia. I'm blessed with some nice instruments that I enjoy playing.
That Taylor that you've won is a really high-end one! It's probably made in USA, in El Cajon, California. If you're ever out there, you should totally visit their manufacturing facility. That's on my bucket list. If it's not made there, it would have been made in Tecate, Baja California, Mexico. But I think yours is probably a made-in-USA one. Either way, Taylor knows their stuff. Their guitars are outstanding. It's time for you to celebrate, man. You've won a wonderful instrument. Contrats again.

That's what I'm talking about. So sweet. Beautiful instruments that talk to you.

You're lucky I don't know where you live or I'll come steal those guitars. lol

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
That's what I'm talking about. So sweet. Beautiful instruments that talk to you.

You're lucky I don't know where you live or I'll come steal those guitars. lol
Ha ha ha, or better yet, maybe we could just meet up and strum some chords. I especially want to see your new Taylor when you get it.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is so freaking awesome.

I have entered those contests from sweetwater many times but have never won. I think many times I wonder if someone actually does win it or if they just say someone does.

Nice to see someone win a killer guitar. I am not a big acoustic guy but that is a killer guitar.

I am so excited for you. It is funny how guitarists are happy when someone gets a new guitar and they wanna see it and hear about it.

Now we will all have GAS
Gear
Acquisition
Syndrome

Even though I do not have the money for another...I bet I look through reverb and some guitar sites at least once a week just to do some internet window shopping.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Hopefully you get that packet of candy with it! ;)

Quickdraw

Reaction score
Good on you man. I haven't entered their drawings in a long while. Maybe I'll start again. That's one gorgeous gee-tar there.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Is that an issue of Time Travel for Dummies on the upper shelf? :muttley: