I guess I'm the only one who's optomistic

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
I mean, everyone's acting liek the season is over, how we just suck, and are acting like we just lost the superbowl.

Once we Romo/Felix/Kosier/Newman,/Etc. back, and get Roy Willimas up to speed with the offense, I think we'll go on an 8 game winning streak.

Do we look bad now, sure, but we did give the rams great field position BECAUSE we didnt' have Romo at Q.B., and gave up pass plays because Newman is missing in secondary, and it's not like the Rams offense can't explode on anyone any given week with Bulger/Holt/Jackson anyways.

I felt we were gonna losegame, especially since I've been screaming for Jererry to sign Byron Leftwich or Culpepper cause I knew Brad Johnson is not what we need at backup Q.B. in case Romo went down.

We were just flat, I think without Romo, the whole team kind of felt like oh well, we're gonna lose now, but I for one don't think they're gonna stay this way, once Romo is back andRoy get accustomed and Felix and Newman get back and take the bye week to regroup, I think after the bye wee, you're gonna see what you saw the 1st 2 weeks, a dominating team.

Do we look like garbage now, but we do got a bunch of key injuries INCLUDING ROMO which is HUGE, I mean, take Peyton Manning off the Colts, how are they gonna look?
Bottom lin,e we're a REALLY, REALLY Banged up football team right now that doesn't have confidence, I feel once the bye week comes, we get a ton of people back and everyone healthy and a new outlook after the bye week, I feel we'll be fine and think we'll undefeated the rest of the seaosn aftter the bye and MAYBE lose one game after the bye.
I am very optomistic and know the reaons why we are playing the way we are, and all will be fine after the bye week IMO!

Can you blame our defense on Romo being hurt, yes and no, we gave them the short field all day because our offense sucked because Romo was out and Johnson sucks balls, is it all cuse of Romo, no, Newman being out is a HUGE part of it, we got Henry who's lost a step and TWO ROOKIES, one starting the other the nickle back, so don't underestimate the loss of Newman on our defense, now our defense still needs a ton of work to be fixed even with Newman, I think our defense QUIT once they knew there was no way Brad I'm 100 years old and suck Johnson was gonna bring them back, I think they knew the game was over and just quit, with Romo in the game, I think ey play harder, not an exuse for their poor play, but still just mentioning some factors that missign Romo has on our WHOLE TEAM.

BOTTOM LINE, stop acting like we just lost the superbowl and the seaon is over, LAST TIME I CHECKED we have a WINNING RECORD at 4-3 and still have plenty of games left to play and once we start getting some key pieces to the puzzle back like Romo hopefully this week, Felix Jones the week after, Newman and possibly Pacman after the bye week, and including just as important role players such as Kevin Burnett and Anthony Spencer, etc., and we are playing on a full tank of gas with all our players healtyh not to mention Roy Williams up to speed with our offense, I think in hindsight, this could be the best thing that happened to this team, it showed we can't just show up and expect the other team to roll over cause we got like 17 pro-bowlers on our roster, I think Wade taking over calling the defense is a huge step since Stewart looked like a deer caught int he headlights with NO CLUE what he's doing.

So, I think this rough patch in the road is NOT the end of the raod season ove, acting like we just lostt eh superbowl, what I see is a team that now knows it's gonna be a struggle all year and they gotta try that much harder, we're stll 4-3 which most teams would kill to be right now, and we're only gonna get healthier, and this rough patch will only elp us come together more as a team IMO and once the bye week comes here, I think you'll see us after that 2 week break in action to regroup and refocus on the goal at hand and come out after the break on fire and light it up, that's my guarantee!

ultra5

Reaction score
well... i guess we can't get much worse at this point.

that being said however - i believe we are in for a bit of a rocky road for the next few weeks.

Tampa is no joke and their D is playing very tough right now.

i do believe that Romo needs to sit as long as possible to make sure he gets his finger healthy again. i don't buy into all this Brett Favre "toughness" crap... this IS his throwing hand we are talking about - and it's ridiculous to think he would be remotely good with a bum finger on his throwing hand.

what i see happening is that we will probably continue to struggle a bit over the next 3 games.

i can't tell you how disgusted i am with our lack of Defense. if i see any more arm tackles i am going to be sick. for some odd reason this "glamour" D thinks they don't have to get dirty to stop people. Jay Ratliff and Demarcus Ware need to take a real leadership role on D - b/c they are the only ones who seem to care enough to bring it each week. The rest of em' are just a bunch of pansies until they step up and show something.

if i were Jerry i'd ban the players from talking to the media until they show they start playing as a real team.

once Romo gets back i think this team will get their act back together and go on a sick run to end the season.

truth is - i'd much rather all of these problems/issues be exposed now than in week 13 or 14 of the season.

as we have learned - it's not how you start in this league, but rather how you finish.

we are about to find out if we have "finishers" on this team - or a bunch of soft thieves who are robbing Jerry blind. at the end of the day - it is sad that we have to even be discussing these things. these players need to check themselves to find out if they are men or not.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Burgundy&Gold;2361720 said:
Spell check?

