I guess all is quiet for the Cowboys

JBS

Reaction score
This is the part of FA Dallas loves. They’ll be involved

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry said his little show should have you guys hooked for another 4 or more seasons while his bank account grows. Nothing more to see here. Jerry has gone almost half in this year.
You're here talking about the Cowboys enough that I would say you're hooked in too. Even if you're negative about everything related to the team, focusing attention on the team still shows your hooked. .

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Does anyone foresee any more moves being made?? I think after pro days, teams will begin to focus on their draft boards, and LESS about free agents!

Who if anyone can we sneak in to sign

My guess is the FO might make one more move before the draft. Then, we will probably see our remaining FA moves after the draft. My guess is that the FAs they brought in to visit a week or so ago will be the signings made once the comp picks deadline of 15 May passes. Once that happens, I think you'll see our FA activity pick up.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
They are fine at DE, CB and LB. The depth they sign is not an upgrade over anything in the draft.

LB is already at 5. Parsons, LVE, Clark, Cox, Harper. 1-2 in the draft + UDFA

DE is at 5. Tank, Armstrong, Fowler, Williams, Golston. More draft + UDFA

CB has 7 already Diggs, Gilly, Bland, Lewis, Joseph, Wright, Goodwin already.

2 of those corners aren't a lock for this team

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I think they are good at DE....yes need DT starter and some LB Depth...if they could get one DT before the draft that could be a starter then i truly think the could go BPA that fits best in the draft....which is a very good spot to be in.

Definitely, I think the top 3-4 needs by position are NT, RB, LB, and OT/OG. I think, because we're down to 4 big needs, we will see at least 3-4 of those addresses during the draft.

What I'd like to see is us get a Mazi Smith NT (Michigan) in round 1 or oline like a Torrence O'Cyrus (Florida), oline or Siaki Ika in round 2, Tank Bigsby (Auburn) in round 3, and then perhaps round 5, take a chance on Andrew Vorhees from USC. I know he has a torn ACL, but, he's a player that we'd stash with a 5th round pick for next year with a player that was rated as a top 90 prospect prior to tearing it at the combine. As for round 4, I'd probably look for a Lb or take 3T Moro Ojomo of Texas.

My dream draft would be Bijan Robinson (I have no expectation of him falling to our pick), Siaki, Dorian Williams (WLB from Tulane), Moro Ojomo, and Vorhees (assuming no trades) or Viliami Fehoko DE San Jose State in round 5, Atonio Mafi Guard UCLA in round 6, and FB Hunter Luepke in round 7. We'd have a lot of our needs filled with that, some nice depth, a nice stache olineman, and a FB to add to our running game in Luepke.

Bigtex67

Reaction score
We will sign/trade for a LB and a DT. It may not be the ones any of us want or anyone we even know much about, but we need more bodies if nothing else at those two positions. I'm still thinking a starting LB like Wagner and a starting NT are both very possible. While I want a good 3 tech, I don't see it happening. Maybe at the trade deadline (if we don't draft one) if we squirrel away all of this cap space we created.
I really hope you are right about signing Wagner and a DT!!!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll be here at the end of the season watching you guys crying about another year lost. Sad but true. I bet you guys wish you could get garrett back too.
I don't cry for football. Too many more important things in life...the game used to put food on the table and provided my family a great life, when retired it became a game again and a cool distraction. See you in February.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Does anyone foresee any more moves being made?? I think after pro days, teams will begin to focus on their draft boards, and LESS about free agents!

With these two….quiet is a VERY good thing.

The Cooks and Gilmore deals weren’t out there until they were done. Maybe they are leaning that telling the world their intentions isn’t a good thing.

Doubtful but one can dream!

Either way, let’s NOT be concerned over silence when it comes to these two….just enjoy it while it lasts.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

I like them better when they're quiet and actually making moves to try and improve the team.

Jerry can save his face time for the draft.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I'm sure there is stuff going on behind the scenes and there might be another surprise signing and or trade...maybe a depth player or two but seems like it's draft focus now...

And that is ok by me...they have plenty of cap left if someone they want is available and they don't have any gaping holes except for DT which in all fairness is always a gapping hole
Me want DT

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Broaddus said they're going to trade for Vita Vea.

T-RO

Reaction score
Jerry has gone almost half in this year.

How about you name a playoff team, without the luxury of QB-on-rookie contract, whom you believe think did more than Cowboys or better than Cowboys in free agency.

The mic is yours.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Imagine the kind of guy you’d have to be to get kicked out of the nfl owners club

shabazz

Reaction score

We will make up for all the unexpected free agent moves by trading out of the first 2 rounds of the draft so we can own the 3rd and 4th rounds……only than can we get back to the normal of the last 25 years

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I'd like to see one more move for a LG or DT. Hankins would be OK, but he is not a difference maker. Free agent or another value trade. I have faith in them finding a quality o-lineman, but they haven't drafted a real difference maker DT in decades. They are pitching a perfect game so far, finish it!

DuncanIso

Reaction score

Looks like it’s draft time.

The big WR and CB signings are basically one year deals.

So they need depth. Wright and KJ playing out their contracts.

Biadasz is UFA after the season and they need help on the OL.

RB is a mess.

Need a DE. DLaw getting near the end.