I feel bad for Giants fans

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by silvernblu, Jan 21, 2020.

1. silvernblu

silvernblu Well-Known Member

397 Messages
    554 Likes Received
    Overnight they went from mocking Jason Garret to:
    • Actually he's a really good OC
    • It was all Jerry's fault for getting in his way
    • He's going to be great for Daniel Jones and Saquon
    Here's what we know:

Jason Garret is super smart and talks an amazing game. He does intellectually understand many of the nuances of the game as well as human psychology and how to motivate it.

I am certain he knocks the socks off any interview.

What he doesn't have:

1) That "it" factor that allows a coach to really feel the currents of a game and make intuitive moves
    2) A willingness to do the extra work to get down into the weeds and details, to use analytics, etc.
    3) The desire to be seen as a disciplinarian and hold people accountable

But to tell them now, they just think it's sour grapes.

People can justify anything and immerse themselves into all kinds of denial. It's amazing.

TheCoolFan likes this.
  2. EST_1986

EST_1986 Well-Known Member

7,549 Messages
    10,767 Likes Received
    I'm glad the Giants still continue to be bad

LACowboysFan1 likes this.
  3. nightrain

nightrain Since 1971

6,156 Messages
    10,191 Likes Received
    Garrett is going to do well with the Giants. Good young QB with good weapons and a dynamic RB. He was pretty successful in Dallas as an OC. The Giants are much more familiar with Garrett than anyone here at the CZ.

Rayman70 likes this.
  4. Future

Future Intramural Legend

22,836 Messages
    9,183 Likes Received
    I don't buy for one second that Jason Garret understands the "many of the nuances of the game."

That's the exact opposite of how he's always coached.

5. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member

46,784 Messages
    33,713 Likes Received
    Why would you ever feel for bad Giants fans?

6. silvernblu

397 Messages
    554 Likes Received
    I said he understood them intellectually. I also said he can’t coach it. No disagreement here.

7. silvernblu

397 Messages
    554 Likes Received

This is typical of what they’re saying. It’s called delusion.

8. nightrain

nightrain Since 1971

6,156 Messages
    10,191 Likes Received
    When hate over comes objectivity you have .........?

9. Rayman70

Rayman70 Well-Known Member

14,928 Messages
    13,062 Likes Received
    JG may actually be very good his first 2 years...his issue is failure to evolve.

daboyzruleperiod likes this.
  10. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

8,561 Messages
    3,462 Likes Received
    I don't feel sorry for them at all. In fact, the Giants just hired a former Cowboy DB coach as their DB coach. Makes me happier. Wish the Giants would have hired Marinelli too, but the Raiders picked him up.

Gives me more reason to hate the Giants. Numbnuts Garrett will do the same thing he did here. Talk a big game, get the job, and then choke. He will sabotage the head coach to get the head coach position. Watch and see. Garrett is a snake.

11. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

3,836 Messages
    4,939 Likes Received
    I don't feel bad at all. It will be fun to see him clapping on their sideline for a change. Just glad he's no longer here. Giant fans are delusional. Maybe they haven't been paying attention for 13 years?

Buzzbait likes this.
  12. iceberg

iceberg rock music matters Zone Supporter

33,604 Messages
    6,790 Likes Received
    given the hires judge is making, wow. you'd have to think "crash and burn" is in their future.

Robbieac and daboyzruleperiod like this.
  13. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

35,263 Messages
    6,224 Likes Received
    We've seen it for 10 years around here.

daboyzruleperiod likes this.
  14. daboyzruleperiod

daboyzruleperiod ♡☆

19,460 Messages
    45,363 Likes Received
    We the fans literally have to pinch ourselves to remind us Garrett's tenure is finally over. A decade with that man on the sidelines was a complete nightmare.

15. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

17,185 Messages
    14,850 Likes Received
    Garrett was NEVER accused by ANYONE for not doing the extra work to get down into the weeds and details. Your post is therefore trash.

16. LACowboysFan1

LACowboysFan1 Well-Known Member

4,336 Messages
    2,716 Likes Received
    Well I don't know, wouldn't be surprised if he does. It's not like he had 10 years with a 5-11 or 6-10 record, but IF the Giants do well, how much credit would go to Garrett? He's not the head coach, just the OC. He made some really bad decisions that cost the Cowboys games and possibly a SB win, but now it will be up to Judge to make those decisions, we'll probably not know how much Garrett's influence is in making them.

Sort of like Phillips, not a championship winning head coach, but a very good DC. Garrett may well be a good OC, and if he sticks with the run game and Barkley, that alone will give him a solid base, it'll be up to Judge to use that.

Understand I'm not a Garrett hater, he had to go, but it remains to be seen if McCarthy can do any better. I think he will, but we won't know until it happens...

17. nightrain

nightrain Since 1971

6,156 Messages
    10,191 Likes Received
    I am much happier with McCarthy as HC, but Garrett in more defined role like OC will be fine. I don't think the Giants will have a bottom 15 offense under Garrett.

18. silvernblu

397 Messages
    554 Likes Received
    oh really.

Show me the footage where Garrett got out the clipboard and showed a player in game time what he did wrong and how to go forward.
    All I ever saw was a clap, spit, and empty stare into space when things went sour. and a shove when things went well.

he was a motivational speaker. Nothing more.

19. daboyzruleperiod

daboyzruleperiod ♡☆

19,460 Messages
    45,363 Likes Received
    Shhhh....

Rayman70 likes this.
  20. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

17,185 Messages
    14,850 Likes Received
    That has absolutely nothing to do about him putting in the hours and extra work every single day. I’m glad Garretts gone, but accusing him of being lazy is just asinine.

roughneck266 likes this.