I got blasted for wanting Tony Gonzalez, do you believe me now, Witten is hurt!

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
the kid 05;2332044 said:
Mat McBrair is one of the best punters in the NFL why in gods green planet would you replace him?
yeah I thought he was injured worse than he actually is. Scratch punter from the list

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Hostile;2330570 said:
Sorry Joe, it was a bad idea and still is.

Not really. Tony Curtis cost us the game. Getting Tony G would put Curtis on the street. And that's a good thing.

tunahelper

Reaction score
For a 3rd pick I would get him a heartbeat. Examine our last 10 3rd picks and tell me 3-4 years worth of Gonzalez wouldnt be worth it?

rathalarge

Reaction score
Aven8;2332111 said:
We screwed that deal up when KC picked him and we got LaFluer......Aikman would probaly still be playing!

How did "we" screw that up? Did KC pick before us that year in the draft? If they did, we probably didn't have the ability, or in Jerry's case at that time the smarts to move up and not down in the draft. Now, if Gonzalez went after LaFleur in the draft, then remember, Troy shouldn't have played longer, because 'he hand picked LaFleur' after a personal workout before the draft!

joseephuss

Reaction score
Rack;2332805 said:
Not really. Tony Curtis cost us the game. Getting Tony G would put Curtis on the street. And that's a good thing.

Tony G would still not be out there blocking for the punter, so how does that help?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
joseephuss;2332943 said:
Tony G would still not be out there blocking for the punter, so how does that help?
I wasn't going to bother, but the same question immediately came to my mind.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2330560 said:
I got blasted for this, and tried to show that the cowboys either needed a big number 2 wr to stretch the defense, or another te like tony gonzalez to help out jason witten,

witten is hurt, and he is still playing on guts

gonzalez would give him some rest, and help

reports are that tony curtis let one of the blockers in that killed mcbrair

so do you believe me now, we need tony gonzalez

I squish this idea right out of your head

bald05.jpg

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Tony is not needed and wouldn't fix enough to be a big enough difference. Witten had an off game, he's going to have those from time to time, I don't think it has anything to do with being hurt.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Aven8;2332111 said:
We screwed that deal up when KC picked him and we got LaFluer......Aikman would probaly still be playing!
:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I don't know if TG is the answer but.... I will keep harping on it until something is done. We need someone else to compliment TO. We need a true #2 WR... Crayton has shown his true colors this year and the rest of the guys are serviceable at best. When TO is commanding a double team someone else is always going to be open if they run good routes and give full effort. Something is not adding up right now...

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
thats exactly my point that i am trying to make, we need a number 2 wr, even steve breaston beat out crayton yesterday, and he is a rookie,

our other wrs austin, stanback, hurd arent cutting it either;

i am all for a number 2 wr but if you cant get one, and with Witten hurt some, Tony Gonzalez can help this team, besides some leadership on this team besides, T O and Witten is obviously needed and i think Gonzalez would be the spark needed, and then you can go into a double TE formation like the cowboys want to run;

there are 2 days left for trade, someone is needed on this team besides T O that can spread the defense while witten recovers, do you want tony curtis to do that, look at what he did, on special teams,

do you want bennett whom was wide open on a critical play and he couldnt get to the ball, he is still too inexperienced,

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
joseephuss;2332943 said:

I thought I made myself clear in my first post.

Tony Curtis would NOT be out there. That's a good thing.

It was sarcasm but I guess some of you (Yes you, Hos) just couldn't figure it out.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cowboyjoe;2333121 said:
thats exactly my point that i am trying to make, we need a number 2 wr, even steve breaston beat out crayton yesterday, and he is a rookie,

our other wrs austin, stanback, hurd arent cutting it either;

i am all for a number 2 wr but if you cant get one, and with Witten hurt some, Tony Gonzalez can help this team, besides some leadership on this team besides, T O and Witten is obviously needed and i think Gonzalez would be the spark needed, and then you can go into a double TE formation like the cowboys want to run;

there are 2 days left for trade, someone is needed on this team besides T O that can spread the defense while witten recovers, do you want tony curtis to do that, look at what he did, on special teams,

do you want bennett whom was wide open on a critical play and he couldnt get to the ball, he is still too inexperienced,
Breaston is in his 2nd year. He was a 5th rounder last year by the Cards.

Austin has clearly stepped up this year and is turning into a real player. Stanback is still learning the position. Hurd has show me nothing.

I would prefer we upgraded the #2 WR over bringing in a 32 year old Gonzalez.

Despite the play yesterday Curtis is a pretty solid #3 TE.

I trust Bennett more than you do but he is still a rookie.

Yesterday's game is a perfect example of having a #2 WR that can make some plays when your #1 WR is double teamed. The Card's have that guy and we don't. Crayton and Austin are #3 WR's IMO and if we could complement our WR group with A. Boldin or R. Williams type WR we would be very difficult to defend.

Aven8

Reaction score
Why would we want to go after Gonzales????? He clearly stated he wanted to be traded to a CONTENDER!

:lmao:

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Rack;2332805 said:
Tony Curtis cost us the game.
He is actually getting good at it.

His whiff on Juqua Parker when we were trying to run out the clock should have cost us the Philly game. We got lucky McNabb later decided to pump fake a handoff.

MONT17

Reaction score
Last week most replies would have had Tony QB rating all over this thread! I guess we need someone to continue the tradition!