OH GOD, a few words here and there, give me a breka (spelled wrong on purpose, but you k,nwo what it says, well, ANYONE with a high I.Q. I should say), I hate you guys who ca CLEARLY read my post without a problem and have to mention pspell check cqause I type fast and don't wanna re-read my whole post just to make sure every word is spelled perfect, you can read it and know what I'm saying, so give it a rest, you're the type of guy who reminds me of the kid in school when a substitute teacher came in you'd remind him he forgot to give us homework! LOL

Either post something of substance or don't waste our time with a post "SPELL CHECK" hahaHA
What a tool!
DITTO for the other guy who replied under you!

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
ultra5;2361736 said:
well... i guess we can't get much worse at this point.

that being said however - i believe we are in for a bit of a rocky road for the next few weeks.

Tampa is no joke and their D is playing very tough right now.

i do believe that Romo needs to sit as long as possible to make sure he gets his finger healthy again. i don't buy into all this Brett Favre "toughness" crap... this IS his throwing hand we are talking about - and it's ridiculous to think he would be remotely good with a bum finger on his throwing hand.

what i see happening is that we will probably continue to struggle a bit over the next 3 games.

i can't tell you how disgusted i am with our lack of Defense. if i see any more arm tackles i am going to be sick. for some odd reason this "glamour" D thinks they don't have to get dirty to stop people. Jay Ratliff and Demarcus Ware need to take a real leadership role on D - b/c they are the only ones who seem to care enough to bring it each week. The rest of em' are just a bunch of pansies until they step up and show something.

if i were Jerry i'd ban the players from talking to the media until they show they start playing as a real team.

once Romo gets back i think this team will get their act back together and go on a sick run to end the season.

truth is - i'd much rather all of these problems/issues be exposed now than in week 13 or 14 of the season.

as we have learned - it's not how you start in this league, but rather how you finish.

we are about to find out if we have "finishers" on this team - or a bunch of soft thieves who are robbing Jerry blind. at the end of the day - it is sad that we have to even be discussing these things. these players need to check themselves to find out if they are men or not.
so you believe we should lose the next 2 games and be 4-5 when he comes back? cause were not gonna win a game without Romo. the Cowboys are a mess right now and the only person that can clean it up is Tony Romo playing starting this Sunday at home against the bucs.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
dadymat;2361735 said:
message board check?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

ultra5;2361736 said:
i do believe that Romo needs to sit as long as possible to make sure he gets his finger healthy again.

Romo needs to sit as long as possible so he can remove his head from his nugget dispencer. Its gonna take more than "I can only try my best" nonsense. ITS GONNA TAKE MORE THAN TONY!!!!

Daudr

Reaction score
At this point we are going to be lucky to hit 10-6, which is going to be very close on whether we can even qualify for the playoffs.

Oh, and your fantasy of an 8 game winning streak would involve winning on the road in Philly, NYG, Washington, and Pittsburgh, so I hope you eat your Jesus Flakes and do a lot of praying.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
ThatsmyQB;2361709 said:
I
mean, everyone's acting liek the season is over, how we just suck, and are acting like we just lost the superbowl

we didnt lose the super bowl...we lost to the Lambs, one of the worst teams in football. we lost to the Cards, a team that had given up 56 pts and 6 tds two weeks earlier...we nearly lost to 0-7 Cinci at home...we looked awful vs Washington, at home

Once we Romo/Felix/Kosier/Newman,/Etc. back, and get Roy Willimas up to speed with the offense, I think we'll go on an 8 game winning streak.

I guess anything is possible, but the evidence we've seen so far makes this highly unlikely

Do we look bad now, sure, but we did give the rams great field position BECAUSE we didnt' have Romo at Q.B., and gave up pass plays because Newman is missing in secondary, and it's not like the Rams offense can't explode on anyone any given week with Bulger/Holt/Jackson anyways.

Rams, 4 offensive tds in 5 games before we played them...4 vs us alone, and they could have easily had another TD or two

I felt we were gonna losegame, especially since I've been screaming for Jererry to sign Byron Leftwich or Culpepper cause I knew Brad Johnson is not what we need at backup Q.B. in case Romo went down.

:rolleyes:

We were just flat, I think without Romo

guess you missed the other 6 games, they looked flat then too

Do we look like garbage now, but we do got a bunch of key injuries INCLUDING ROMO which is HUGE, I mean, take Peyton Manning off the Colts, how are they gonna look?

did I miss something, has Romo missed all the games we played like crap in?

BOTTOM LINE, stop acting like we just lost the superbowl

again, people would understand losing a super bowl, it means you probably lost to an excellent team...none of our losses have come against great, or even good teams IMO, including Washington